Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Sep-02-02, 16:59

Plan: Whole Foods Since 2/02
Stats: 360.5/174.5/200 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%
Lightbulb Ulla Popken has nice things

for large gals who want to look professional/casual. They are online at WWW.ULLAPOPKEN.COM

They have a clearance section and their clothes run large, so you can buy your normal size andit should actually fit. Only problem I had with them when I would order from them in the past is that all their tank style tops and dresses have armpits that go down to my knees.

I don't know if you care for dresses, but I think they automatically make one look more well-dressed and can be quite professional, such as a shirt style dress in linen or linen blend fabric is nice in warm weather. You can get what are called "travel knits" that look nice without wrinkling and are easy to care for.

Buy quality clothing at reasonable sale prices and you can sell them later when they are too big on eBay and make back all or close to what you paid for it new most likely. I see women paying top dollar for items on eBay and at consignment shops for good used large size clothing.

Shirt dresses, tank dresses with a duster and some nice accessories will polish you up nicely. A scarf or 2, earrings and a few fancy pairs of shoes and you're good to go!

The poly blend pantsuits can be nice and will fit you longer than natural fiber, due to forgiving stretchiness. Some chunky-heeled loafers, a flared-leg pant with a cute 3/4 sleeve jacket and you've got a new look that will carry you in the office or after work.

Wow, I sound like Vogue magazine! I hope these suggestions help but I'm not the one that has to wear your wardrobe. If it's just about the money, spend a little now, get it back on eBay later to buy more new SMALLER clothes.
Sponsored Links