Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#136   ^
Old Wed, Nov-23-05, 07:34

Plan: low carb
Stats: 215/206/150 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 14%

Sweets~~ you are doing SO AWSOME!!!!
My thoughts will be with you today with everything you got going on! wow! brain anyerism...thats heavy!! I just know everything will go perfectly and she will be better than ever!!! I plan to stop by your journal and catch up with ya here in the next couple days!! good luck on your test today also!!! Keep your chin up...you are doing great!!! 17 days...wow!!! I have NEVER made it that long!!! I think the longest I have made it is around 12 days!!! but I will never give up no matter how many times I fall!!!! Thank you for the support and encouragement...I REALLY need it right now!!!!

Skylee~~ My eating has still been bad also....not as bad.....but still bad!!!! I am like you and I am ready to take back control!!! this is one thing that we CAN controll!!! will this be your first time at curves? that's great!!! I did a "Firm" tape yesterday (well I only got through 1/2 of it )and my booty is too sore from all those squats!!! Last weekend with MORE drama from my kids dad...it was CRAZY!!! Found out he has been sleeping with a 23 year old girl!! He dont Love her..he is just using her but still...it cut like a knife to hear that!!! so ..now..this week...I am just really broken hearted from all this!!! plus on top of that...I got major PMS!!! I WILL SURVIVE!!!! thanks again for being there with words of encouragement!! I truley appreciate you guys!!!!

I will turn this negative energy into focus!!!!

till next time guys!!!
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Thu, Nov-24-05, 09:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 268/235/140 Female 5'4"
BF:too/dang/much
Progress: 26%

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! Sorry I haven't posted in a cpl weeks, maybe more. I'm doing good...made my first goal of ten pounds..and setting another 10 lb challenge. I read that your all doing so well, I'm really happy for ya'll. I've been on track all week since Sunday, although I have to admit there are days (mostly single days) that I'm not eating right. But get right up and start over. Well I hope you all have a wonderful day and I'll keep in touch to see how your all doing, hope to be more encouragement than I have not been lately!! Keep your head up Lynn...this too shall pass, that's what I keep saying to myself as well. Rock and Roll ladies!!

Donna
  #138   ^
Old Thu, Nov-24-05, 13:49

BF:

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  #139   ^
Old Fri, Nov-25-05, 05:00

Stats: 220/205/140 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 19%
Smile Hanging in there

Well it has been a tough week for me and I am glad it is just about over. Kids don't have school today and one more day of work and then it is the weekend. I can't wait.

My sister made it through the surgery and they have already sent her home. The wonders of modern medicine! We are keeping our fingers crossed for the best. And through all of this I did not cheat at all. May have had one or two days of higher good carbs but otherwise...no complaints.

Have a great day ladies.
  #140   ^
Old Fri, Nov-25-05, 07:15

BF:

sweets~~~ I am glad to hear everything went well with your sis! WOW..I cant believe she is ALREADY home!!! you are right....the wonders of modern medicince!!! I TRULY admire your focus....YOUR A CHAMP!!!! You are definitly keeping your eyezz on the prize!!! You have set a goal,and you are letting NOTHING stop you!!! I really admire that!!! you go girl!!!

well ladies...till next time!!!

oh yeah....Skylee~~ how did curves go? Sounds like fun!!
  #141   ^
Old Sat, Nov-26-05, 12:37

Stats: 306/250/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:

Have REstarted induction today...hopefully y'all can keep me on track! It's SO hard for me the first three days or so. I'm so hungry already! I believe I hear a piece of chicken calling my name!

hgrace

Last edited by hgrace : Sat, Nov-26-05 at 12:39. Reason: Link didn't work
  #142   ^
Old Sat, Nov-26-05, 13:22

BF:

HGRACE~~ welcome!!! hey...if you hear the chicken callin....eat away!!! no breading of course!! the first week on INduction is hard for me also!!! YOU can do it!!! I have fallen off ssooooo many times!!! as long as we get back up and dont give up...we will eventually stay on track!!!! good luck to you and hope to see ya back around!!!
  #143   ^
Old Sun, Nov-27-05, 04:33

Plan: atkins
Stats: 221/206.5/190 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 47%

Sweets, glad to hear your sister's surgery went well and she is home already.

Browniz, hope you are doing well girl and things are looking a little brighter for you.

Greeniz, congrats on losing those 10lbs. Sounds like you're doing wonderful!! Keep going.

hgrace, welcome and good luck!!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Not much here, came down with the flu. It's still trying to hang on, but feeling much better!! On a good note, I didn't cheat!! Actually the food looked gross to me, not even tempted. This is how I knew I was really sick!!

Well gonna go crawl back in bed, the same place I spent the last few days!!

Until later ladies, take care.

Jenny
  #144   ^
Old Mon, Nov-28-05, 08:32

Stats: 306/250/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress:

Okay...here it is Monday morning. I checked the ketones this a.m. and have made it to "trace." Yay! I'm still feeling hungry, but hopefully by tomorrow that will be gone. Next Monday a.m. I'm going to weigh in...will let y'all know how I've done! Have a great week everybody!
  #145   ^
Old Tue, Nov-29-05, 04:56

BF:

Day 23 and still cheat free. Busy week ahead of me but that is nothing new. I hope everyone is doing well. Hang in there ladies.
  #146   ^
Old Tue, Nov-29-05, 07:54

BF:

Congrats to you Sweets!! 23 days cheat free That is awesome, you keep going girl!!

As far as Curve's it went good. I have been going since June and really enjoy it. I get weighed and measured there once a month. The measuring has really helped me since the scale is not always so kind. I was up 3 pounds this month, but I was down 3 inches!! In total I have lost 43 inches, and 10% body fat. Now to keep going!!

Jenny
  #147   ^
Old Wed, Nov-30-05, 05:08

BF:
Smile Day 24

Still managing to stay cheat free. It hasn't been easy. My main problem is getting in enough water and then finding time/motivation to do some exercises. That is the most difficult part for me right now.

Yesterday was tough as well since it would have been the b-day of my sister who passed away at the beginning of Oct

It has been an emotional roller coaster this past year and I hope that I am able to stick with this during any other hard times as I know I am an emotional eater.

Have a wonderful day ladies.
  #148   ^
Old Thu, Dec-01-05, 11:54

BF:

you are guys are just doing AWSOME!!!! I havent lost in a long time...but I havent gained either!!! The stress is FINALLY starting to wind down over here so now I can get my focus back to where it needs to be!!!

dont give up ladies!!!!!
  #149   ^
Old Fri, Dec-02-05, 08:01

BF:

Sweets, you are doing fantastic. I hope you keep up the strength to make it through the tough times, I'm with you and am a very emotional eater.

I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your sister. Her b-day must of been a really rough time. I know I lost my mom seven years ago, and her b-day is always the toughest day for me to get through still. Wishing you the best.

Browniz, glad to see you back. Nice to see the stress is calming down a little. Keep you chin up girl, better times are ahead. You always have those beautiful girls looking up to you, even when times are rough. I know your gonna succeed!!

Things are ok here, finally made it through 2 cheat free days. My weight is back to its lowest 161, now just keeping my thought on the 150's. Hope I can keep my head straight, I really want to see those numbers. Been keeping up with my excersise, which is a plus. Yesterday was 20 min. of cardio, and a hour of weight training.

Hope everyone has a great day, off to work for me.

Jenny
  #150   ^
Old Sat, Dec-03-05, 06:29

BF:

Skylee~~ you are SSOOO close to the 50's girl!!!!! wow!!! that must feel amazing!!! you go!!! good job getting back on track!!! It's my turn to follow you!! I went to the grocery yesterday...so..TODAY...I am getting back on track!!!!
thanks for your encouraging words!!! you are just awsome!!!!

tilll later ladies...