Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-09-05, 18:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 201/191/150 Female 5.7 in.
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Walk Away the Pounds Success?

I'm interested to hear if anyone has had good results from doing the WATP tapes while eating low carb. I have the one mile and two mile tapes, but I just don't feel like I'm doing enough to really see results (although it is a great program for me because I'm a new mom and haven't worked out in over a year!) I know if others have done well then it will get my butt motivated!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-09-05, 19:37
Registered Member

Plan: 20 carbs a day
Stats: 165/158/130 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress:

I have walk away the pounds 4 mile video and i also do lc and I think it helps alot. i do the 4 mile walk almost everyday. I have lost 19 pounds and 2 pant sizes in 3 months. I really like that video.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-09-05, 20:14
... Pro-Atkins!

Plan: General LC
Stats: 312/274/220 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 41%
Talking

WAP helped me go from 'barely able to walk' to walking 3 miles every morning. I cried the first time I made it to a mile, and that success motivated me to keep on going. I walked the 10K Vancouver SunRun - although I wasn't in Vancouver and I didn't run (I was part of an exercise challenge here), I DID it and it was wonderful.

I think WAP is great, although I understand it's not for everyone. Some people think Leslie is grating, and others don't feel it's challenging enough.

You'll find a lot of fans here, though.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, May-09-05, 21:14
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 50%

I have fibromyalgia, and found Leslie Sansone to be a terrific introduction to in-home excersing. I have some of her earlier tapes too, besides WATP. I think she's great for beginners or folks who aren't in peak physcical condition .. she's very encouraging, and provides options for those who aren't quite up to full level. But yeah, she does chatter and giggle too much. Oh well.

After a few months working with her tapes, I also tried more rigorous programs by Kathy Smith and Denise Austin. Trust me, I felt totally intimidated by their more advanced levels .. at first. But with Leslie, I gained confidence as well as fitness, and felt okay to try the others. If you're looking for an advanced "low-to-no-impact" program, Kathy Smith's "Marching to Fitness" is 30 minutes of fun that will leave you sweating and puffing, but it won't hurt your knees!

If you're looking for more challenge with the WATP tapes you've got ... try increasing the weights. If you're using the weighted balls. they're 2 lbs each. Try using 3 lb dumbbells. Trust me, you'll notice a big difference!

hth,

Doreen
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-10-05, 08:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/99.0/102.0 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 103%

I don't have these tapes, but I walk 1.6 miles (to work) every morning and every evening. I think it has been very helpful!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, May-28-05, 12:13

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 96/115/105 Female 5'
BF:
Progress: 211%

I LOVE WATP!! I have gone the Curves route, in 4 months time I lost 24.5 inches, but their hours and policies werent for me, as I have children.
I also accrued the same results just from walking. I used to walk outside minimum 2 miles 3-4 days a week and now I do the WATP, as here in Sunny Humid South Florida, it beats the exhaustion you get from being outside. So I do WATP in the hot summer months and Im outside beating a path in the Spring and Winter.
I alter my weights and I also add a few steps here and there when they are only 'marching' in place. I did it thru my entire pregnancy and it made the world of difference afterwards.
I have the 1-2-3 mile dvd's.

I think you'll like it. Remember results are noticeable immediately, it always takes me a good 2 months to finally notice that my hard work pays off.

#7   ^
Old Tue, Jun-07-05, 12:35

Plan: Low Carb/Anti-Candida
Stats: 203.5/161.0/135 Female 5ft3"
BF:??
Progress: 62%

Wow! So nice to find some WATP fans. I just had #6 a little over a year ago and have alot of baby fat to lose- so I'm trying these out and they seem good for someone who's been out of the exercise loop for a while.
She has the power mile w/weights - but it's only 19-20 min. I wonder if I'll see results soon?
I wonder if the longer miles would be better?
(I've also got FMS.)
Have a GREAT day!
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jun-26-05, 09:23

Plan: atkins
Stats: 225/152/125 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 73%

WOW! six kids! GREAT! how do you do it? I have two and sometimes they are too much
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Jun-26-05, 16:22

Plan: Human Experimentation
Stats: 170/100/105 Female 4'10
BF:
Progress: 108%

I don't have the tapes, but that is what worked for me. I used a stationary bike too!!!
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jul-08-05, 07:15

Plan: Lowcarb
Stats: 164/143/130 Female 5feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 62%

I walk 3x a day for 30 minutes and it works for me. I have 4 kids and I feel guilty if I'm gone for longer than 30 minutes. I put on the CD player and go.
I tore ligaments in my knee years ago and can't walk for long periods of time but if I rest it for 3 or 4 hours it's enough time to go out again.
I just love the fresh air listening to good music it's very rejuvenating.
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Jul-08-05, 08:03

BF:

I just did my 1st walkaway the pounds mile of this restart it was quick and I feel great (my kids join in also) kids 4yr, & 19mo. so we all had a great time.
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Jul-08-05, 12:14

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 246/198/150 Female 62inches
BF:

I've often wondered why Mom's don't have kids join in when they are doing these routines...granted they won't keep it up the whole 20 min but sometimes neither do I.

Hope you all had fun together.
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Jul-08-05, 13:43
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/190/140 Female 165 cm
BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86tolose
I just did my 1st walkaway the pounds mile of this restart it was quick and I feel great (my kids join in also) kids 4yr, & 19mo. so we all had a great time.

Good for you!!!!!!!

As I noted above, I love Leslie Sansone's programs. She's very encouraging for the beginner, and you don't have to learn complicated dance steps to do them.

I've just ordered her latest Power Walk dvd's, which include kicks and jogging on the spot. A bit higher impact, but should boost the metabolism.

I'll keep y'all posted when they arrive how they are

Happy Walking everybody!!

Doreen
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Jul-08-05, 14:09

BF:

ooooooh, That sounds great. how often do you do each one? eo you change them up or just keep dping thew sameone?
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Jul-08-05, 15:41

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 246/198/150 Female 62inches
BF:

I think the ones that use the resistance bands look the best. I don't like lifting even the small dumbbells over my head-i'm too clumsy.

I've got the 1,2,3 mile ones-can only make it thru the 1m...sad state of affairs.