Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Nov-16-02, 08:45

Plan: low carb
Stats: 136.6/129.4/119 Female 4 11
BF:
Progress: 41%
Question is this o.k. to freeze?

this might sound like a stupid question but i was always taught no question is stupid.

i made a batch of the danish cheese pastry (eggs, cream cheese, splenda, etc.) during induction and then got nervous to eat it because of the splenda, so i put it in foil and stuck it in the freezer. do you all think it is o.k. to freeze and how long can i keep it in there for?

hey give me a break. i am a 32 year old single woman who hasn't done a lot of cooking in her life. so i am kind of new to these things.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Nov-16-02, 08:55
Registered Member

Plan: BFL/PP
Stats: 115/114/107
BF:32/32/25
Progress: 13%

Lisa, I'm not sure if its ok to freeze your pastry. Just take a small portion out and let it thaw and then see how it looks. See how it tastes. Sometimes freezing ruins the consistancy of the food so its watery and doesn't taste as good as fresh. I have a dish that i make called chili rellano casserold that is made with eggs, jack cheese, ortega chilis and milk. That freezes ok. Good luck with it
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Nov-16-02, 09:16
Contributing Member

Plan: lowcarb .
Stats: 160/141/127 Female 5'6"
BF:it"s for SALE!
Progress: 58%

Lisa...just send it to my house...I'll finish it off for ya!!

cin
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Nov-17-02, 20:15
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

*LOL*!!

Hey Lisa, I'm just kinda learning how to cook, too. You should have seen me try to roast chicken last week! I'm good with veggies and I can make a wicked omelette now, but raw meat and I don't get along very well.

You might want to try the mock danish without the splenda. I made it that way, and it was kind of like Yorkshire pudding or something. Not bad.