Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-02, 19:41

Plan: LC/BFL
Stats: 160/159/145
BF:
Progress: 7%
Smile New to the forum, starting over again on LC

HI My name is Kelly, 32 years old mom of three girls, oldest is 7 and the twins are 5. About a year after the twins were born, I found LC and made it my WOE and WOL. I went from 215 to 150. I have slacked off from LC. Too many reasons and excuses to get into here. But no excuse is good enough to allow myself to gain back 10 pounds. So it is time to get off my butt and back on the LC wagon.
I am 5'10 and my goal is 140 pounds. I am currently 158. It is those last 10-15 pounds which are so hard to do. I am confortable with my weight right now, expect for the fact I dance and preform several shows a year. The killer for me was that this year I had to get a larger size for my costume I am hoping to get the weight off and get back into my regular size.
I have the Christmas show coming up in 2 weeks. I am realistic and know I won't "see" any results by then. But I am hoping to "feel" the results. What I really want to get back is that great feeling i had while low carbing. The energy, the thrill of losing weight and overall feeling on top of the world. I truly believe, eating carbs is directly linked to how I feel. When I eat carbs, I "feel" fat and lazy. I want to "feel" thin and full of energy.

Sorry about the long post.
I am committing myself (again) to this WOE.

KellyG5
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-02, 20:39
Vorsicht! heiß

Plan: SureSlim Wellness Clinic
Stats: 225.6/188.8/160 Female 5'8
BF:34%/24%/24%
Progress: 56%

Hi Kelly and Welcome,

you made a good decision to recommit yourself to this WOL. You will find much information here and the support is great.

Best wishes

Mischa
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-02, 21:31

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 195/176/125
BF:too much
Progress: 27%
Default Hey Kelly!

Like Misha.. I want to welcome you!
May you have the support you need to reach your goals!
Poofie!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Dec-03-02, 14:50

BF:
Default Thanks for the welcome

I would like to thank everyone who welcomed me to the group. I started tracking my diet at fitday.com I am going to keep a close eye on all those nasty carbs. They creep up in places you at least expect.
I guess I will find a better place to ask this question,
do you count fiber in your total carbs? I have heard some people don't count it and other believe a carb is still a carb no matter what form. Just curious on what everything thinks.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Dec-03-02, 14:55
Canuck Conundrum

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 283/000/180 Female 5' 8"
BF:?///?
Progress: 275%

Hi and welcome...
You will find most here do not count fibre. It is thought that fibre does not digest, therefore does not affect blood sugar.

If I may make a suggestion....start a journal. Keep track of your fitday results there...and what you eat...and anything else you want.

Visit other journals and get to know us. You will find a whole bunch of people that will stop by to check on you, redirect you to forums that answer your questions best. Tons of menu ideas, tips and inspiration!

Drop by mine and say hi! You can use to icon at the bottom of the posts, and start yours at bootcamp...

Good luck!

Sam
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Dec-05-02, 11:49

BF:
Post My Journal

Hi everyone, I wanted to let you know that I started my journal. It is under KellyG5
Don't know if I did it right, but putting down some facts, diet, exerciese etc.

I also have a question, everyone who has a journal has an icon on the bottom to link to their journal, how do you do that?
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Dec-11-02, 09:12

BF:
Talking Before and after pictures

I made a webpage for my before and after pictures. This is proof, Low Carb does work!

www.geocities.com/kglinski/beforeafter

I am struggling with the last 10 pounds. I started to gain a few pounds since the summer so it is time to get back on track.