Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Dec-07-05, 11:06
Bikini Bound!!!

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/219.5/150 Female 5'6 1/4"
BF:
Progress: 23%
Talking Valentine Vixen Challenge!!!

OK Our "Who can lose the most by Oct. 1" Challenge had a lot of support! So now it is time to begin a new challenge!

We can all be Vixens by Valentines Day! Come on ladies and gentlemen...join this group for fun, support, and encouraging friends!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Dec-07-05, 11:32

Stats: 245/160/135 Female 5'5''
BF:?
Progress: 77%

I am with ya 100% Lisa!!
Hopefully I can be a Vixen one day!! With all of the exercising I do I should be there already--I know- I know -I can't rush it! Tho I will be happy with my body someday! and maybe I will feel comfortable in one of those slinky nighties I can now buy at Victorias Sercret for Valentines!! (so thrilled I can actually shop in there for myself now!)
I weighed in a 166.5 yesterday so I am right there with you!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Dec-07-05, 12:54

Plan: trying to figure it out
Stats: 214/201.4/160 Female 5'6
BF:

Hey Lisa, thanks for the PM! Glad you opened our new challenge. Sitting here and haven't been able to get out of the house due to the snow. How are we doing it? Weekly check in?
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Dec-07-05, 23:11
I will try...until.

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 288.5/207.5/110 Female 61'
BF:52/52/20
Progress: 45%

I soooo failed at the Oct 1st challenge. Hopefully I can accomplish something this time. Count me in. Will weigh myself within the next few days!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Dec-08-05, 09:16
Bikini Bound!!!

BF:

Yeah our little group is all coming together again. It began snowing here in the early morning hours today, so my girls are home with me today. The Christmas program and basketball tournament that were scheduled for tonight are both cancelled! Yeah I don't have to go anywhere!!! I can stay in and stay warm!!!

I weighed in this morning and was at 164.5! I have only been here 1 time before...Thanksgiving morning!

How about doing Tue. Morning weigh ins? That way if you cheat on the weekend....you have Monday to recover??? LOL

I will start our list, with my weight yesterday:

fritzz30- 165
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Dec-08-05, 09:22

BF:

fritzz30- 165
miezimau- 178.2

sounds good to me
We have a 2 hour late start this morning for the schools, DS was supposed to have a Dentist appointment today which got canceled (they closed the office). I am thinking about keeping the kids home from school today since they said 2 hour delay and they would get out early today anyway (2 pm instead of 3:15 pm) The little one really wants to go to school and it would total to 3 1/2 hours of school today if I send them.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Dec-08-05, 09:31
Bikini Bound!!!

BF:

OHHHH I think I would just keep them home! LOL We never do the late start thing here...it is either cancelled, or not cancelled! LOL

Glad you got my message and came over to this challenge. Hopefully by Feb 14, 2006 I will finally be at my goal! My 1 year mark on Atkins is Jan. 4. I still have 14.5 lbs to go to hit my "goal". I am sure I want to lose probably another 20...but I just want to make it to my original goal right now. On Jan. 4, 2005 when I started I thought 85.5 lbs was an insurmountable goal....now I am only 14.5lbs from that!!! WOO HOO....I feel so much better!

Here is a little secret though....I really want a hot chocolate...with a candy cane in it!!! and Christmas COOKIES!!!!!!! LOL

But I am so close...I am scared of blowing it!!! LOL

OK Enough from me,
Lisa
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Dec-09-05, 11:13

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 207.2/162.6/137.0 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 64%

Hi guys! I soooo have been doing awful, I keep falling off that wagon and can't seem to get myself to stay on it long enough to see some results.
I soooo wanna be a vixen for valentine's day!
Hopefully I can make it happen for once
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Dec-09-05, 13:55
Bikini Bound!!!

BF:

Hey SEESAH!!! Nice to see you again!!! Love your avatar pic!!!

I am so glad you joined up with this group. Welcome!!

Well, I have had a flu bug off and on all week. One good thing, I hit 164 this morning! That is my lowest yet. I have not been eating right though! I keep nibbling on first one thing and then another. Like today...the only thing I have eaten is a couple of iced homemade gingerbread cookies...I didn't make them, my daughter did. Then I had some tortilla chips and salsa. I am determined to be good the rest of the day!!!

Well I am off to post some stuff on Ebay...I need X-mas money!!!

Lisa
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Dec-11-05, 23:50

Plan: sugar bad, gluten worse
Stats: 230/191/160 Female 65 inches
BF:too/too/much
Progress: 56%
Smile

hi! me too!
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Dec-12-05, 06:33

Plan: low-carb
Stats: 198/172/140 Female 5'9''
BF:
Progress: 45%

I'm joining you ladies. I have fallen off the wagon so many times i'm sick of it. I have got to lose this weight this time....
I need some encouragment and a good kick in the butt.
My husband and children are going to do this with me even though they dont need to.

We are turning part of our garage into a workout station as of today. I'm pumped and ready to get started.

My name is April , i'm almost 200 and i'm a lazy lazy person. Things are changing today ...i'm living for the rest of my life.
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Dec-12-05, 08:20

BF:

Welcome April!
Glad to have you here. When we first bought our house (about 2 months ago) we planned on making part of the garage a workout station. We didn't take into consideration the size of our Pop up Camper. (it takes over more than half of the 2 car garage) and with all the tools and other things and 1 of the cars in there, we don't have any room. Wr are Military and luckly I am able to go to the gym on Base for free. I started a new program that was assigned to me by a Free Personal Trainer and I am really psyched about it. I was supposed to start over a week ago, went 1 time and then it started to snow so bad that DH told me not to drive there. Today will be my fisrt day back. I do have some workout videos like the Firm and walk away the pounds, but I will try to go my required 5 days this week.
Good luck everyone with tomorrows weigh in
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Dec-12-05, 20:17
Bikini Bound!!!

BF:

Yeah!!! Our group is growing!!! Welcome to ya'll!!! I am Lisa, and I am fighting to make it to my goal! I am stuck 14.5 lbs away...and seem to just waiver 2-3 lbs every week! I know...I need to exercise....ICKKKKK! I hate exercising!

How long has everyone here been low carbing it? My year mark is on Jan. 4th. I had really hoped to be at my goal by then....don't see it happening! LOL

I will check in with my weekly weight tomorrow...Tuesday is measurement day! I did wear a black leather mini skirt tonight to my youngest daughters Christmas program, I haven't been in it for 2 1/2 years, and it would turn all the way around on me! LOL I was so excited!!!

Talk at ya again tomorrow!
Lisa
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Dec-13-05, 07:20
Registered Member

Stats: 318/212/155 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 65%

Hello

Room for one more? Are you posting just once a week, or everyday?

Id love to be a vixen by valentines day. I want more than anything to be 30-40lbs lighter by then. I'll keep my fingers crossed and my mouth closed I just might get close to those numbers.

Im at 220 as of yesterday morning. Holding an intense amount of water that I cant seem to flush out at the moment. I have about 2 more weeks to put up with it.

Im looking forward to getting to know you.
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Dec-13-05, 07:34

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 275/235/175 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Room for one more

Add me to the list too. I am 265 this morning and can't wait to be a vixen come Valentine's Day. I had a bad weekend but I am back on track and trying to stay there. Do any of you take vitamins and if so what do you take? And what would you advise me to take? I know I need to take vitamins but besides a multi-vitamin I'm not sure what else I need. I'm not getting any younger and I want to be around for a long time so I need to take care of this body of mines. Oh and I needed to know if we are weighing in every Tuesday morning.