Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-25-02, 13:43

Plan: Atkins-Restarted
Stats: 140/140/140 Female 5 ' 3 "
BF:
Progress: 29%
Smile De-Lite Chocolate Bars

F.Y.I. for all those who like the De-lite Low Carb chocolate bars... They are on sale at RiteAid this week (if there is one near you that is, and I think their sales are national): 3 bars for $5.00

Seemed like a good deal - wanted to pass on the info.

I know these can be stallers for some people, and I know they have hidden carbs, but I have to admit - when TOM is about to rear his ugly head they can be a true blessing (one a month can't be that bad can it??)......
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Oct-27-02, 01:51
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Hi, there.

Just to clarify your post for other readers of this Forum, Rite-Aid is a pharmacy or drugstore chain in the US (and personally, I think the sales might be determined in individual stores or at least areas... or then again, maybe not).

The bars are also known as "Pure De-Lite".
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Oct-27-02, 07:09

BF:

Judi -

Thanks for picking up those details I missed....
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Oct-27-02, 18:43

Plan: Atkins since sept 22/02
Stats: 205/165/150 Female 5'8
BF:32/28/22
Progress: 73%
Talking Pure Delite

I also like these but at 2.49 a bar CDN (plus tax) at GNC, too much. I like Ross's much better. I order a few boxes which I split with my boss at work. They were delivered to my door in 2 days.
Outstanding and much cheaper that way.

I think Ross's are made in BC. Don't know if they are available in USA.

nancy
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-28-02, 04:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 171/147/125
BF:
Progress: 52%

Ross's are Pure De-Lite, same thing, different label. They are available in a few stores in the Toronto area, and online - usually cheaper than 2.49. I think www.torontodirect.com lists them in US prices now but if you email them they will give you Canadian prices, around $1.50 Can. My problem is if I order a bunch, I eat them too quickly!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Oct-28-02, 09:42

Plan: LC/JUDDD
Stats: 229.2/161.5/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 65%

I just picked up a box of Pure De-lite dark chocolate for 96 cents a bar at Walmart yesterday. I've already duly stowed those babies away in the back of the fridge (after having one last night, of course).
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Oct-31-02, 19:46

Plan: atkins
Stats: 170/149/150
BF:13
Progress: 105%

I just got back from wal-mart, they have the de-lite, and carbolite choclate bars for .94 cents each! i bought a few cases. i dontknow if these are national prices, but you should definitely check out your local wal-mart!
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Nov-01-02, 05:49

BF:

Dolciani and Yossi -

Thanks for the tip about walmart... will have to check that out! Can't beat the price! But I am trying to stay away from the bars... , the hidden carbs tend to leave me wanting more!
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Nov-01-02, 09:57

Default knew it was too good to be true..

last nite i had two bars, supposedly 0 grams of "effective" carbs, and within 45 minutes i felt all the affects of my high carb lifestyle coming back,, the biggest being that i had a restless night of sleep and woke up feelin a total lack of energy,, oh well, i knew these snacks were too good to be true!
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Nov-01-02, 13:20

BF:

Yossi -

You are not alone with how those "low carb" bars make you feel... same here, and my muchies increase 10 fold! Once I start eating a bar I have the hardest time putting it down....and then I want more! But I have found having a touch of chocolate does help when TOM is here..... so guess I'll put them aside for now....
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Nov-03-02, 13:04
Registered Member

Stats: 186.4/137/125
BF:
Progress: 80%

WalMart also has the Atkins Endulge Caramel Nut chew bars for a great price- 97 cents i think. They are usually $1.50 at least. They are great and i haven't noticed any decrease in my rate of weight loss and they don't put me out of ketosis. Just FYI - Kim
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Nov-07-02, 16:43

Stats: 278/198/150 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 63%

If you are in the Northeast US and have a Stop and Shop near you they have buy one get one free on the Carbolite bars this week - That brings the price down to $0.70!!!! I bought a couple of boxes - but I am happy with just a small piece most of the time. Just enough for the taste.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Nov-07-02, 22:51

Default even cheaper

I was just at walmart and they had a major clearance of the de-lite bars, only 40 cents each!! I bought 30 cases, and started selling some on ebay, makin big profits, dont think i could eat all those on my own!