Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Sep-24-02, 19:30

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 182/162.5/125 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 34%
Default LC Pancake Mix

Has anyone tried the Keto or Atkins Pancake mixes? Are they good? Is the Keto suitable for induction? How many net carbs do they have. I've been dying to have pancakes but don't want to waste my money. Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-25-02, 18:27

Stats: 223/163/145 Female 5'5"
BF:?/25%/23%
Progress: 77%
Wink Keto Pancakes

I thought they were good. Don't expect real pancakes. I added vanilla and cream. I want to try flax o meal pancakes the next time.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Sep-25-02, 18:54

Stats: 182/162.5/125 Female 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 34%

cheez whiz,

Which kind did you try?
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Sep-26-02, 19:26
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Chilidog, you might want to try either SEARCHing this forum for "pancake" and "mix" (there's a SEARCH button on the upper right of your screen) to see all the comments received so far ANY pancake mixes and/or try the Reviews conversational threads that are 'stuck' at the top of this forum. You can even pagedown this forum's main page, and at the bottom, you can see other pages of posts (they're in date order, eh?) or sort them by the subject line or whatever.

There are several thousand people at this sitenow , so the chances are that quite a few people have been talking about this things already.

Hope this helps.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Sep-30-02, 18:13

I tried Keto Original just OK>
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Feb-27-03, 14:36

Stats: 193/188/132
BF:42%
Progress: 8%
Thumbs up Low Carb Pancake Mixes, Syrups & Other Low Carb Products

I am presently not happy with the pancake/waffle mix I purchased from Flax-O-Meal. It has to taste and is very bland. On top of that I purchased the D'Vanici Syrup and it is too thin and ...YUK!

Can anyone recommend a decent waffle/pancake mix and syrup that has some substance to it.

Also, I made the new Atkins Brownie Mix and it was delicious.

For that matter can we start a new thread Product Reviews giving it x amount of thumbs up (5 being the best) or thumbs down so other lowcarbers can guage from our reviews if the product is truly worth buying.

Thanks for all of your support.

Also, please write the big companies and express your need for them to get some lowcarb products on our supermarket shelves.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Feb-27-03, 15:41
The evolution of me

Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Hi... all the SF syrups are thin.

My favorite pancake type meal is an Atkins recipe:

Take 3 eggs, 3 TBS atkins bake mix, 1/4 tsp salt in a medium bowl and wisk until smooth, then add 1/3 cup of heavy cream till smooth then let stand for 5 minutes

Press ricotta cheese through a fine sieve (I didn't) into a small bowl and add 2 TBS SF apricot jam and 1 packet of sweetner (used 3/4 packet) and mix.

Melt 1 TBS butter in nonstick skillet over medium heat and pour 2 TBS batter and tilt skillet to coat bottom - cook until golden on bottom - turn over and coodk for 1 minute more

Transfer to a plate and repeat with remaining batter

Spread pancakes w/ ricotta mixture and roll up and serve (I only used half the filling and make more pancakes later in the week)
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Mar-03-03, 20:36

Default Thanks for the recipe

Thanks for answering the post, I was so desperately looking for a syrup that was thicker and you answered my question immediately.

You have done a fantastic job in your weight loss and I hope that I can be as grounded as you and have the patience you had.

Great job...keep up the good work and I look forward to learning more from you and others in my journey to lose weight.

Quote:
It doesn't matter how slowly you go...as long as you don't stop --Confucious
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Mar-05-03, 23:08

Stats: 215/180/160
BF:
Progress: 64%

I have tried several of the syrups and like the Walden's Farms best. A bit thin like all of them, but thicker than others and nice flavor. Really good when you baste a ham with it.

As for pancake mixes, I have only tried the Atkins stuff so far. It is ok, but there is an off taste to it. Fluffs up like the real deal though.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Mar-07-03, 15:28

Post AlaskaBoy

Good looking out!
Quote:
There are no shortcuts to any place worth going -- Beverly Sills
Thank you for answering my post.

I will look into Walden. You are right...you have to acquire a taste for these things. I find it tastes better when you lay off of sweetners for 7 days, everything taste's good then.
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Mar-09-03, 13:00

Default flax o meal waffles mix has sugars?

Just looked on the the back of the flax o meal waffle mix and it states 1 g of sugars. I thought this stuff was great, but now I have second thoughts.
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Mar-09-03, 15:07

Default To Cheez Whiz

It won't hurt you, it does not elevate your insulin.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Mar-13-03, 00:37
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 307/168/155
BF:
Progress: 91%

You might try either CarbSense buttermilk pancakes or one we use when we do support group breakfasts where I work and that is Ketogenics which makes a pretty fine pancake and syrup as well. We sell alot of the Low Carb Success (flaxomeal) as well but all of them are flavored that we sell (they make a totally kick butt granola though, low carb success does). My customers tell me that Atkins pancake/waffle mix doesn't rise up very much and they're not real happy with the product. Just some feedback from the hundreds of customers I see all the time.

Kindest Regards,

LoneInAz

#14   ^
Old Sat, Mar-29-03, 06:33

Stats: 146/137/130
BF:
Progress: 56%

Hi,
While searching the web for almond flour I found www.pleasantvillecookiecompany.com They have a pancake & waffle mix made from almond flour - which sounds yummy to me since I love almonds and don't care much for soy flour products. As a matter of fact, most of their products sound good to me (but I haven't tried any of them yet).

Check it out when you have a chance.

Rosemary
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 04:09

Plan: atkins
Stats: 265/265/200 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Atkins Pancakes

I tried the Atkins pancakes today and loved them. The syrup is a little watery but not bad. I highly recremend them to anyone.

Last edited by RD64 : Mon, Jun-02-03 at 20:27.