Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Nov-23-02, 14:54

Plan: atkins
Stats: 274/267/170 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Please help - I feel a binge coming on...

I've done so well all week. I just ate two hambuger patties w/melted american cheese with some Ranch dressing. The dressing has 1g carbs for 2Tablespoon so I don't think that's the problem. I had a 3 egg omelet for breakfast, a couple of small hamburger parties with (sigh) about 2T open pit barbecue sauce - ugh! that's 11g of carbs in one shot! that's not worth it... and now i have these intense sugar cravings. it's kind of weird - i know i'm not hungry, but i want to eat. Maybe some water would help? I need some help... maybe I'm just not cut out for this.

Thanks!

Gail
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Nov-23-02, 15:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/203.5/140 Female 64 inches (5' 4'')
BF:
Progress: 38%

You are cut out for this! You can do this!

The cravings were probably triggered by the barbeque sauce - loads of sugar in it. These cravings are just your bodies way of trying to trick you into eating quick fuel - sugar. Your body is lying to you - it does NOT need sugar. You said so yourself, you are not really hungry - so don't give in.

When I get intense cravings I drink tons of water and/or I eat some tuna fish with lots of mayo - something with loads of fat in it. Suprisingly it usually kills the cravings.

Hang in there - you can get through this!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Nov-23-02, 15:21

Plan: atkins
Stats: 274/267/170 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 7%
Wink Thanks - I have a 32 oz glass of ice water in front of me

And I'm drinking it right down. The cravings are starting to go away. That was a great idea - I can just laugh at all the PopTarts in the kitchen now! Whew - that was close! Thanks so much, I can't believe how close I came to binging out. I must be a real carb-addict!

Gail
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Nov-23-02, 15:55
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Gail,

Glad to see you are more under control.

I find that L-Glutamine helps me with cravings. Some people find chromium useful, too. Others find eating a protein snack does the job.

Have you read the "Before You Cheat" sticky in the Confession booth? Razzle has given some great advice there that you might find helpful.

Good on you for beating this!

Rosebud
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Nov-24-02, 09:32
Registered Member

Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

Yea, no kidding, Gail! You did good!

Cravings and bingeing are a big part of my problem too...it's the control thing...resisting foolish thougts of "just this once" and "tomorrow, a new start". Thinking it through and having a back-up plan really does the trick!

Nice going.