Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, May-11-06, 15:45
Registered Member

Plan: low carb/low fat
Stats: 255/236/155 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:32%/?/20%
Progress: 19%

Quote:
Originally Posted by red2680
Here's my list of "Vanished Symptoms"
Acid Reflux
Sleepless Nights (see acid reflux)
Creaking painful knees
Hip pain (like it was 'out of socket')
Stinging foot pain with each step
Head aches
Self~Hate (big one for me)
No Stamina (work or play)
Speaking of "stamina"... sex seemed like 'too much effort'

What keeps me motivated... FEAR & SATISFACTION...
Fear of going back and finding each item on my list again.
Satisfaction in the changes I have made.

I also have a lot of aches and pains. It varies, sometimes its my feet, sometimes my knees or the back of my knees and sometimes its just all over.
I feel like I am carrying the weight of the world on my body. I also can't sleep at night. I had to quit working a few years ago because I couldn't stay awake during the day. I have sleep apnea but don't want to get a sleep mask if I can alleviate it by losing weight. So health issues are my biggest motivation also.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, May-11-06, 16:08
Kitchen Experimenter

Plan: General LC Maintenance
Stats: 230/160/165 Male 70 inches
BF:way less now
Progress: 108%

The fact that I am a type 2 diabetic and I now maintain a normal blood glucose level and was able to dicontinue taking diabetic medication by just eating LC. God what a bargain!! Oh yea, the 70 lbs I lost was a bonus.
  #18   ^
Old Thu, May-11-06, 17:13
Registered Member

Plan: low carb/low fat
Stats: 255/236/155 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:32%/?/20%
Progress: 19%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinpa
The fact that I am a type 2 diabetic and I now maintain a normal blood glucose level and was able to dicontinue taking diabetic medication by just eating LC. God what a bargain!! Oh yea, the 70 lbs I lost was a bonus.

That's really inspiring. So far I haven't been diagnosed with diabetes, but I have had an unusual glucose tolerance test each time I took it. Dr. says he thinks I am borderline diabetic.
  #19   ^
Old Fri, May-12-06, 06:00

Plan: Ketogenic LCHF
Stats: 240/157/150 Female 5 feet 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 92%

Speaking of sleep apnea:

My husband has been wearing a CPAP mask for 3 years or so for apnea. He has hypertension, was very overweight and was labelled as having "metabolic syndrome" by his doc.

He finally started LC last October/November (I say "finally" because I had been eating this was for over a year before he joined in). Has lost over 50 lbs as of this a.m. Blood pressures are so low that he's going in to see the doc to get off of some of his meds. Falls asleep a few nights a week without remembering to put the machine on, even though he used to be smothering without it. His pulmonologist says if he loses just a few more pounds, he can ditch the CPAP altogether.

But if you need the machine short-term -- especially if you are too sleepy/tired as you are now to be able to exercise -- then you should go ahead and do it. There's no way my husband could've exercised the way he was before he had the CPAP. He was exhausted all the time! Now he runs 40 mins/5 x a week, lifts weights 3 x a week and looks AWESOME!!
  #20   ^
Old Fri, May-12-06, 06:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 218/198/150 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 29%

Wow what a great response Thank you all. Even though Im only third week into it I honestly cant believe the energy that I have. the other day I had to work standing cause I just could not sit lol!. This is my second go at LC and my fear is repeating my first mistake of getting comfy and going back to old habits!

But then I didnt have this forum for support so I am thrilled to be here.