Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#181   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-02, 12:54

Plan: Six week Body Makeover
Stats: 251.4/220.4/135 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 27%

Checking in for Saturday.....fairly good day yesterday, but coulda been a disaster...

I got too hungry, went into "town" (hitch up the buck board, Ma....) w/ DH and stopped at grocery for more whipping cream. I was so hungry I started lusting after fried chicken, so bought 6 drumsticks and some shredded cabbage mix. Fried the chicken in butter w/ lotsa spices, made LC coleslaw and had some green beans. That satisfied my hunger, but I had this bee in my bonnet about some LC candy recipe, and ended up making that.

Short story...it wasn't really very good, but chocoholics have been known to lick chocolate off railroad tracks if necessary, so I scarfed down about 24 g worth of carbs of this worthless stuff. Made me a bit nauseated, too....so, off to bed.

Time passes....this AM I was up 0.8 pounds! Gak!!! DH wanted to walk the land, so we had coffee, and started walking. I drank a litre of water during the walk, and we walked about 2 miles. Got back to the house, went to the bathroom a couple times, took a shower and weighed again (still no food, remember) for a LOSS of 0.4!!

You know I'm gonna take it!!!! So I skated the edge of danger and got away scot-free....

Now off to cook DH some lunch and have my Fat Fast for the rest of today, and tomorrow, I plan.

Big congrats to all the losers...hugs and cheer to those who will do much better tomorrow, and condolences for the death of the dear sweet lady....sigh....

Whooshie Wishes to all for a wonderful LC weekend!

Take care....
Sponsored Links
  #182   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-02, 14:19

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 305/221/180 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default Saturday afternoon....

Cher, I am so glad to see you feeling better and you are posting. Sally and I are coming with tea and Pb cookies we picking up Sonja too. We will make you better. LOL LOL....Poor Cher, calling locksmith to put heavier bolts on her doors.ROFLOL...

So far the weekend has been no problem and tomorrow we are celebrating Bob's b'day however his b'day is not until Tuesday but we will all get together tomorrow. Have made the Strawberry Margaritta cake it looks wonderful. Also having roasted pork Faux, mashed potatoes and green beans. I told Bob I would make real potatoes and he said no that everyone will love the adventure of eating Fake mashed potatoes, isn't he the best.

Everyone is doing so great and I cannot believe how this thread has grown in less than a week. Good luck to all joan
  #183   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-02, 14:46

BF:

Oops...pushed the button twice...

How the heck to I Delete a post? The "Delete Now" button is enabled, but when I click it, I get a page that says I don't have access to do that. How come, when it's my own post?
  #184   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-02, 18:54
Reinventing Myself

Plan: Doctor's Plan
Stats: */*/* Female 5 ft 3 in
BF:
Progress: 77%

I have gotten that message too Sky, and I could never understand it.

Sally great job on not reaching for the confort food in a tough situation. I dont know if I could have been that strong.

veryone on this thread is so great, I feel like I say this all the time, but THANK YOU! I found you guys by accident, and I am so glad I did!

5 days down...I CAN DO THIS....we ALL can do this!

~Michelle
  #185   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-02, 19:16

Plan: atkins
Stats: 250/198/170
BF:unknown
Progress: 65%
Default Hello all

All is going really well for everybody I see. I have finally left my self induced platue of 3 weeks for a three lbs lose. I say it was self induced for the fact that I cheated on vacation at the end of August. I am back on track and feeling great. my work outs are going great and I just got Trainerdans book Metabolism: Tips and Tricks. This was a quick read with a lot of valuable information especially if you are going to start exercising. I can't wait to incorporate his suggested training cycle into my workout.

I will not stay away for so long next time. I have been really busy trying to adjust to my new school schedule. I think all is good with this for now.

keep at it everyone

cya Greg
BORN CARNIVORE
Attached Images
File Type: gif tiger.gif (38.0 KB, 53 views)
  #186   ^
Old Sat, Sep-07-02, 19:43

Plan: My Own
Stats: 333/215/160 Female 64cm
BF:
Progress: 68%

Hi everyone - so glad everyone is doing so well under momma Sally's watchful eye and supportive tones.

I am now no cheat for 7 days - this is DAY 8 - I feel great - I feel strong and I do feel thinner.

Went out to dinner last night ALWAYS A DANGER TIME (Indonesian) We had fried chicken (no coating except spices) seafood and beef skewers - perfect!!! i really wanted to BBQ seafood but I know the sauce was full of sugar so I didn't order that.

AND I swam for 15 mins - gonna try my bad knee for 17 mins today - have swimming for the knee and half for the overall exercise - so if I couldn't be bothered there's always 2 reasons to go.

KEEP UP THE CHALLENGE - THIS IS GREAT!!!
  #187   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-02, 02:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/218/144
BF:48/42.3/22
Progress: 26%

I had a great day today...Managed not to eat for emotional reasons when I had an arguement with son # 2...am almost ready for the nut house...lol....BUT I DIDN"T EAT!!!

I had B) mock danish with strawberries and whip cream.
L) chicken wings with brocolli slaw
D) chicken wings with more broccoli slaw fried in butter, salad, and whip cream and strawberries
S) rest of the chicken wings and the rest of the broccoli slaw fried...

K..I think I am chicken winged and broccoli slawed out for a while...

Ops...I forgot to mention...3 liters of water...I don't seem to be able to do much more than that lately...Also, when I eat the chicken wings, I have them with blue cheese dressing...Have not checked my calories lately...but I bet they are up there...

I'm thinkin' I will be eatin' a big ol T-bone tomorrow...Yum, yum!!!
  #188   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-02, 07:04

Stats: 179.6/179.6/144 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Talking I'm always pleasantly amazed

It is simply impressive how we are starting to all know each other and we have never even heard each others vioces.
Betty-still like the idea of the whoosh giggles, you are just a doll.
Princess- sorry, the only way I can understand why God takes the best to live with him, is to give those special few their reward in his heaven. I know this is not for us who are left behind, for us, the heart is heavy. May she be at peace in heaven. We are here for you when you are down, don't let that stop you from posting, we need you to need us too .
Skyspinner- what exactly is a fat fast???
j.- good for you and Bob, sounds like you have full support there, hope the b'day is a great success.
Michelle- Fantastic Girl!!!! 5 days wow, what a start, I'm soooooo proud of you, I know how many chioces you had to make to pull that off, congradulations.
Greg-Waaahhhhoooooo, just got to do the happy dance and send you a big ear breaking waaaaahooooo from Nova Scotia, you must be one happy guy.
Wendye- You are a woman of great will power, I always find eating out almost impossible, I never know if I'm ordering the right thing.
lil-I think that there is something in the air, my son had three days that I think there was an evil twin here instead of my cuddler, but my cuddler is back again. In September the weather isn't the only thing that is a little eratic, but they have both settled down now. I'm going to have salmon steak with a 1/4 cup of Classico Sundried Tomato Alfredo Sauce (<2grams) for lunch, and who knows it might be supper too, I have a tendency to get a run on things just like you. LOL.
So, thanks to the great support I recieved here yesterday, I am glad to say I restarted, I had good day, cheat free.
Bye for now Jo-Ann
  #189   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-02, 09:27

Stats: 179/174.5/140
BF:26%
Progress: 12%

hello everyone...

Well this weekend went EXCATLY like every other weekend so far..i cheated

I am okay though, and I am keeping on it. Today is a new day.
  #190   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-02, 09:27

hello everyone...

Well this weekend went EXCATLY like every other weekend so far..i cheated

I am okay though, and I am keeping on it. Today is a new day.
  #191   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-02, 09:30

oooops! I don't know what happened there....but anyway .

WE ARE NEVER GIVEN ANYTHING THAT WE CAN'T HANDLE ...

we were all given this challenge and we can handle it! great work everyone! week one down!

suz
  #192   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-02, 09:59

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 185/173/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Hi everyone, I am with Suz, not a good weekend for me at all, as a matter of fact the worse one I have had in a long time. I cheated, not just Friday night, but Saturday night as well, you guys need to beat me with a stick . Details are in my journal, or will be in about 5 minutes.
  #193   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-02, 10:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 243/217/140 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 25%

I didn't check in yesterday but I did stay cheat free and so far OK today too. Although last night I was really hungry for some reason. Finally just went to bed to avoid eating.

Hey Tanya, I checked out your journal before I came here. Sounds like the Zoo trip was fun. Don't beat yourself up, you're back on track now. Sometimes it's just so hard to say no, you know I understand.

Reading everyone's posts really helps to illustrate that this is a lifetime journey and an occasional slip is NORMAL, right?

Summer
  #194   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-02, 13:00

BF:

SkySpinner checking in for Sunday, September 8, 2002

Good day yesterday and down 0.2# this AM.

Hope you are all having a wonderful LC day....

Oh, the Fat Fast is in Dr. Atkins' books, and also on his website at http://atkinscenter.com/Archive/2001/12/21-237659.html It has worked for me when nothing else did!

Bye all......
  #195   ^
Old Sun, Sep-08-02, 13:11
Registered Member

Plan: low-carb avoid sugar
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5"2
BF:
Progress: 6%
Default Im in

The extra motivation of no cheating freinds will really help. When I woke up this morning I imagined myslef not cheating till Thanksgiving. That's 3 months!
huh.

Stuff to think about.