Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-22-02, 05:38

Plan: My own
Stats: 257/257/187
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Hi fellow Aussies

This is my second posting, just a quick hi to all the fellow Aussies out there.

I see these forums as a great way to keep our motivation up by encouraging each other. I can see my internet usage increasing

I have been over weight for over 10-15 years now and this time I'm determined to get it off as age is creeping up on me.

8 months ago I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism and am currently trying to get my Oroxine dosage right. Hopefully when my T4/T3 levels come down weight loss will be easier.

One thing I am concerned about with this type of diet is the amount of chlorestrol (?) in the diet. Mine is at 7.9 at the moment and I don't eat fatty foods. So I think I'll stay of the butter, cheese, etc. Any comments

Bye for now

Griffo
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Nov-22-02, 07:24
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi there Griffo, welcome!

Quote:
One thing I am concerned about with this type of diet is the amount of chlorestrol (?) in the diet.

Matey, cholesterol is something you don't need to worry about. Let me suggest that you do some reading on this way of life. Perhaps you should start with Protein Power by the Drs Eades - they explain simply and clearly how it is the "trans fats" - found in margarine and commercially baked goods that cause harm.

Our Low Carb Studies & Research forum has a lot of info that may reassure you. You can start with
this thread.

Griffo, switching to low carb is such a drastic change, you really need to do as much reading as possible. Being well prepared is essential if you are going to stick with this long term.

How about looking at "Which low carb plan is right for me?" at the right side of the screen? It gives you summaries of the major plans and you can select the one that will best fit your lifestyle.

All the best, matey.

Rosebud
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-25-02, 04:52

Plan: My own
Stats: 257/257/187
BF:
Progress: 0%

Rosebud

Thanks for your replies, I'll take your advice and get into some reading, will keep you informed on how it's going.

Griffo
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-08-03, 19:06

Plan: atkins
Stats: 192/167.5/150
BF:FAT
Progress: 58%

Hi Griffo,
I myself have just started LC and so far it is just great. I am also learning heaps on this site but I do plan on going to the doctors just to ask questions on cholestrol etc..

Hope you find what works for you, all the best!

Sue