Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Sat, Sep-14-02, 16:54
Registered Member

Plan: Sugar Busters
Stats: 153/141.5/135
BF:22
Progress: 64%
Default No kidding

Jeez, no kidding, Teri. We went for Chinese Buttfet today and I did quite nicely. Then the waitress laid the dredded fortune cookies on the table. I took a tiny bite and spit it into my napkin. Yuk......and I used to like those things. Diane
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sat, Sep-14-02, 17:03
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/119/112
BF:
Progress: 75%
Default You Know you're a LC'er

You Know You're a LC'er When:

* You debate whether to take communion at church because you don't want the carbs that are in the host and wine...

* Your young daughter talks about her mother's Way Of Life (and in a positive way).

* It feels like a personal victory when your child passes up the donuts and Lucky Charms for the eggs and sausages.

Cheers,
Kristin
  #48   ^
Old Sun, Sep-15-02, 10:30

Plan: Zone
Stats: 235/190/145 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 50%

You know you're a low carber when your teenage children order a supreme delivery pizza and you have a piece but all you eat is the topping....and they aren't surprised anymore!

k
  #49   ^
Old Mon, Sep-16-02, 07:15

Stats: 290/210/199 Male 6ft 1
BF:
Progress: 88%
Talking You know your a LC'er when...

you catch yourself thinking how to remove cabinets in your kichen in an effort to put in a second frig.

your frig is full and cabinets are empty.

you goto the store and pick up sugarfree jello (4-5 trays) and the store clerk askes "how many kids do you have? " and you get a strange look when you say none!

when going to Costco warehouse and buy just steaks, 3-dozon eggs, 3-4 lbs of bacon, and 4-5 cases of water. (the looks your get)

when your friends order pizza and automatically order you a large order of chicken wings and an antipasto without you asking.

you goto a diner, after a late night out, and order steak & eggs, side of bacon & sauage and people stare as you say, that was a nice snack, anybody for seconds?!

you are desperately trying to find old pictures of yourself, to prove how this WOL really does work!

you have to prove that this is really you now and "no, I'm not somebodys younger brother" for 10-min's.

people you have not seen in a long time walk right by you. Finally they see it's you and ask did you get sick? Are you well.

people call you at work on their cell phone, ask if you have a minute, then say their in the store, and what can I buy / eat? I'm food shopping right now!

Last edited by John2001 : Mon, Sep-16-02 at 07:20.
  #50   ^
Old Mon, Sep-16-02, 14:03

Stats: 234/245/145 Female 5'7"
BF:99%I'm pretty sure
Progress: -12%
Default WOW...

John, you have really great friends!

My friend let me SMELL her oreo cookie the other day! What a rush! - COOKIE SNIFFING! HA! -

NO! I'm not on drugs, its the high you get from LC'ing when you feel so great!

Carianne
  #51   ^
Old Mon, Sep-16-02, 15:00
Registered Member

Plan: Sugar Busters
Stats: 153/141.5/135
BF:22
Progress: 64%
Default Good grief

My 25-year-old size 4 daughter told me I need to eat more sugar so I don't get such a headache when I attend family birthdays and have a tiny slice of cake. Still haven't figured that one out yet -- how to have a little and not die afterwards . . . but I don't think adding a daily dose of sugar to my diet is the answer. I just don't want to look snobbish when we celebrate -- although, if I were an alcoholic and it was a drinking gathering, I guess they wouldn't expect me to imbibe. Hmmmmm. Diane
  #52   ^
Old Tue, Sep-17-02, 08:00

Stats: 290/210/199 Male 6ft 1
BF:
Progress: 88%
Thumbs up Carianne...

Friends: Wasn't always that way.
They thought I was crazy in the beginning! They would be sitting there slamming down the pasta while I was eating antipasta and wings. Laughing at me for what I was eating. After I walked right by their sizes and below them, they started to ask questions!

My buddies wife also broke them off on me once during one of their kids B-day parties. They got Carvel Ice Cream cake and she says, ahh, something you can't have, I read the label and saw 25-grams of carbs. Should have saw their faces when I cut myself a slice. (small one)
Cheers, John
  #53   ^
Old Tue, Sep-17-02, 14:08

Stats: 234/245/145 Female 5'7"
BF:99%I'm pretty sure
Progress: -12%
Default OH I LOVE IT JOHN!

ICE CREAM CAKE! - That's a great idea. So many less carbs than regular cake! HA!
Carianne
  #54   ^
Old Wed, Sep-18-02, 07:38

Plan: low salt
Stats: 207/236/160 Female 5'10"
BF:44.1%/33.86%/?
Progress: -62%
Talking You know you are a hardcore LC'er when...

...you have that monthly craving to eat your favorite food. That food happens to be pizza. Since you have no carby stuff in your house, you order a pizza. When it gets there, it takes you half the time to eat it since you only eat the top! AND, you feel great! Not lethargic!
  #55   ^
Old Thu, Sep-19-02, 05:32
Registered Member

Stats: 186/148/128
BF:
Progress: 66%

You walk through the supermarket by rote, filling your cart with cream, cheese, bacon, poultry, fish and meat, and Splenda. You feel like a robot, as it is all automatic.
  #56   ^
Old Thu, Sep-19-02, 05:33
Registered Member

BF:

You notice that the person behind you in line at the supermarket is eyeing your purchases, while you check theirs out, theirs is all low fat this low fat that, and yours is all fat everything. You look at each other.
  #57   ^
Old Thu, Sep-19-02, 05:37
Registered Member

BF:

You hurrry to mash together some unsweetened melted chocolate, vanilla, splenda and maybe natural peanut butter and stuff it in your face, or, skip the above in a drastic craving, and go straight to the splenda and dip your finger in it, and lick it off.
  #58   ^
Old Thu, Sep-19-02, 10:42

Plan: Modified Atkins for Diabetics.
Stats: 401/240/210 Male 73"
BF:
Progress: 84%
Default Confused and Cute

Ravens;

Your so cute, I'll just bet your a blast at a dinner party.

I know I confuse and confound those who look at my plate and say..."your going to blow your diet." Then I tell them. This is my diet! The looks I get are of sheer amazement and again confusion.

Sometimes I put a pat of real butter to melt over my steak, (he, he) drives them crazy. LOL ...and I'm the one who has lost 128 pounds. I still get comments like... "Well it worked for you, but it won't work for me." The only comment I can give to that is... "IF YOU SAY SO."
  #59   ^
Old Thu, Sep-19-02, 12:19
Registered Member

BF:

Hey, I do that, I also put butter on top of a hamburger on the grill right before I take it off.
  #60   ^
Old Thu, Sep-19-02, 12:20
Registered Member

BF:

So, do you ever go off this way of eating for holidays or whatever, I posted a new thread about holidays.