Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Oct-13-02, 03:31

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 296/256/140
BF:
Progress: 26%
Talking Really gonna do it this time!!!!

Hello all, my name is Kristi, I'm 25 years old and I have been married for six years. When I got married I weighed 220 pounds but I still felt good and felt pretty in the mirror, however; in the past 6 years, I've gotten clear up to 296 and I'm only 5 foot 3. It's kinda hard for me to lose weight because my husband tells me I'm "beautiful" no matter how big I get and he hates it when I call myself "fat". Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, I know how lucky I am to have such a wonderful hubby, it's just that in a nut shell, I kinda use him as my excuse for being fat, by telling myself if my hubby likes me just the way I am and he tells me how cute and beautiful I am, I should be satisfied, but I'M NOT!! I feel like a skinny person trapped in a fat person's body, considering I was always thin until I was taken off of Ritalin after being on it for 11 years. Well, I decided with hubby's support to try to lose my weight by trying the Atkin's Diet, so I started in January, lost 40 pounds in 3 months then cheated one time and wrecked my diet because I started craving the carbs all over again. I decided 2 weeks ago to muster up the courage to start again and I've lost 10 pounds so far and I refuse to fail this time. I'm trying to stay away from the scales, as they discourage me if they don't show a significant loss, especially if I've only lost like 1 pound in 3-4 days. I know I didn't gain it overnight, but patience never was one of my better virtues, LOL! Thank you so much for listening to me ramble and I'm sooo glad I found this board, I'm always here for anybody that might need moral support, much love to you all ~*~*KRISTI*~*~
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Oct-13-02, 04:03

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

Dear Kristi,

Welcome back to this way of eating. I hope this time you manage to find the commitment you need. You may also need patience as it looks from your target that you are in for the long hall. It’s easier to lose weight the first time round on this diet so it probably won’t be so fast this time. There are many wonderful people on this board who will give you all the help and support you need.

It is wonderful that you have such a devoted and adoring husband. I’m sure he’ll be a great source of strength to you.

If you fall off the wagon again, just dust yourself off, fight the cravings and carry straight on.

The best of luck

Robert.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Oct-13-02, 21:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 300/217/150
BF:
Progress: 55%

Congrats on coming back to this way of eating. It's wonderful that your husband is so supportive and loving. I'm sure that as those pounds start to fall off (and they will!!!) he'll be a huge help to keep you motivated!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Oct-13-02, 23:43

BF:

Thank you all for the kind supportive words, I started my diet again 2 weeks ago and I was 272 pounds, today I weighed myself and I'm down to 261, woohoo! I'm so excited about finding this board, it's so nice to get un-biased opinions from people going through the same things I am. Love to all~Kristi
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-14-02, 01:50

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

Dear Kristi,

Wow! That's quite a loss! Well done.

Keep it up!

All the best from Belarus,

Robert
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Oct-14-02, 14:41

BF:

Thank you very much, that means alot to me, I kinda feed off of encouragement, it keeps me going. Thanks again! ~Kristi
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Oct-14-02, 23:08

Stats: 300/217/150
BF:
Progress: 55%

You are doing great!!! It gets easier the longer you go, also, so you have that to look forward to!
Congrats!
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Oct-15-02, 08:29
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 150/124/125 Female 5"
BF:
Progress: 104%
Smile Determined!!!

Congrats to you.. I am also determined to stick with it this time around.. I have a contest going with my neighbor at work.. she also started today. Good luck and eat clean!!!
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Oct-16-02, 09:58

Plan: Atkins to CALP to general LC + BFL
Stats: 188/174/150
BF:
Progress: 37%

Way to go, Kristi!

This is such a terrific forum--whenever I need a question answered or just some good ole' support, I can always find it here.

Keep your chin up and let us know how you're doing!
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Oct-16-02, 10:44

BF:

If you guys were any sweeter, my teeth would hurt, LOL! Thanks for all the support!
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Oct-16-02, 23:50

Stats: 141/135/110
BF:
Progress: 19%

Well done Kristi!
Actually today after reading your post I got so much inspired by you, that I have determined to start with my Atkin's Induction again, I would like to challenge you that i'll show you that i can drop atleast 10 lbs in the coming 2 weeks.
So here it goes...
i'll keep u updated & very excited now that I'll definitely make it this time.
I hope u are ready to accept my challenge, it would motivate me further.
Thanks,
Vini
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Oct-17-02, 09:18

BF:

Well, I can honestly say that was one of the nicest things I've heard in a long time and I am completely flattered at being able to inspire somebody. My willpower is already being tested as I haven't lost anything in a few days but there are plenty of things that could be attributed to that, like losing inches instead of pounds, etc. But I will not be defeated this time, LOL! Good luck , I know you can do it! I'm here if you need a boost of confidence!
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Oct-19-02, 03:10

Stats: 141/135/110
BF:
Progress: 19%

thanks Kristi,
I shall always come to u if i have any question or support needed.
since I'm vegetarian (eggs not allowed), i find difficult to stick to it. but i'm trying with veggies, curd, sunflower seeds etc. to start with.
If you have any suggestions , u r most welcome.
Thanks
Vini
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Oct-19-02, 20:44
Vorsicht! heiß

Plan: SureSlim Wellness Clinic
Stats: 225.6/188.8/160 Female 5'8
BF:34%/24%/24%
Progress: 56%
Default Hi Kristi

You did great so far! Congrats

I am with you, this time I will get to goal and most of all, stay there. (Remind me down the road if I have a bad day, hehehe)

take care

Mischa