Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-28-02, 16:29

Plan: carb/calorie cycling
Stats: 187/134/128 Female 1,59m
BF:36%/25%/21%
Progress: 90%
Default Leaving for 2 weeks holiday

What do i do when I come back after not having worked out for 2 weeks? I will be cycle-touring for 2 weeks so the cardio part is OK.
I have looked up stretching exercises for the body parts I've been training during a WO, but don't have access to a gym anywhere... at leat I won't be visiting them.

I was also wondering whether I'd ditch the diet for 2 weeks or try as much as I can to stick to the TKD diet I'm doing now....
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Nov-05-02, 23:13

Plan: adkins
Stats: 182/178/135 Female 5'4 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%
Cool

Hi I'm brand new to the forum, but I have been following a lower carb programme as well for a couple of months. I too will be travelling to mexico and hope that I can manage there also. I don't want to eat a lot of fruit there in case it's been washed with contaminated water
I've decided to use my thera band for the weight training resistance work. I can easily fit on in my bag and it weighs almost nothing. You can buy them at any medical supplies outlet or gym...
I'm also going to pack lots of the trim advantage protien bars, because they 1) taste good and 2) they are all individually wrapped for convenience.

Good luck on your journey.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Nov-12-02, 14:48

Things are more or less going OK. I DID ditch all the exercises and have just stretched 2 times so far. We cycled for 4 days out of 7 and it seems that things will not improve distance wise..
My brother had not cycled in 23 years and because he took my old bike with a flimsy rack, I ended up with all the cycling gear.. So despite the shorter daily distances I still get to work out a bit.
Diet wise things are going more or less OK. I try to eat every 2 to 3 hours which has a very beneficial effect on my performance. So much so that I am convinced that I have become a better cyclist.
We have been mostly staying in youth hostels, but apart from 1 they didnt have a member's kitchen.. mostly I still could boil my 6 daily eggs.. people do look a bit amazed at that !

It does seem a better idea to keep 1 junkday a week as I tend to succumb now occasionally to carbs... better to stick to Saturday as 'sin'day. I did add a bit of extra carbs to my whey drink where I sip from throughout the cycling day (between 50 and 80 km).

Yesterday I made my weekly measurements but I dont know how much better it is than before... am really curious about that.. but it feels good! I cannot really notice from my clothes because I always wear stretch type pants!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Nov-12-02, 19:32

Plan: adkins
Stats: 182/178/135 Female 5'4 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

Hello. It sounds like you have been enjoying your trip so far. I think its fantastic what you've done so far and you must be in pretty good shape to take on a bike trip like that. I think you said you were travelling with your brother also. That must be a bonding experience for the both of you- family is so important

Good luck and keep up the good work- you will be happy in the end for all your effort.

I have to go now, but I will be happy to hear from you again.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Nov-21-02, 18:16

I weighed myself today when coming back.. it was 72 kg, 8 kg less than when I started on Oct 1.
However, since I borrowed my body fat meter to a friend (who is trying to gain weight without gaining BF) I can't say anything yet about BF. I hope I haven't lost muscle as well!