Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #6   ^
Old Sun, Jun-19-05, 11:36

Plan: 1
Stats: 110/110/110 Female 111
BF:
Progress: 74%

Quote:
Originally Posted by zigga1
Well thanks people for the harsh reality, but I was very very serious about losing weight, and I was very very serious about my diet plan. I don't think I'm being silly or any thing or unrealistic about my weight goal. I'm serious and not playing around.
However I will go out and purchase the Atkin book today, because I now know I'm doing something wrong, but I was very committed to LC. I had a hard time those two weeks. I think it really help me because it introduced me to foods I never ate before.
Anyways Thanks for all the comment it was a wake up call.

Please do not buy the book! You don't have to!!!!!!! I began low carbing while on unemployment and trust me when I say that was tough! Everyone was talking about all these really cool recipes made with items I couldn't even begin to afford! I researched on the internet, visited journals and asked lots of questions! One of the things I looked at when visiting the journals is the stats on folks! I know that sounds wrong, but I wanted the dirt from folks that had been there and were doing that! So, if they showed great success in weight loss then I read their journals and asked lots of questions. Now, I know that folks early in their weight loss have lots to offer, but seriously, I needed info from folks who had already figured it out and made tons of mistakes! Those early in their weight loss are really still trying to figure it all out! For instance, if someone who has lost not even 20 pounds is telling someone to go ahead and eat pork rinds during induction then I think hmmmmmmm...they really don't know yet! But, when someone who has lost a lot of weight says to step away from them until you are closer to goal! Well, who do you want to believe? The one that had been there and done that! I am not putting down anyone's weight loss no matter the amount, but seriously, there are a weath of info available out here that can be tapped into without buying books! I bought an atkins book only to find it focused mostly on the later stages! There is an official atkins site that I found that had the rules of induction and owl and I posted them in my gym log! Feel free to check it out. One thing to watch out for is the self promotion of their frankenfoods! Keep it simple and as natural as you can get it and you will surely lose! Best of luck on low carbing because it is completely worth it! Oh, and a bit of advice...post what you are eating! Sometimes that helps others with their advice and maybe someone will be able to see what is causing the stall!