Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-02, 08:37
Pending Member

Plan: My own version
Stats: 213/198/140
BF:
Progress: 21%
Question Off Induction, now what?

Hi everyone This is really my first time posting so i look forward to getting to know you all. So here's the problem, i was one induction and thats where the weight loss came from, about 10 pounds. I was so happy! But now that I have off of Induction for about a week and half, I increased my carbs by 5 only (because I love nuts!) I have gained a little back. Should I go back to complete Induction to continue losing? I'm so afraid of messing this up, those 10 pounds felt wonderful! I can actually see my collar bones again. Please give some wise words of wisdom, I really could use them
Thanks, Crystal
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-02, 08:45

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Crystal,

Some people gain back a few pounds after their initial loss. Are you keeping your body hydrated enough to where it doesn't want to store water? The salt in the nuts could also be cause water retention.

I would cut out the nuts and see if that gets you back on track. You can have things but in moderation. Maybe having nuts every day isn't your bodies deal, and you will need to do them like once a week.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Nov-15-02, 09:27

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Post I agree...

You might want to stay at Induction levels a little while longer and not eat the nuts...

...and then see what happens. Also, the entire story isn't always told by the scale alone. Be sure to take some measurements!

Donald