Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#196   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-02, 13:22

Plan: lchf
Stats: 325/264/140 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 33%
Default hi all :)

I tried out my reward type meal yesterday and i WONT be doing it again....my sugar went sky high for hours after....i had a hamburger and fries....i have been craving them. And i had been thinking of maybe switching to CAD but i can see with being diabetic it wouldnt work at all
So back to LCing today and so far so good
Keep up all the great work everyone ....and as for the slip ups....well leave them behind and start new right now!!!!!
take care all
maggie

Sponsored Links
  #197   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-02, 15:46

Plan: Whole Foods Since 2/02
Stats: 360.5/174.5/200 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%
Talking Oh! My dear little darlings!

C'mon over here and let Miss Betty give ya'll a big huggity hug and a comforting and accepting look. You are all so special a people and are doing so well!

Greg, good to hear from you, child! You stick around now, we don't wantcha wandering around by yourself and getting yourself lost.

Maggie, sorry that CAD thingy didn't do it for you. Have experience that program once myself and it didn't work well for me either, sadly. Back on track now tho.

Everyone is KICKING BOOTY!!!

IT IS STILL ON!!!
  #198   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-02, 17:11

Plan: My Own
Stats: 333/215/160 Female 64cm
BF:
Progress: 68%

Hi everyone - weekends are hard aren't they - but you've got the whole week to geet under your belt before another one pops up!!

I am Day 9 - no cheat and feeling great - 5 swims this week. This is my best effort yet.
I hope you are all LC today - resisst temptation it does become easier - Bye for now.
  #199   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-02, 18:38
Reinventing Myself

Plan: Doctor's Plan
Stats: */*/* Female 5 ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 77%
Default 6 Down...

Well I did it. Another day cheat free! I planned my menu for the week and went food shopping so I am ready!

Can I ask for some advice? I live on my own and support myself, therefore I am on a pretty tight budget (plus I am a teacher! LOL). It seems my grocery bills are getting too big for me, even just getting the basics. I look in the ads and stuff, but does anyone have any other tips for me? Thanks!

You are doing great Wendye! Keep it up!!

Weigh in in two days...TOM in about 2 days...what do YOU think?? LOL

~Michelle
  #200   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-02, 20:03

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Michelle......

I'm on a very tight budget as well, at the moment and it's been quite a challenge for me to deal with. The good news is that it's not impossible.

When I shop, I look for the best buys in Grams of Protein/Dollar. I used FitDay to help me figure out which foods would give me the most protein and then I headed to the grocery store with my list. I'm eating .8 to .9 grams of protein/pound body weight, so about 135-150g/day. I shop frequently, picking up a few items at a time. I find that I waste less that way. When I shop ahead, I always seem to have casualties in my fridge.

A personal favourite of mine is skinless, boneless chicken breasts.

1 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast = 9 grams of protein
1 oz beef steak (lean only eaten) = 8 grams of protein
1 oz swiss cheese = 8 grams of protein
1 oz canned tuna (in water) = 7.5 grams of protein
1 oz unsalted roasted peanuts = 7 grams of protein

For my veggies, I generally buy whatever is the best buy of the week from a group of veggies that I enjoy and that have a lower carb count so that I can eat a lot of them and not worry. Cucumbers, tomatos, peppers, broccoli and cauliflower are staples in my house with "organic mixed baby greens" something that I have once in a while as a "treat" because it's expensive.

HTH at least some.

Marlaine

P.S. Cheat free and feeling good.

P.P.S. I think that the reason that threads like this work so well is that Success Is Contagious. Don'tcha just love hanging out with a bunch of LOSERS!!
  #201   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-02, 20:23
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 198/188.6/150
BF:41
Progress: 20%
Default Thank goodness

Well the day with inlaws went okay, just felt frustrated with everything being casseroles, each of them had pasta in it so that wasnt an option. I had a sausage/egg breakfast at 8am so was okay for awhile, but the next time I ate was 6pm - which was a carb bar that I put in my purse before we left home. We went out to dinner so I had some control over my carb intake. It was a relief that I managed to avoid anyone noticing I wasnt eating, therefore I didnt offend the mother in law, and didnt have to tell everyone about the atkins way of life. I feel adamant that its not their business, they wouldnt understand, etc...
Thank goodness I could play off me and my daughter 'sharing' the plate of food, with her in my lap (shes 2 yrs old), not to mention extended family was there, so mother in law wasnt sitting at the same table. Can you tell she stresses me out?

The bottom line is that I have gone 8 full days (and my very first weekend) without cheating - YEAH. I feel really proud of myself.
Now I just need to get the workouts in and the water intake up!!

I enjoy hearing about everyones struggles and successes. Thanks for all the support, Its obviously making a huge difference.
  #202   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-02, 20:55
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%
Default No Cheat Newbie Here!

Scooch over everyone.... make room for one more! I'm doing okay in the LC department, but my goal is to stay under 30g. I'm a snitchaholic. I take halves of cookies and fingerswipes of chocolate icing. It must stop!!! I promise to be good. I also promise to confess my snitches.

Now ya'll gotta promise to beat me about the head when I snitch. That's your job. None of this, "Oh, it's okaaayyy Teri, you'll do better tomorrow...." NO! No coddling. Ok? Ok.

Thanks guys.
  #203   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-02, 21:26

Stats: 230/136/145 Female 5'8.5"
BF:33.95/24.51/20
Progress: 111%

Thanks everyone for your "well wishes" they worked cause I’m feeling a lot better

Star, … wow I’m so proud of you for taking aeroboxing…that must be a lot of fun. Is it sort of like a Tae-bo class or actually boxing???

Anita…. congratulations on getting through the argument with your son without eating…that’s pretty cool. I recently found chicken wings that I like and yes…those little wings can be very addictive…(it’s a good thing that your chicken winged out..lol) but, mine are only 1 gram for 4 chicken wings…wow…can’t beat that (well…I’m not really sure how many grams the other versions have). But, at least it’s a safe low carb food. DH can’t believe I eat them…he hates them

Jo-Ann…it’s amazing how a little sugar can trigger us to eat. Good for you for realizing what the honey roasted peanuts were doing to you – and then just going to bed. Think about it…that could have been a whole night of bingeing (for me…anyway). I’m so proud of you for stopping when you did and jumping right back on program. As everyone has already said (I’m a little late here) you’re welcome here…this is about our continued progress…and well hitting the 140’s seems pretty darn good to me!

Michelle….congratulations on passing up the bread, potatoes and carrots that came with your meal on your night out.. I think eating with friends is one of the toughest events that we have (well…that dessert social sounded pretty tough that Star went to). Have you tried making tacos without the shells…sort of like a taco salad…It’s really inexpensive and low in carbs?

Marlaine…I’m with you patiently waiting for lower numbers…the 150’s sound really good. But, I’m just so happy with the progress that we’ve made. I’m especially proud of your workouts and "no cheats" you’ve done an awesome job! This has been an amazing year! And yes, I do agree…success is contagious…isn’t that fun!

WooHoo Betty…wow…congratulations on dumping another pound. You’re posts really make me smile…you help to make this LC lifestyle and support so much fun! Way to go on hitting 316….and…

I’m so proud of you!
Sally…Hi mom ( )…
thanks so much for all your notes and encouragement…you always help me through the tough times! I left you a message in your journal…but…I was soooooo sorry to hear about your girlfriends mother. It’s so sad when we lose our loved ones. I hope that you’re feeling better…but, what a tough weekend to go through. Please know that I love and adore you and my heart is with you

Skyspinner…hey can I add "I’m melting….I’m melting…" to my signature (just kidding…I won’t copy) but that is so cute! I’ve tried some of the LC chocolate recipes and they weren’t that good…but, the chocolate "cool cookies" were a pleasant surprise….even DH liked them.

Joan…I’m so excited about you and Sally coming for LC Peanut Butter cookies and Tea…doesn’t that sound like fun. Seriously, I think we should all meet in the middle of the US sometime this year…that would be so much fun! Oh my your food sounds so good. I hope Bob has a really fun birthday…and will you save me some of those faux potatoes (yum) and Strawberry Margarita cake…wow…I’m in heaven just thinking about it!

Greg…wow…congrats on leaving that plateau and losing another 3 pounds…doesn’t that feel great! I’m so glad that you’re back on track and that you got TrainerDan’s book…how is that?

Wendye…wow it’s so great to see you here.. Congratulations on Day 9 of the "No cheat" thread and the 5 swimming sessions this week…you’ve done an awesome job.

Suzbuff…glad you’re jumping right back on program…weekends are tough…but, it’ll get better. Do you make any low carb treats for yourself? They really help me get through the tough times.

Tanya…Ok ..another tough weekend…but, I’m so glad to see that you’re posting and jumping right back on program…good for you!

Summer…you’re right…this is a life long commitment! It’s really different from just being on a diet.

Keller…I’m with you…I’ll imagine myself "not cheating" till thanksgiving…then, I’ll imagine how much smaller I’ll be by Christmas…and Wow…this really was worth the effort!

Maggie…sorry that CAD isn’t working out for you. I don’t know anything about CAD…but, some of us just can’t handle high glycemic carbs (I’m one of them). So. You’ve learned more about your body and how it handles food. Now, you can tweak your program a little so that you don’t have that response.

Lhelmick…Woo-hoo for you for getting through your in-laws dinner… WTG! 8 days without cheating is awesome

Teridoodle…Oh…I haven’t been over to your journal in a while and it was so nice to see your smiling face here. That was so cute…a "snitchaholic"…I think we can all relate to that. Well…we’re here to support all your non-snitching days. Welcome to the "no cheat" thread…

Wow sorry for the long post…just wanted to say hi to everyone…Hope that tomorrow brings new beginnings for anyone who had a tough weekend...remember it's a new day...forgive yourself and jump back on your program. We CAN do this!
  #204   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-02, 23:00

Plan: atkins-ish
Stats: 403/403/299 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Thumbs up still going strong!!!

Hey Everybody!!

Still no cheat and I'm KEEPING UP WITH MY EXCERCISE!!!
YYEAAHH!

I was inspired by the US Open this weekend (YEEAAHHH SERENA!!!! And VENUS TOO!! BBOOOOOOOOOOO PETE!!!!) and I ended up playing tennis for about 2 hours a day both Saturday and Sunday! It felt great and it was good to be outside in the sun...which is rare around these parts!

Cher - YEAH! It's exactly like Tae- Bo. I've been taking it each semester but this semester I almost switched to aqua aerobics...I'm liking the Aeroboxing much better. Makes me feel like a Tough Girl!!! Actually, because I've been taking this class I can actually DO the Tae-Bo now!! When I first got those tapes I would give up and then flop down with like a tub of Rocky Road and just tell Mr. Billy Blanks to go to H--L!! but now, we're friends!!! I LOVE those tapes!! I'm trying to work my way up to the Advanced tape. I can do the 8 minute one and the basic workout.

I JUST KNOW I'm losing weight this time!!!! I can feel it!! I'm going to try to stay away from the scale so that I will be surprised but I don't know if I can hold out!!!

HANG IN THERE EVERYONE!!! We're doing GREAT!!!

Peace,
Star
  #205   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-02, 06:42

Plan: BFL with SP
Stats: 167/158.5/150 Female 63ins
BF:31/26/20
Progress: 50%

I'm here, Betty, I've made it, thanks for the tip.

Hope it's OK to join this challenge - I really need it after putting on 3 lbs over my holiday.

If I'm not too late, I would like to start tomorrow. No cheating this month. This will be difficult, especially as my birthday and my mum's big 90th birthday do fall this month, plus a weekend in France.

So wish me luck and hope I can do as well as all of you no-cheaters.

Judy
  #206   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-02, 07:37
RawSienna

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:

Good morning everyone!!!!

Darn...I don't have time for a long post....but just wanted to check in.

I had a WONDERFUL weekend....and am here to report that I am still "cheat" free.....ACCORDING to my plan, which allows me one day a week "off"....only planned "indulgences".....I REFUSE to call them cheats!!!

Anyhoooo....loved reading up on you all....sounds like you are all doing great!

I admire ALL of you that come here and post when you have unplanned indulgences....thats so honest, and so freeing, and SO great for all of us. It's the only way we can help each other!

Love to all!
See you later today!
Big hugssssss,
Mickie
Edit/Delete Message Reply With Quote
  #207   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-02, 11:26

Plan: Whole Foods Since 2/02
Stats: 360.5/174.5/200 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%
Talking Welcome to the NEW No Cheaters!

Hi Judy, glad you made it on over, girly! I think you'll like it here with us, if you can keep up with all the posts everyday. Better have taken the Evelyn Wood Speed Reading Course in the 1970s. Ooops, most of you won't have a clue what that is. <Betty dates her chubby self>

TeriDoodlyooodlyoooooo! Welcome to our lo carb hideaway. Pull up a peanut butter stuffed celery and stay a while. Sorry, no chocolate icing in here, you'll have to BYO.

Everyone's updates are looking good! Keep it up ya'll.

Well, I'm off to prepare some protein now. I found a nice size frog in the garden this morning and he's got the fattest, most delicious looking legs! I'll let ya know how they turned out.

Just kidding.

IT IT STILL ON!!!
  #208   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-02, 12:12

Stats: 244/218/144
BF:48/42.3/22
Progress: 26%

Wow...there is always sooo much to read each time I come here...I love it!!!

I had another cheat free day yesterday, and didn't get a T-Bone, but did get a big ol' New York steak...Took dh for dinner, it was his birthday...had a lobster with cheese and garlic butter appy, steak, zucchini, sweet red pepper, and caesar salad without croutons for supper...I did not share R's cake, even tho they brought me a fork. I did enjoy my coffee...

I have tried to overcome this chocolate craving, but it just will NOT go away...So today I am heading out to the health food store and buying myself a L/C bar...Now, I know these are not the best thing for me, but I figure if I don't get some chocolate soon, I will cheat with a score bar...so I will have a L/C bar and be done with it!!

Did my workout again this morning...it was great!! Dh is layed off of work again. He will be going each morning for hikes. I will be joining him on Tuesdays and Thursdays...Also on weekends if he goes. So, each day I will be getting some form of exercise.

Sounds like everybody is doing great...
Teri...I have my whip in hand...LOL....
Betty...I'm still doing the booty dance. Excellent progress you are making...
Cher...glad you are feeling better. And I would love to meet everybody in Central USA too!!!
Mickie...well...we all know how you were burning calories this weekend...hubba hubba...lol
Star...I wish I knew how to play tennis...the one time I tried, I was told never again...(I couldn't keep the ball in our court...lol)
Keller...I can imagine not cheating til Thanksgiving...that's pretty easy for us Canadians...Our thanksgiving is just a month away...lol.
Greg...STILL WAITING FOR HALF WAY PICS...lol.
Wendye...Way to go girl...swim, swim, swim!!!
Maggie...CAD did not work for me either...
Lhelmick...Glad you got through it...and you are right...it is nobody's business but your own... some MIL's!!!
Joan...Luv ya hun...how was the birthday dinner???
Tanya...Your back on board and all's well...
Summeryet..Where there's a will...there's a way!!!
Marelaine...Hey...I didn't forget about you...You go girl!!

Goodness knows I have forgot some...I don't mean too...anyhow...let's all gather 'round for a big ol' group hug.....

((((((((((((((((((((((((((GROUP)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
  #209   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-02, 12:47

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 305/221/180 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default Monday afternoon

No Cheating at our house over the weekend. Bob's b'day dinner went great all low carb and the cake was a big hit. So no one missed the ice cream or if they did they kept it to themselves.
Have not been on the puter any this weekend way too busy so just scanning journals today. joan
  #210   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-02, 13:13

Plan: Six week Body Makeover
Stats: 251.4/220.4/135 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%

Checking in here....not a good weigh-in this AM...had some almonds yesterday, and they obviously have too many carbs for me. Goal today is clean Fat Fast and water.

Hope everybody's having a wonderful LC day and we'll see less of you later on.

Take care....