Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-02, 08:59

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 248/219.5/150 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 29%
Angry Feeling so damn guilty!!

I had a lousy weekend. I could not control myself to save my life. I had postive talks with myself. I actually forced myself to throw up on two occasions, because I felt so bad about eating to many carbs. I'm ruining myself.

I managed to stay in ketosis, but deeply depressed about my will power. The holiday season was a complete disaster. Although, I didn't pig out, I just made some bad choices. Spoonful of that, a spoonful of this. This is getting ridculous.

I have got to get on track. BF - was a piece of steak. I'm in moderate ketosis. Did lose, but only 1 lbs. in the last 5 days.

Oh well!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-02, 09:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/112/107 Female 5'3"
BF:?
Progress: 90%
Smile 1 Pound!

Mystery:

1 lb. in 5 days? Consider yourself lucky. It takes me two weeks to lose one pound! Talk about discouraging! I stick to this WOE like glue, exercise 5-6 times/week and STILL it takes me 2 weeks to lose a pound.

Don't be too hard on yourself. Get back on track and you'll do just fine!

Kim
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-02, 10:21

Stats: 181/164/150
BF:
Progress: 55%

You're being way too hard on yourself! Look how well you've done so far!!!!

Changing eating patterns is a process. I've falled off the wagon myself and refuse to beat myself up about it anymore. I just pick myself up, brush myself off and climb right back on the wagon. I certainly don't eat the way I did in the past so I have made an improvement. I'll just keep improving and so will you.

I haven't lost a pound in over a month but it's OKAY. I will eventually - I'm WORKING on it.

Hang in there! You're doing great!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-02, 10:23
Registered Member

Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

Mystery,

Probably everyone on this board has been in your shoes at one time or another...you will do this off and on again, so don't stress too badly about it.

You need to relax. Atkins is not a diet, and you are not rushing to fit into some Christmas dress, are you? You're back on track, so re-adjust your thinking and just take one day at a time. Make it easy and effortless, and don't watch the scale. Many other things are happening that you are NOT seeing on the scale...then one day, WHOOSH...your body has gotten used to your new WOE and responds!!

I've dubbed myself the "turtle" of this forum since it took me from April until the beginning of November to get off 10 pounds and break through a plateau! But through all my frustration and banging my head against a wall, blaming myself for being an out of control pig, etc. I did learn something about LCing.

First of all, there are more benefits to this WOE than just weight loss. If the weight comes off me now - which it is - then that's a wonderful bonus. The main thing is that I eat good food, lots of it, and my health and metabolism has improved 100%.

You WILL lose the weight, but consistency is key. My once a week "sweet" really knocked the tar out of any progress. Now I have a piece of LC cheesecake in the fridge when I have to grab something or else! You decide what adjustments you need to make now so that the holidays are not a big sabotage for you, and you'll be fine.

#5   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-02, 13:11

Stats: 160/143/130 Female 5'6"
BF:32/*?!*!!/20
Progress: 57%

Oh hey, don't feel guility. Remember a lot of us are fighting a physical addiction, our body chemistry is adjusting. It isn't just will power that's needed, its time and chemical changes.
Be kinder to yourself, this isn't an easy change to make, we're un-learning a whole lifetime of eating habits and going against the grain of how most folk eat and what most shops and restaurants well.

Don't throw up - that's a dangerous cycle to get into!

You're doing really well. Try to stay positive, tell yourself all the good things you're doing. 'I ate a spoonful of that but at least I didn't eat the whole tub', 'I did a whole day of LC today', 'I'm back on track and doing well today' or whatever.

Smile and do that ' now is the start of the rest of my life' bit. You can't change the past, so forget it. Concentrate on now and enjoy it, be proud of yourself for doing so well.

Take care and be nice to yourself, Jay
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-02, 13:22

BF:

Guys,

Thanks for the encouragement. It just gets so damn frustrating. You tell yourself all day, that you're not going to do this or do that. And as soon as you get around food. Violoa! your brain just takes over and your hands swiftly reach for something that is not allowed. It happens so quickly, without thought sometimes. I know some of you guys say "just don't do it". It is a phsycological problem that needs to be re-aligned. Yes, I've done ok. But, what the hell is it that makes your brain just go nuts.

Today was a good day:

BF - Steak
LN - 2 cups of salad w/ham and grilled chicken
snack - chittlings 1/4 cup (all fat) don't comment, my girlfriend made them, there were not that good.
64 oz. of water already.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-02, 15:33

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally posted by mystery2u
Guys,

But, what the hell is it that makes your brain just go nuts.

Mystery2U...

It's called addiction and it will get better and easier the longer you abstain from foods that trigger it.
I'm very concerned about the forcing yourself to vomit comment. Purging after you binge on foods that you feel you shouldn't eat or even after just eating a spoonful or two of a food that you feel you shouldn't eat is not a good practice to get into and does far more harm than good. It's called Bulemia and it's something that you need to stop doing before it becomes a dangerous habit.
If you make a less than optimal choice, forgive yourself and get right back on track again. This is a way of life and there are bound to be a few slips here and there. In the grand scheme of things they aren't going to make a lot of difference unless you don't get back on track again afterwards.
In the confession booth forum there are a couple of very good stickies titled "Before you cheat" and "After you cheat". You may find it helpful to read them. Please take care of yourself.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-02, 15:43

BF:
Default Lisa N

I know throwing up is a bad habit. I got so angry with myself and told myself I didn't deserve chips and cake. My nephew had a birthday party and I indulged. I only had a little, but I felt so damn guilty. Before I went to the party I and turkey breast, w/ cheese and tuna. I prepared for the party. I made sure I was full and off I went.

Well, low and behold, there I was wolfing down some cake, fried chicken and chips.

I know throwing up is bad and I vowed not to do it again. I need to pray and focus more.

Thanks for the kind words!
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-02, 15:52
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi there Mystery,

Eating disorders are scary things. Have you had an ED before, or was this an isolated experience?

If you find yourself out of control with bingeing and/or vomiting, I'd like you to ask your doctor to refer you to an ED counsellor.

Overeaters Anonymous is another resource you might find helpful.

I'm not sure what you meant by the reference to fat with the chittlings (not sure what chittlings are either ). Fat is our friend on this WOE, don't be afraid to eat more fat.

I do hope you can sort things out, Mystery. All the best to you.

Rosebud
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Dec-02-02, 17:16
Registered Member

Stats: 140/135/125 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%

Hang in there, hoilday weekends are hard! My husband and I had 4 Thanksgiving meals this weekend. We ate a few(or more) things that we should not have. But today is a new day and we will start fresh again. You can not change yesterday and none of us are perfect, so go foward and do your best. One pound is five days is great!