Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-02, 18:24

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 193/174.5/148 Female 5'3"
BF:yikes
Progress: 41%
Talking I took a huge step today!

Hello again everyone,<p>It's been a while since I've posted but I keep reading and I can't even begin to tell you what an inspiration you all are <p>My loss has been at a good constant pace, I'm averaging about 1 lb a week now and I am extremely pleased with my progress. I feel wonderful and people are begining to comment which is always so encouraging.<p> Well today I did it! I had read how one of you ladies (please forgive me, I forget who) got rid of all her larger size clothes to force her to stay on track. Thats exactly what I did, having dropped a size I had to get into my closet and dig for those smaller clothes. It felt so good I just had to throw those 16's into a bag and be done with them. Off to the Salvation Army!<p>But then later it hit me...my safety net was gone. It's a bit scary, what if I can't do this for the long haul? I know, one day at a time . It has just been so easy, almost too good to be true and I'm waiting for the bubble to burst!<p>Only time will tell, now I'm looking forward to the day when I can pack these 14's and send them on there way, I haven't been a size 12 since College! I am so greatful for this site and the wonderful people here , sending hugs to all who need them <p>Eden
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-02, 19:30

Plan: My own
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%
Thumbs up

Congratulations Eden!

I remember when I moved in April I packed up tons of jeans (I had every size under the sun) and sent em off to Goodwill in a big garbage bag...its a great/scary feeling!

Lisa
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-02, 22:05

Plan: schwarzbein
Stats: 200/172/140
BF:
Progress: 47%

You guys have inspired me. Tomorrow all the clothes that are too big have got to go. THanks
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-02, 22:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 197/195/140 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

Hello fellow NBer!!

Actually I'm in NS now going to school, but NB will always be my home.

Congrats on ditching the clothes you would never wear again anyways!! I just did the same thing this week. I moved into a new apartment and just didn't have the room. I figure that if I don't wear the bigger sizes anymore, there's no sense in wasting valuable closet space with them! Besides, I am a student and can't afford to go buying new clothes, so getting rid of them leaves me no choice but to stay on track!

The salvation army must just love me after the haul they made off with!

All the best,

KC
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Sep-09-02, 12:25

Plan: Whole Foods Since 2/02
Stats: 360.5/174.5/200 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%
Cool Don't be freaked!

You did the right thing! You are not only gonna NEVER be back into that old size, but you're gonna need to buy some SIZE 9s in the near future!!!

Okay, I'll admit, I didn't have the nerve to donate my now-too-large outfits, but only b/c I had paid a lot of money for some gorgeous boutique dresses. When I was a size 5-6X, it was really hard for me to find reasonably priced natural fiber clothing. I didn't wear pants, they were too uncomfortable for me. So I was forced to pay big bucks for the lovely clothes I took pride in wearing.

So, to "rid" myself of the too large clothing, I took them all to a wonderfully talented dressmaker who is altering them to fit me again!

Some of the items I had never even worn! But when I tried them back on a month ago, they were way too big. and

One drop dead gorgeous 2-piece outfit was nearly $200, and I just couldn't stomach donating it. It's worth the $45 that it's going to cost to have it completely reworked into a brand new outfit that I will enjoy for the next few months.

Furthermore, I still can't believe what a HUGE difference losing 34 pounds has made in my size. NEVER in my life have I lost such a small amount of weight that has shown on me so much. Truly a testimony to how much FAT a lo carb WOL can burn off.

Of course, I wouldn't consider altering a $15 pair of jeans.
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Sep-10-02, 16:42

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 193/174.5/148 Female 5'3"
BF:yikes
Progress: 41%

Lisa~ Thanks so much for the encouragement, I really appreciate it<p>Judy~ All I can say is go for it!!<p>KC~ Hi! I think I saw in another post that you are from Moncton, I'm from Miramichi..it's great to meet you. I only cringed for a moment when I got rid of those clothes, for some reason I'm sure I will do it this time <p>Betty~ A size 9!!! Oh my, you know what ..that thought had never even entered my mind. My whole adult life I have never been a size 9. Is that possibe..LOL..I would just be so happy to get into that college size 12 again!<p> I know exactly what you mean about holding on to those favorite things and having them altered, my mom is a seamstress and there are a few outfits that I kept so that they could be taken in. Betty, I have to say that I enjoy so much reading your posts. You are always so kind and helpful to anyone who askes for advise and I've learned a great deal from you here <p>Take care and have a great day<br>Eden