Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Oct-20-02, 15:36
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Unhappy What fustrates me...

It appears to me that an unorganized person would have such a had time with low carbing. Our fast paced life doesn't offer much quick options on low carb diets. Also not having a blender, food processor, oven, and/or microwave also complicates things.

Positive note: I've learned to cook extremely well this past year.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Oct-20-02, 16:45
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Bernstein's Diabetic Solution, LOTS of exercise !!
Stats: 155/148/135
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default Annoying !!!

Yup I am with most of you. I go buggy when people keep trying to get me to eat what they eat. Like.. Lots of fruit salad is ok, or honey is alright because it is natural, or I hardly put any sugar in these cookies so you can have lots. HAH !!!

Stuff like that makes me nuts! I am diabetic and having a hell of a time and people just will not respect my dietary wishes/requirements.

If you have an allergy to shellfish that will kill you, you sure don't see anyone insisting that they eat it.

The funny looks you get if you ask for a burger minus the bun. You'd think I have two heads with purple spots.

AAAARRRGGGG!!
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Oct-20-02, 23:09

Plan: general low carb eating
Stats: 150/144/125 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 24%

I was annoyed the other day when my children and I went to a pizza buffet with some friends. I only ate the toppings off of the pizza and had a huge salad. One of my two (male) companions made a snide comment about me leaving the crusts. I informed them that I don't eat that way anymore.. One fellow then said,"why don't you just try the "exercise' diet, then you can eat whatever you want." When I informed him that I exercise 5 to 6 times a week and have lost 15 pounds, he didn't have much to say. The other fellow then said "people on a high protein diet don't have any friends because ketosis gives them bad breath." I quickly changed the subject before I said or did something I would regret.
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Oct-24-02, 12:51
Contributing Member

Plan: lowcarb .
Stats: 160/141/127 Female 5'6"
BF:it"s for SALE!
Progress: 58%

I miss popcorn...
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Oct-24-02, 13:08

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 20/08/00 Female 5'10"
BF:not/low/enough
Progress: 60%

I really only am bothered by the misinformed... be it the doctor on tv touting the dangers of this fad to well meaning friends and family who "heard" it was dangerous.

Although, Jan, I have to admit I get sick of hearing "why don't you just exercise." If "just exercise" worked for everyone, we wouldn't be facing the weight problems we are.
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Oct-24-02, 18:03

Plan: LC food combining w/BFL
Stats: 210/178.5/145
BF:
Progress: 48%

I have to weigh in on this one (heh heh)...
*annoyed about all the low carb junk food out there that I can't eat because of sugar alcohols
*annoyed that there are no lc pre-packaged convenience foods like frozen dinners/lunches
*annoyed at my soon-to-be DH who can carb out all the time and excercises A LITTLE BIT and still loses weight
*annoyed because even though I know this is the WOL for me, I still can sabotage myself
*annoyed because of all the crap on the snack market--what the h*ll are blue doritos? Gee, I wonder why obesity is such a problem in America? Want to supersize that meal?
*annoyed because I did not stay on this wol when I did it the first time----I'm losing MUCH slower this time around
*annoyed when people push me into an explanation when I don't eat something--
*annoyed at my own impatience at wanting to lose faster
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Oct-27-02, 09:06
Registered Member

Plan: Combo Low Carb
Stats: 182/155/140
BF:Don't wanna know!
Progress: 64%

I get annoyed when people ask how I've lost weight, and I feel reluctant to say "I'm on Atkins" because I've heard so many ignorant responses, like:

*"eewww that is so unhealthy"
* "Aren't you worried about cholesterol?"
* "I know someone who lost wt. on Atkins and gained it all back + more..."
* the most annoying: when someone just raises their eyebrows and says, "ohhhhhh" or "hmmmmm"
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Oct-27-02, 19:13
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 282/220/166
BF:36.9%/28.6%/23%
Progress: 53%
Default Annoyances

My biggest annoyance is that when you have been eating good quality protein foods for awhile, you don't LIKE fast food anymore. Even if you leave the breads off, the meat they serve tastes like it is full of fat and is low quality meat.

And I don't like to have to cook every night, it isn't always convenient. My husband is always willing to go buy us fast food, but I don't even want to eat from most of those restaurants anymore.

The only "fast" foods I still like are some of the local Mexican restaurants, not the big chains, but the local mom and pop places. Some of them have really GOOD fast food that tastes real, fresh and less like pressed and formed fat and meat. Tastes at least like real meat. Problem is most of them aren't open when I need them for the convenience.

So we wind up with Taco Bell or some other chain, me complaining and my husband not understanding what I can't stand about it.

What else is annoying? I'm addicted to caramel and chocolate "Treasures" and they don't have them in a low carb variety! In fact I don't think they have anything close.
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Oct-27-02, 22:21

Stats: 204/181/145
BF:
Progress: 39%

It annoys me that - I can't have bread, potatoes, and pasta -I have to read the back of EVERYTHING to see if it is legal - i have to cook all the time - i get tired of eating these types of food - when i feel sick i have to go off lcing or else i get really sick - special foods made with out sugar are way expensive - not every place has lc foods i mean really how many burgers do i have to buy to make up to a burger with bread? - i can't have ketchup and no the lcing ones don't taste the same

DANGIT I WANT FRENCH FRIES!!! and yes I will always crave these bad foods even if I LC f or 100 years.
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Oct-28-02, 14:57
empress of fashion

Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Annoying....not being able to hit the vending machine when I am starving.

And a severe lack of mocha-raspberry lattes! (oh the humanity!)
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Oct-28-02, 15:44

Plan: Careful Low Carb Plan
Stats: 335/295/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 26%

I can't believe no one has mentioned this one....the DISHES!!!!

I'm so tired of doing so many dishes. Can't just throw a sandwich together. Most of the time I'm cooking and making more dishes.

Also...the feeling of ruining all my effort when I eat something I shouldn't. Before, when dieting, if I messed up I would just eat less for the rest of the day. But with low carb, I feel like I messed up the whole day if I eat something that goes over the carb amount I think I should be eating. Victoria
  #27   ^
Old Mon, Oct-28-02, 16:33
Registered Member

Plan: Shoogadownsizing!
Stats: 205/145/150 Female 5'4"
BF:F/C/C
Progress: 109%

It irks me that I can't find most of the lowcarb products locally. And it irks me that the ones that I do find are so expensive, like $12 for a canister of the Atkins baking mix when Bisquick is a lot cheaper. It irks me when we are invited somewhere for dinner and they are serving spaghetti and meatballs (breadcrumbs in them) and garlic bread. What I'm supposed to do, just sprinkle parmesean cheese on my plate and eat that?! Maybe I'm just supposed to suck the butter out of the garlic bread. It irks me when I make deviled eggs and my husband eats them. I don't like cleaning the blender when I make carbsolutions shakes. It irks me when I have ketone breath and can't find any sugar free mints at the local convenience store. It irks me that extracts are so expensive and they're always out of whatever flavor I happen to want. It irks me that a lot of the recipes have ingredients that I've never heard of that they don't sell around here anyway. It irks me that the weather is turning cold and I won't be able to cook my meat on the grill much longer, which means I'll be washing pans.
asugar
  #28   ^
Old Mon, Oct-28-02, 17:26

Stats: 278/198/150 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 63%

I'll weigh in here
The only thing that really bugs me is how slow the weight loss is. I guess I am too impatient and have high expectations. Oops maybe those are things I am not too wild about in myself. Nope, I am still annoyed the weight loss is slow and too many stalls with no cheats.
  #29   ^
Old Mon, Oct-28-02, 19:21

Stats: 214/179/125
BF:

What irritates me is grocery shopping. It takes me three times longer because low-carb products do not jump out and grab me and you never know where one may be hiding. I have to read every label! And the selections are miserable in this area. I have to run to the Super Wal-Mart in the next town for the few products that are available, or the Super Target. The local stores, including the health food store, are definitely not into satisfying their low-carb customers. They say there just aren't enough of us to merit carrying those items. I'm preparing my first-ever order to Netrition.com. Can't wait to get it. So that's my rant for the day.
Linda
  #30   ^
Old Mon, Oct-28-02, 21:31

Stats: 204/181/145
BF:

There should be a store with only low carb food and at reasonable prices. And have sections for every low carb diet with things you can have. Yeah I wish!