Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-28-02, 18:23

Plan: No Grain Diet www.mercola
Stats: 181/173/173 Male 72"
BF:18/12/10
Progress: 100%
Default Dextrose Horn Of Plenty

OK, this is some really exciting news about finding Glucose aka Dextrose easily AND cheaply. This product is stocked at home breweries, i guess it's used in making beer. I live in San Diego, Ca....the store I JSUT found out about caus a friend has 2.5lbs bags for $1.90!!!! OMG this is perfect for mixing in POST-WORKOUT drinks, mixing with CREATINE, or if you are CKDing, perfect for carb-up. So here is the information about the store in SD, I know none of you live in Ca ( Canada mostly) but I strongly suggest that you look online or for a local store to get this stuff at incredible prices.

Home Brew Mart
5401 Linda Vista Road, #406
San Diego, CA 92110
619.295.BEER
Email: brewmart~connectnet.com
Web site: www.homebrewmart.com

It is called "Corn Sugar" and is sold in 2.5lb bags for $1.90.

BTW I jsut looked on the internet, and you can orderr it from many places for like 5% for 5lbs....considering if you want 5lbs of creatine with dextrose that is like $40 (just addd your own creatine). K, hope this helps everyone.....

PS I just got some of that 1R,2S Norephedrine + Yohimburn, this stuff is pretty good so far....has anyone tried sniffing it for faster effects? K, thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-28-02, 19:09

Plan: CKD
Stats: 240/175/185
BF:32%/11%/8%
Progress: 118%
Default Maltodextrin

I was doing some research myself. You might get a kick out of this one. I'd be interested in knowing the actual grams/carbs/serving of your brewing product for a dollar/grm/carb breakdown. They also have an L-Carnitine product. This place is for the dogs...

MALTODEXTRIN
Serving size: 1/2 cup
Carbohydrates per 100 grams: 94.5 g
Number of servings in 10 lb: 96

http://www.howlingdogalaska.com/maltodex.html
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Oct-28-02, 20:26

Plan: No Grain Diet www.mercola
Stats: 181/173/173 Male 72"
BF:18/12/10
Progress: 100%
Default Re: Maltodextrin

Ha! I appreciate your humor.

Just from looking off hand, the site you gave is $50 for 10lbs, and through a home-brewery store, this can be had for like under $10. SO it is much cheaper going through something that is not designed for performance enhancement.

But either way this sounds gooooooood to me I am getting mine ASAP....ill just mix it with some protein to calcuate the exact ratios I want for carb-up. DONT THINK IM GIVING UP CANDY NECKLACES FOR A MINUTE THOUGH!!!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Oct-29-02, 02:25

Plan: carb/calorie cycling
Stats: 187/134/128 Female 1,59m
BF:36%/25%/21%
Progress: 90%

I dunno where homebrewing people buy their (malto)dextrin here, but certainly not in the booze store I went to.
However, I stumbled upon maltodextrin in the pharmacy where it was sold as Fantomalt, a diet product for underweight people. I paid ...oops can't find it back. Probably around 5 euro (approx. 5 dollar) for 400 gram. Blimey, that's 12,5 euro/kg.. gotta go to better sources of maltodextrin.

Luckily I decided to change from CKD into TKD, which fits better in a BFL-program. So, I only add the maltodextrin at a rate of about 30 gram to each workout whey shake = 3x30 gram per week.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Nov-08-02, 14:55

Plan: ckd
Stats: 240/240/230
BF:
Progress: 0%

that place is great, and cheap. A lot of homebrew stores charge a lot more for the 2lb bags. The people in there are pretty friendly though they do look at me a bit strange the times I have been in there (the customers in particular)