Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Nov-02-02, 17:53
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 260/254/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 5%
Default HELP!! fell off the wagon and....

I can't get up!!!

ok I was doing GREAT on Atkins til Halloween and I have blown it BIG TIME!! CANDY CANDY CANDY FOR 3 DAYS!!! I can't seem to stop myself. I start over every morning and I blow it by afternoon. I am such a sugar addict, MAJOR chocoholic...so bad we've had dogs named Oreo, Fudge, Brownie and Hershey lol. I think my initials being PMS has something to do with it lol

anyway, I feel so guilty and I feel like I'm battling this alone. my kids think I'm beautiful and perfect the way I am, my fiance doesn't want me to deny myself anything. I need someone to kick my rear in gear. I was strong before, I know I can be again.
help please!
Pam
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Nov-03-02, 19:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/193/140
BF:
Progress: 34%

Boy, do I emphathize with you!! I got a stomach virus this last Tuesday, and went to chicken noodle soup and toast - all I could keep down. Now I've graduated to cereal, cokes, sandwiches, chips and other carby stuff. I have told myself firmly today that I am getting back on Atkins. I love the way I look 25 lbs lighter; I remind myself how much better I feel on Atkins. I also tell myself it's OK to fall off the wagon as long as I dust off and hop right back on. I WILL NOT get caught up in that circle of blame that leads me to overeating just because I did it this once. You can do it too. What ever it takes for you to recapture that feeling you had when you first started low-carbing and lost weight. Remember how great that felt? Life can be that good again. Hang in there. There's no race to lose weight - just slow and steady does it.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Nov-04-02, 07:44
Registered Member

Plan: CAD
Stats: 260/254/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 5%
Default thanks Janisd!

thank you Janis for the advice and pep talk! I realize now this is going to be a daily, more than likely minute by minute struggle with old habits. I was doing really good after I made that post...then last night my mother made spaghetti and meatballs. I was just going to have meatballs and salad. I swear that garlic bread called my name and I of course had to eat it to shut it up! sooo...here I go, starting over again today.

I notice we started at the same weight, how long have you been doing this WOL? Its been 3 weeks for me, 10 lbs lost...but I lost those the first week. I am still losing inches, but now I'm walking 2 miles a day so I'm assuming that is why the scales aren't budging.

good luck and continued success to you!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Nov-04-02, 10:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/193/140
BF:
Progress: 34%

I started back in June this year. Had done Atkins before 2 years ago, but had the wrong mindset - didn't think of it as a WOL, just a diet to get to where I wanted to go with weight loss. No surprise I fell off the wagon and gained all the weight back plus 10 lbs. Finally got motivated again and am not really weighing myself - maybe every month. I ge too discouraged if I don't lose weight quick and have to continually remind myself that this is how I will eat the rest of my life, and I have that long to lose weight. It helps when I get the carb cravings. I plateaued for 6 weeks, (Aug and part of Sept) and found that I was too into the low carb chocolate bars and fruit and had stalled myself. Now, I've eaten too many carbs this week what with that stomach virus (I only like toast and chicken noodle soup when I am sick!). So, here I am on Monday, feeling better and back on Atkins.
Garlic bread does me the same way! I have to leave the kitchen when we have spaghetti.
At least you keep starting over again. Good for you! That take willpower. We can do this. It feels so much better to be more slender.