Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-28-02, 12:58
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188/164.5/150
BF:
Progress: 62%
Default I'm not hungry

I'm in my 3rd week, still following induction rules. I have to force myself to eat at least 3 meals a day. I'm averaging about 1200 calories a day and about 18 grams of carboydrates. It seems when I have eggs and meat for breakfast.......I don't have any hunger, but I do eat a dinner of meat and salad. It's 3PM and I just forced myself to have 1 slice of ham. Any one else have this problem?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Aug-28-02, 13:03

Plan: PP TKD CKD
Stats: 265/220/175
BF:
Progress: 50%

This is normal. Make sure you eat enough food anyway. It's risky to cut your calories down too far as your metab will slow down.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Aug-28-02, 20:01

Stats: 244/220/170 Female 65.4inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Yes, I certainly have this feeling. It is not unusual to not feel hungry until WELL after lunchtime if you had a protein breakfast. What a change from when we were eating carbs and were always hungry and out of control!

Do try to plan your meals and find ways of reminding yourself to eat something every few hours. You will not run into cravings or out-f-control eating if you do that.

#4   ^
Old Thu, Aug-29-02, 09:51
Registered Member

Stats: 165/140/130
BF:
Progress: 71%

As someone on this board reminded me once, you should view this as a blessing! For THE FIRST TIME, many of us are not revolving our lives around food and what and when to eat!! I don't worry about eating, and I don't have cravings that distract me during the day.

Sure, make sure you get your calories in (good oil, whipping cream, butter are all good ways of upping your intake), but also revel in the fact that food is no longer directing the course of your day!

-Jinkster
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Aug-30-02, 15:51
Registered Member

Plan: general LC
Stats: 169/148/135 Female 5' 7"
BF:**eh**
Progress: 62%

This is the first time in my life that I am not ruled by my cravings. I love not feeling hungry! Love it love it love it. I feel like a new person. Looking back I realized just how bad I was when it came to snacking. I snacked all the time. I know now how many carbs I ate without even "eating" . I don't graze the fridge anymore and I don't stand in front of the pantry looking for a quick snack.

I feel like I have been set free!

Imagine all the things we can get done when we are not thinking about food. I used to be happy to sit and watch TV eating a snack. That was fun for me at one time. Now I don't sit and watch TV unless it is something I really want to see, and I certainly do not eat anything.

I am happy you are having the same benefit as I am, Enjoy the freedom!
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Aug-31-02, 09:53

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Mattsgram.......

Isn't it wonderful to not be hungry and craving!!

I know from experience that it can be difficult to eat when you are just not hungry, but do keep in mind that it's eating that keeps your metabolism chugging along. When you don't eat, you indicate that there is a famine and risk having your body shift into conservation mode.

As you say that you are doing Atkins, keep his first rule of Induction in mind:

Quote:
1. Eat either three regular-size meals a day or four or five smaller meals. Do not skip meals or go more than six waking hours without eating.

HTH
Marlaine