Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Aug-03-02, 22:51

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 234/245/145 Female 5'7"
BF:99%I'm pretty sure
Progress: -12%
Default Calgary info wanted

Hello neighbors to our north! I'm not too far, Idaho.

I am thinking of planning a trip to Calgary soon (before Winter!) and I'd love to hear of some places that have a good selection of LC treats that we just don't get yet down here, like soda sweetened with Splenda and such.

Anyone that can pass along some info then I'd love to hear. I think Vancouver is just the same distance, so if you think that is better, then I'd love to hear the details. I just thought it would be more fun to go to Calgary since I haven't been there before.

Thanks,
Carianne
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-25-02, 21:03
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins; Drs. Eades; varied
Stats: 120/113/115
BF:
Progress: 140%
Default Calgary here

Well, there is a little health food store on Macleod Trail in the mall with London Drugs, just off Heritage Drive, and it has just begun to carry some Atkins products like Milkshake products, bars and Davinci syrups. That's the best they have done so far.

Community Health Foods also carry some Atkins products and this too has been very recent.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Sep-26-02, 14:02

Default Thanks

Thanks for the reply Yan!

Since I have gotten futher into the LC WOL I have found many more products here. They just seem to hide them. But Walmart is stocking many more products too and I found a soda sweetened with Splenda too! It really helps to make me feel normal on those occasions when everyone else is indulging.

Carianne
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Sep-26-02, 14:53
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Atkins; Drs. Eades; varied
Stats: 120/113/115
BF:
Progress: 140%
Default Low Carb products in Calgary

Carianne:
Hmmm... I would love to find a soda sweetened with Splenda, but so far I have not. I wouldn't normally bother, but after all, I do have a teenager (14) who occasionally would like one. He does without with the exception of Chrystal Lite. We have a product called Mr. Freeze made by Hershey Canada Inc. out of Missisauga, Ontario that produces a Freeze Pop and it is sweetened with Splenda (25 mg) per freeze pop; 6 calories, 0 g protein; 0 g protein; l.4 g carbohydrates; 0 g sugar; 1.3 g sorbitol; 20 mg sodium and 0 g potassium. Aside from making our home made ice cream and cheesecake, both of which have limited carbs (from our recipes - about 8 g carbs per piece) and he doesn't have them often, strawberries and/or blueberries mixed in with a cup of Chrystal Lite and a cup of ice cubes and a scoop of whey protein, this is the extent of my son's sweet intake.

Do you have the name of the soda sweetened with Splenda?
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Sep-26-02, 21:26

Default cola w/ Splenda...

Yan,

That cola w/ Splenda is called Diet Rite Cola and here is the consumer number on it maybe you can call and see if it's distributed in your area 1-800-696-5891 ( I hope you can call that from Canada??). I love that soda. It tastes remarkably like Pepsi to me.

Someone told me the Atkins to try the Atkins brownies so I just bought a box. I'll let you know what I think. The Atkins Blueberry muffin mix is awesome! The first bready/cakelike LC treat I've had! I found some 0 carb jelly beans that were good by Carb-O-Lite brand. I really wonder though, do they have ZERO carbs? One small pack lasted me a month. I'd only eat about 3 or 5 beans at a time, they were so flavorpacked.

I guess I won't need to make a trip to Calgary for goodies. Maybe you need some from down here! Good luck!
Carianne
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Nov-10-02, 13:16

Plan: T-Dawg
Stats: 265/155/145
BF:
Progress: 92%

Yan, are you talking about Brentwood Mall?