Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-23-02, 07:23

Plan: CAD + reg. fast
Stats: 214/153.5/135 Female 5'6"
BF:34.5/18/14
Progress: 77%
Default LC and blood type!?!?!?

Has anyone read the book about adjusting macro-nutrients according to specific blood types? I am 0 neg. and have heard that the suggested WOE is extremely similar to LCing... Who has read the book or tried the concept, and can tell me about their experiences? I am curious to find out all I can about this!
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Sep-23-02, 17:20
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Tigger,

There have been threads here about this in the past. You could try searching under "blood type."

It seems that people whose blood type, according to the D'Adamo book, suit LCing, agree with it. Others who, like me (A +ve) are directed to eat mostly vegetarian, disagree strongly with the whole concept.

In fact, I seriously think it's a load of hooey!

Before I started LCing, I was on an almost vegetarian diet and was not doing well at all. Not only could I not lose weight, my IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) was causing me a lot of pain and suffering that has gone now.

My advice is to stick to low carbing - I do not believe your blood type has any effect whatever.

Cheers!

Rosebud
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Sep-23-02, 20:13

Stats: 050/029/000 Female 5ft, 8 1/2 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%

I've read the book and I'm a type O. I like what he says. He not only tells you what you should or shouldn't eat, but in many cases why.

Some foods interefer with they thyroid and some will cause an acidic system to become more acidic. Type O is naturaly acidic, so I try to follow his plan. There is one thing that I find quite condradictory, though. I've been reading alot about acid and all the other diets for neutralizing acid say no BEEF, but yet beef is the first choice for Type O

There are other things in there that I found to be very interesting. He says most fruits are neutral, but not to eat citrus or cantalope because of molds. He says to avoid all vinegar and pickled foods or foods with vinegar in them. I find that I cannot tolerate vinegar and I tend to get yeast infections are too much acid will cause that.

Well you get the idea. If you have the book, you know what I mean.

Carol
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Sep-23-02, 21:03
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Some foods interefer with they thyroid and some will cause an acidic system to become more acidic.

Carol, I'm afraid that this is just more hype.

The body's acid base balance (acidity/alkalinity) is regulated by the kidneys, lungs and liver. What you eat may affect many things, but not your body's acid base balance!

Try searching for "acid base balance" on your favourite search engine if you want to know the scientific information rather than just believing what is said by the author of a gimmicky book.

All the best.

Rosebud