Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Oct-18-02, 18:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 246/198/180
BF:?/35.2/31
Progress: 73%
Talking Hi! I'm Steph... and I'm a chataholic!

My name is Steph, and I am 26 years old. I am about 5'9 or 5'10... I've never been really sure. I moved from California to Florida 3 years and 48 lbs ago! I came here with my boyfriend, Mike. We've been together 4 years now and he is doing Atkins with me.

At first I assumed the weight gain was due to moving 3500 miles away from my family and friends, not having a job, and just the overall "stress" of the move. But every year... I gained a little more. I can actually account for it all! The first 20 lbs was when I worked at Papa Johns pizza! The next 15 was when my boyfriend's son came to spend summer of 2001 with us... 5 lbs when my Grandma in California had a stroke in March 2002... and the last bit when my boyfriend's son came to stay with us this Summer, 2002.

How can I blame my weight gain on a child?? Um, its easy. OK, of course its not his fault. I just spend so much energy trying to keep him comfortable and happy- that I forget what I am doing with myself.

So- that brings us to today. I can't remember what prompted me to do something about the weight gain... but both Mike and I decided to Low Carb and basically... go forth and prosper. And so we have... and here we are.

As of today, its been Its been 7 weeks, 4 days, 11 hours, 51 minutes since I started low-carbing! Yes, I'm counting. I'm happy to report 21 lbs gone. That's about 2.9 lbs a week on average. I'm not dropping the weight as quickly as some... but really. Compared to gaining... I'll take it. 2.9 lbs a week seems like a LOT to me... and I AM THRILLED.

So... I suppose you should know that I am a rambler. I am a rambling low carber... and I can gab with the best of them!!

It's nice to finally meet you!!

-Steph
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Oct-18-02, 19:10

Question

Ok, who can tell me what the little microsoft guy is over there...
<-----------------------

actually... its more like...

here
<------------------------

he's got green lines and it says 28%.

hmmm? Whats he doing, eh?
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Oct-18-02, 19:44
Vorsicht! heiß

Plan: SureSlim Wellness Clinic
Stats: 225.6/188.8/160 Female 5'8
BF:34%/24%/24%
Progress: 56%
Default Hi Steph

I am new here as well and just 4 weeks into low-carbing. Congrats on the 21 lbs! I managed to lose 12 lbs so far on Atkins
This little guy under the green line is showing you your progress rate towards your goal. You already battled 28 %...good stuff!!

Nice meeting you

Mischa
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Oct-18-02, 19:56

I just wanted to let anyone know that I started a journal in the Low Carb Bootcamp area (H-J).

http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...&threadid=66566

So please, if you would like to chat... feel free to come by there. I will still check this one- but I will primarily be posting my progress and adventures in low-carb eating, there.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Oct-18-02, 19:58

Mischa! My FIRST VISITOR!! Hi!!

I'm going to stop by your introduction journal... and see whats new with you!

-Steph
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Oct-19-02, 05:32

Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

Hi Steph!

Wanted to be sure and welcome you to the forum. I am a newbie to Florida. I moved here from Colorado about a year and a half ago and have put on 60 pounds! Yeah I think the stress of leaving my friends and family, along with the exciting employment opportunities here (haha) definitely contributed. Glad to get to know ya! Cindi
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Oct-19-02, 17:43

Stats: 190/182.4/135
BF:
Progress: 14%
Smile Thanks for the welcome

Hi Steph,

I appreciate your welcome. I'm reallly enjoying this diet so far, easy to cook, and I'm not hungry. I found with low-fat cooking I had to put so much energy into making things taste good, that I usually ending up eating a pre-pakaged meal. Not only that, I was starving even after I ate it.

I'm a bone head when it comes to these bulliten boards Well, I guess it could be because it's my first time doing it.

I just want to say keep up the good work

Julz
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Oct-20-02, 12:12

Hi Cindi and Julz!!

I am so glad you stopped in to welcome me. I like this journal/message board alot. In fact, I actually chat at a place calledOur Ultimate Home (not lc) and they use the same message boards as here, so I am starting to feel right at home!

((but I will say that THIS ONE is much better, the other one restricts your pictures, and doesn't have those message icons when you make a new post!))

-Steph