Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-18-02, 11:07

Plan: CAD (Basically)
Stats: 175/154.5/140 Female 5'3"
BF:lot/less/little
Progress: 59%
Question Question for you Ladies

Okay, just for the girls who are lo-carbing and exercising.

I'm rather, ummmm, large in the bust area and need an exercise bra that really works!!!

Any idea of who makes a good one and where I might find it?

This has always been a problem for me while exercising and I'd love to resolve it once and for all.

Thanks,

Jeannie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-18-02, 12:10
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 135/107/107 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 100%

I'm large also and found that Hanes sports bras fit really well. They come in a really generous D cup, have nice wide straps and a wide band around the bottom. I buy the ones for high impact, though they come in a low-impact version, also. They make one that hooks in the back as opposed to pulling over the head (which is a drag for large busts!). On days I do vigorous cardio, I find wearing one cup size smaller than usual really helps hold things in place. Target carries the Hanes in three different colors for $9.99 each.

Hope this helps.

Brenda
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Sep-18-02, 12:42
Registered Member

Plan: lots of meat
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 5 10"
BF:goal: 17%
Progress: 41%

there is a company called title9 sports which makes sports and outdoor clothes exclusively for women. They have some wonderful sports bras for all sizes.

www.titleninesports.com

Meg
ps: I am not associated with them in any way
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Sep-23-02, 13:13
Registered Member

Plan: zone
Stats: 156/148/135
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default Ditto on Title 9

Yes, check out the Title 9 store. I am not connected with them in any way either. I bought the "last resort" bra, I think it is called. Bouncing is gone!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Oct-15-02, 12:54

Stats: 161/141/135
BF:
Progress: 77%

Hi,
Five or six years ago I bought a Champion brand sports bra at a store that just sold dance gear and leotards, etc. It cost something like $20-30, but it is the only one I've ever come across that prevented bouncing. It's very sturdy cotton, but comfortable. I wouldn't recommend any of the cheaper-type sports bras that they sell at department stores for size D. It seems like they're made of the bounciest, stretchiest material possible --isn't that what we're trying to prevent? If Champion still makes a sports bra, I'd buy that.
-Joan
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Oct-16-02, 08:14

Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

Junonia also has great sports bras for larger women. They can be found at Junonia.com and will send you a catalogue. I find the stuff a little pricey, but they have great sales. Cindi
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Oct-25-02, 10:59

Plan: Atkins-->PP
Stats: 250/211.0/170 Female 5'5"
BF: size 26/22/12
Progress: 49%

I also am size D and have trouble with the bounce!! I do step aroebics and have tried both champion and hanes brands. They both are great. My champion one has worn out faster than the other though so I would recomend going cheaper and buy hanes.

my 2cents for you.
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Oct-25-02, 16:12

Plan: Low Carb - Real Foods
Stats: 177/168.5/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Ah, I feel your pain.

I just bought a new sports bra on Wednesday. With D's cost isn't really an issue.

I bought the champion sports bra from the running room. It was about $50 but well worth it. It's the kind that does up in the back and is also made of the stuff that wisks the sweat away so you don't get that nasty chaffing as much.

I swear, nothing could move in that thing! It's like a chastity belt for your boobs.

Linnea
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Oct-26-02, 15:30

Plan: Atkins for now.
Stats: 135/?/115? Female Short. 5"3
BF:Don't wanna know.
Progress: 15%

Eck. I have the same problem. I've been doubling up by using a bra and a Nike Sports Bra.... Its ok.... But from my experience with sportbras, they either hold em in by suffocating you and not letting you breathe... or you can breath, but they bounce too much

God I can't wait to get rid of these things
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Oct-26-02, 16:22

Plan: South Beach Mostly
Stats: 200/191/140 Female 67 inches
BF:

I got a sports bra over a year ago from Enell at www.enell.com ...and it is fantastic! I'm a size DD so I need really good support jumping around and doing cardio. It fastens up the front kind of like a corset and it holds you really close to your chest, so there's definitely no bouncing. I've had it over a year and it hasn't stretched or broken in any way. Definitely the best I've ever had.
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Oct-27-02, 22:52

Plan: Atkins for now.
Stats: 135/?/115? Female Short. 5"3
BF:Don't wanna know.

Quote:
Originally posted by Titania28
I got a sports bra over a year ago from Enell at www.enell.com ...and it is fantastic! I'm a size DD so I need really good support jumping around and doing cardio. It fastens up the front kind of like a corset and it holds you really close to your chest, so there's definitely no bouncing. I've had it over a year and it hasn't stretched or broken in any way. Definitely the best I've ever had.

Just wondering cause I'ma dd also and do LOTS of cardio... Does it let ya breath easily?
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Oct-28-02, 19:25

Plan: South Beach Mostly
Stats: 200/191/140 Female 67 inches
BF:

I breathe pretty well in it, course I think it took some time getting used to considering I had never had a sports bra before that held me in so good.

I'm sure everyone is different on how much pressure they can take...