Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-02, 10:36

Plan: CAD
Stats: 205/198/165
BF:
Progress: 18%
Question Need some opinions....

Hello Everyone!!

I have been enjoying the LC WOE for about a month now and have lost 6 lbs. While I know I should be happy with any loss, it was not the results I was hoping for during my first few weeks (just because I have heard of others great success!!!)

I think it might be because I am not doing any program 100%. I am doing LC 100%, but it is a mix of Atkins, CAD and Protein Power. I am wondering if anyone else flips between programs and if so has it hurt your loss? I guess I just thought that as long as I didn't go over 20 carbs a day I was fine, but maybe that isn't the case.

I am also taking a multi-vitamin, but think maybe I need to incorporate more supplements, but I am not sure which. I know Atkins has several that they suggest, but the truth is I don't have the money to buy all the supplements. Are some better to take than others?

Thanks in advance for all your idea, thoughts and suggestions. I am by no means giving up on all of this, just wanting to know how I can do it better!!

Annie
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-02, 11:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/197/135
BF:
Progress: 35%

Annie,

I can empathize with the frustration of the slower weight loss, but it is great that you are losing! I think that I've read here that it is best to choose a plan and stick with it, which really makes the most sense -- mixing them might not get us the results we want. Hope this helps.

Peg
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-02, 12:10

BF:

any response helps. Thanks for your suggestion.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Sep-05-02, 17:22
Forum Moderator

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi there Coachwife,

I agree with Peg that it's better, especially in the early stages, to choose one plan and stick to it.

As for supplements, IMHO the most important ones, apart from a multivite, are calcium, magnesium and potassium.
Calcium and magnesium are best taken in a 2cal:1mag ratio, to give you a total of 1000:500 or 1500:750 if you are post menopausal.

You'll need about 400mg potassium at first, decreasing to around 100mg after the first few weeks. You can buy tablets - I think they're 99mg - or do as I do and take the cheap option of using potassium salt. No Salt or Nu Salt are available in supermarkets, stored with the "normal" salt.

HTH

Rosebud
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Sep-06-02, 09:36

BF:

thanks for your feedback Rose!! I think I am going to reread the plans again this weekend and decide which ONE to follow completely. I really appreicate your suggestions with the supplements. I will give them a try!!

Thanks again!!
Annie