Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#241   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-02, 18:19

Plan: Atkins, Simeons protocol
Stats: 285/197/165 Female 5'3
BF:45/39
Progress: 73%

Hi all you wonderful LCer's. I thought everyone's input in on this thread is very encouraging. At times I feel down about myself, but it never fails whenever I read everyone's post it helps me pick my self up of the ground again. Thanks to all of your words of wisdom. We have all been there and back again. So nice to have an amount of understanding what each other goes threw. Good life and happiness and health to you all!
Sponsored Links
  #242   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-02, 18:43

Plan: lchf
Stats: 325/264/140 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default hi all

Stayed on track today... 10 carbs total according to fitday.
now the bad news......another 3 pounds up on the scale
i have been under 20 carbs for the last 3 days so i dont know what set the gain off........
thats now 6 pounds that i have gained in Sept

I hate to put the whole no cheat group in the red

oh well....on the up side my blood sugar has been better then it was and i know if i cheat or go off that it sores through the roof....
so i will stick with it till till i figure out how to loose again
take care maggie
and thanks for all the support everyone........
and wooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo00000000000000000000000 000000000000000000000000
to everyone doing the wooshie dances!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  #243   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-02, 19:23

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 185/173/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Hello all, another good day.....this makes 3. I made through another day of no cheating. I really feel like I am back in control again, thanks to all of you out there. This such a great group. Good night everyone and have a great LC Wednesday .
  #244   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-02, 22:28

Plan: atkins-ish
Stats: 403/403/299 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hey Gang!!!

I had a FANTASTIC workout today!!! She KICKED OUR BUTTS!!! I was sweating like a CRAZY PERSON!!!!!!

Maggie --Good job not getting discouraged and staying on the right track!!! Are you keeping your calories up?? Is your TOM near??? Are you watching out for hidden carbs??? I'm certainly no expert but just some things to think about!!! Hang in there Lady!!!

Tanya --- YYYAAAAYYY!!! Treat everyday as a VICTORY!!! Good for you!!!!

Take care peeps!!!

Oh yeah, outside of the truckload of Beef and broccoli that I ate, I had NO CHEATS!

Peace,
Star
  #245   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-02, 05:35

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 305/221/180 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 67%

Maggie, I know you do not want to hear this but just be patient the loss will come. I do believe our body has to get used to the ideal of this WOE'ing. I like what Anita's Doctor had to say and that was DON"T WORK SO HARD. I have come to terms that this is not going to be a diet like everything million other times I have lost weight, this is going to be my life forever. Stay Tuff and stay focused it will come.

Star, you are one heck of a woman. Kicking butt, WTG. You are doing so great I love reading your post they are so inspiring, Keep up the great work.

I am still cheat free and must say yesterday Bob and I had this major test of strength, I will not go into any details but the first part of our day was great, it was the afternoon that was filled with fear and stress that as a rule would of thrown me in a binge that would not slow down, in fact a month ago I would of just taken up residence at Baskin Robbins, but this time I did not turn to food, I turned to Bob and my wonderful stepson Kevin. Still a bit shakey but am much better.

Okay everyone have a wonderful day. love all you NON CHEATERS joan
  #246   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-02, 05:40

Plan: BFL with SP
Stats: 167/158.5/150 Female 63ins
BF:31/26/20
Progress: 50%
Default Day 2

One down, 20 to go!! Thanks to all here, I have had a good no-cheat day, but it was soooo difficult. However, this morning I was too lazy to go to the gym. Hope that doesn't count as cheating

Judy
  #247   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-02, 05:55

Plan: Organic, Raw Foods
Stats: 176/138/117 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 64%
Cool Hi Everybody!

I haven't posted yet except to say at the very beginning that I wanted to join the group. I have been following along with everyone's progress. It has been the most stressful few weeks of the year for me and you guys have kept me going. The love and concern radiates off of my computer screen.

In the past when I have been stressed like this I would do what Joan mentioned--'hole up' with a quart of Baskin Robbins Jamoca ice cream. Instead, I just stressed and kept reading on the forum. I'm not much of a writer and seem to agonize over each word for some reason. But, I'm coming out of my shell more and I know I need to learn to vent more and express my feelings rather than just 'sizzling'. My poor DH and DD hear the brunt of it. I'm very blessed that they are so supportive.

All of you are doing WONDERFUL with the challenge. I'm so proud of everyone. I have had to reorganize my thinking to take the word 'diet' and 'cheat' out of my vocabulary. Since I plan to truly make LC my WOL, I need to know I can program in anything that I feel "deprived" of. Funny, when I do that, I don't want it! I'm doing okay and the weight is coming off SLOWLY. Hard to be patient sometimes, but I just remember to this time last year and how much I weighed.....

Everyone take especially good care of yourselves today.

Kathy
  #248   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-02, 06:04

Plan: atkins
Stats: 179.6/179.6/144 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Talking Avoiding the cheat

Ok, some days I cheat because I've put the dreaded sugary thing in my mouth without realizing that I have, ie the honey roasted peanuts a friend has offered me when I thought they were plain, other times it's late at night and I'm tired and bored. But I think I've found a cheat buster for me, it's a mouthful of nuts (craving salty) or a mouthful of whip cream (craving sweet) and then a cup of coffee with cream immediately.
Now why does this work for me? I thought about it, I get the little taste of legal salt or sweet and then it takes me about 10 minutes to drink the coffee, by then I have gotten myself under control, taken the time to decide if a cheat is worth it (NOT) and make myself something that is lc and I've avioded disaster.
What I like most about this is that it works almost everywhere I am, in the mall, at a friends house, in the car, and at home. I'm going to put this idea to the test this week and see how it works. It sure worked for me that last two days.
Day 2 down, cheat free.
I'm going to make that seafood bisque tonight and I have left over steak for lunch.
Hope the whoosh fairy comes to visit everyone this week.
How can this happen. Maggie hang in there girl, I can tell this is very hard on you and I have sent two whoosh fairies to you from Nova Scotia, I hear that they take 3 days to arrive, hold on girl, big hugs - Jo-Ann
  #249   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-02, 07:32
RawSienna

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Good morning everyone!

Gosh...I wish I had more time in the mornings to respond a little more "personally", but I don't...so it's just going to have to be this until the weekend, when I have more time!

For those of you that are losing....WONDERFUL. For those of you that are gaining...hang in there, it will come off, just keep at it! For those of you stalled...it will come off, like Nita says....what matters is where you are this time next year! Kathy...thank you for that perspective. Time is the healer. Just hang in there everyone!

I'm doing great...and have a planned "indulgence" tonight. I won't go into the gorry details, but it won't be "over the top", so shouldn't effect my efforts for the month.

You all have a great and glorious day, and we'll see you tomorrow!
Cheers!!!
Mickie
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
  #250   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-02, 11:15
Pending Member

Plan: Atkins modified
Stats: 184/172/135
BF:
Progress: 24%
Thumbs up Thanxs for inviting me to No Cheat till Autumn

Hello all! This thread sounds great. i've been reading through it. Autumn begins September 21? Or the 22?
I need help, and I've started setting small goals for myself because the weight is just not coming off. But I cheat. And I eat when I'm stressed, and bored.
So I'm trying to delete the stresses from my life. Tommorrow when my 5 year old goes to school, I'm going to go for a walk. She goes every other day, my son goes every day. I even started going to a shrink to handle stress and she basically just helps me cope with my children, work, marital problems, family situations etc. I was always a very strong person, everyone would always comment that I could handle it because I would just handle everything. Then one day I just stopped. I was overwhelmed. Depressed. I was gaining weight, diagnosed with PCOS, my husband moved out, son diagnosed with a Social Anxiety Disorder.

Well, enough about my sucky life. On the upside, my son has medication now which seems to be helping, My husband and I are working things out, and I've found you. Now I have to stop eating at midnight when I get home.

Thank you all and I'll check back in tommorrow.
  #251   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-02, 12:04
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 252/247/135
BF:
Progress: 4%
Default I am starting induction tomorrow and am a little nervous!

Hi everyone-

My name is Patty and I have been lurking for a week or two. I posted here a couple of times but now I am going to start my Atkins program tomorrow and I am a little nervous! I feel I am pretty prepared but I have been reading alot about people feeling sick the first week or so. I noticed that vitamins seem to be quite important so I will make sure I have some on hand. Does anyone have any other tips or suggestions? I have alot of weight to lose (110 lbs) and feel this is the best way for me to get a jumpstart. I have read alot of good things and excellent success stories so I am very excited! Any ideas/suggestions/helpful hints would be much appreciated! Thanks again-

Patty
  #252   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-02, 12:17

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 265/258/129
BF:48/48/20
Progress: 5%
Smile

Hi everyone!

Had a good day yesterday. almost skipped the workout, but thought, no, I'm not going to skip off until I have done at least 3 workouts in one week. anything over that is a bonus but not required.

No cheat yesterday and found a new food item to try. We ordered greek food for delivery and I ordered something called feta fourno. It's slices of tomato with crumbled feta cheese on top with oregano and olive oil. It's then broiled. Mmmmm.

I did a quick weigh yesterday and I seem to be down one pound but I won't do an offical weigh until the end of the month.

To all of my American friends, I'm thinking about all of you today. Remember what's important, remember to treat yourselves well.

Alena.
  #253   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-02, 12:21

Talking

Welcome Patty, you posted right before me and I didn't see you.

tips/suggestions/etc

1. drink your water
2. get a good multivitamin
3. calcium/magnesium tablet
4. potassium tablet (the supplements forum has lots of great advice about dosage)
5. pre-prepare as much as possible. I really believe that the key to success is to always have something on hand to eat right away.
6.drink your water
7. come here every day for lots of support
8. exercise
9. drink your water
10. did I mention drinking your water?

Alena.
  #254   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-02, 12:37

Thumbs up

p.s. I went to Baskin-Robbins yesterday while waiting for my roomate. My dd had an ice cream. My roomate had an ice cream. I had NOTHING. Nada. Zip. Not even a lick that my dd offered me.

Yeah me!

Alena.
  #255   ^
Old Wed, Sep-11-02, 13:19
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Hi Everyone! Day #2 - no cheats!

STAR - I really hooked into what you said earlier:
Quote:
The big difference in being able to stick with this has been the support that I've gotten from the people in this forum and the mental shift to recognizing this as a WAY OF LIFE. This is NOT going to end when I hit goal weight. It may shift a little but I have made peace with the fact that I won't be eating certain things again...and for what I've gained in return--I'm completely cool with the tradeoff!!!!
This is a MAJOR shift in thinking and the one that will pay off for you for years to come. This is the shift that will guarantee that ultimately you WILL succeed and you WILL manage to keep the weight off forever. Congratulations!! It's the same for me....and I am very grateful that I came to this realization very early on. And who helped me get to that place? The LC Mentors/Mods and members of this forum. BIG THANK YOU!

SPECIALGIR - I just want to give you a warm hug It sounds as if you have a lot to deal with right now. Taking this HUGE step forward for your OWN sake is very major....seeing a counselor and looking after your health. Baby steps in the right direction is all you need to expect from yourself right now. Small goals is the key Please feel free to call on me (by PM or journal) anytime you'd like to talk, ok? I know what its like to feel totally overwhelmed....I've been there a number of times....and I'm still here!!

Emmasmom - No need to be nervous!! You'll be fine. If you're concerned about being "ill", there's ways around just about all the symptoms you may go through. I, personally, had NO ill side effects from induction.... lots of people sail right through. Hints/suggestions: It is of particular importance to drink your water and take potassium, magnesium, calcium and multi-vit supplements. This should take care of headaches, fatigue, fuzzy-headedness, leg cramps, etc. If you're planning to discontinue caffeine, I suggest (strongly) that you wean yourself over a period of 2 weeks rather than going cold turkey. Stock up on legal LC snacks, have fun with some new recipes and hit the Listerine breath strips when cravings hit (works for me!). Let me know if I can help....that's what we're here for, ok?