Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-02, 08:39

Plan: atkins
Stats: 155/175/135 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: -100%
Default Last lap buddy needed

When I see the tremendous amounts dropped by some of the members of this forum, I'm ashamed of myself.

I have struggeld for 10 years to lose 20 lbs. Instead I gained 50.

LC & fasting are the only things that work for me. I find that I am so carb sensitive I have to stay at induction levels or I gain weight (FAST).

Anyhoo, I'm 9 lbs from goal, the closest I've been in 7 years. Anyone out there with similar goals?

At my biggest : 176lbs, wst 33, size 14
Current : 144, wst 28, size 10
Goal : 135, wst 26 size 8

HELP!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Dec-03-02, 15:10

Plan: atkins since 1-21-03
Stats: 210/155/125 Female 5 ft. 3 in.
BF:
Progress: 65%

hey there! i would like a buddy too! i am just starting out again on DANDR. my biggest thing is giving up cokes. i am trying to find something to really keep me motivated and am having trouble finding it. i am trying to stock up on foods that require little or no cooking because i am always on the run. let me hear from you about how hard its been or how easy? i think you should be very proud of yourself, i hope i can do as well. is it nice to see that you have almost reached your goal? do you have any before and after pics? keep on going till its gone.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Dec-04-02, 07:55

BF:
Default Hi there

Hey there bud

Tell me more about where you're at and where you'd like to go.

I find that after a few rounds of LC my carb cravings adjust. Last week a student brough me cake which is my absolute weakness, after a few bites I was done.

So my tip is, get rid of all the tempation. Then if you fall off a few times, get back up without beaing yourself up and start again. Eventually your body will adjust.

..Max..
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Dec-10-02, 13:11

Plan: Mod Atkins
Stats: 170/162/110 Female 5 ft
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Hi Max

I could use a buddy too. Your story sounds a lot like mine I wasn't real big but I once wore a size 11/12 but I am only 60 inches tall so for my height that's pretty big , I am now down to 3/4 but I could only get there by low carbing, I've tried many diets w/o much luck , maybe I lost a few pounds but that's about it I am finally at my goal weight. But I would like a buddy to keep me motivated , because I have a sugar addiction that I am still fighting but it's not nearly as bad as it use to be.

My current size:
HT: 5 ft even
WT: 115 pounds
Waist: 27in
Hips: 34 in
Size: 3/4

Before Atkins size:
WT: 130
Waist: 30 inches
Hips:36
Size: 9/10 or sometimes 11/12

Well write me back & let me know how you are doing & we can keep each other motivated.

Josie
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Dec-11-02, 15:21

BF:
Default Hey Josie

There are so many boards here that I'm losing track. Let's swap emails so we can communicate directly.

Mine is mpbrown~kasnet.com.

I'm pretty pleased with myself this week. Coming up against some high temptation situations (like Christmas luncheons) and doing pretty well with staying on plan.

How are you doing?

Also, tell me more about how you got to goal and how long it took.

..Max..
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Dec-11-02, 16:05

Plan: Mod Atkins
Stats: 170/162/110 Female 5 ft
BF:
Progress: 13%
Default Max

I'm doing fine I am fighting temptation though because this weekend I start (TOM)That TOM is the hardest part for me because I have a chocolate addiction.
Sure, I been losing track as well. My email is: josiemk~hotmail.com
I pretty much reached my goal by doing the Atkins & 4 to 5 days a week. It was hard at frist but it got easier; I noticed I would gain a couple of pounds when it was TOM,then after itwas over I would drop them plus another pound to go with it.

I'll email you.Take care.
Josie