Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#196   ^
Old Tue, Aug-20-02, 09:55

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 156/146/135
BF:
Progress: 48%

Hi Everyone:

I'm new to this forum and I just discovered this thread. Do you mind if I come to your gathering next Sunday? I'd like to meet some fellow low-carber Victorians and talk about where to get stuff. Thanks!

Nola
Sponsored Links
  #197   ^
Old Tue, Aug-20-02, 15:42
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Come one come all.... so do join us, Ruby.

By the way, dear LCLC ladies.... ReBar has a lovely menu ... if you're a VEGETARIAN or something

So why is this a particularly good choice for us lowcarbers? Somebody tell me?
  #198   ^
Old Tue, Aug-20-02, 15:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/218/144
BF:48/42.3/22
Progress: 26%

Hhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........YOU MEAN THERE'S NO MEAT???
  #199   ^
Old Tue, Aug-20-02, 21:00

Plan: trying low carb, hi fat /
Stats: 220/180/165 Female 5'11" / 71 inches / 178cm
BF:not tracking
Progress: 73%
Exclamation ATTN ALL MEAT EATERS: reeellllaaaaaaxxxx!!!!

We DONT have to go THERE...SHEESH!!
SOMEONE asked for SOMEONE ELSE to take charge & organize this little tiny outing & I KNOW rebar has good food DESPITE the fact they dont serve meat other than eggs & dairy BUT we dont have to go there we could go ANYWHERE as long as it is within the budget(aka my wallet is tight)and hey, if rebar is not LC-wise, lets try where my hubby works (Ferris' Osyter Bar & Grill which has great burgers & salads, chicken & lots of stuff BESIDES oysters...but beware of peanut allergies) OR we could oink out at Nautical Nellies, The Keg, a sushi place, or wherever BUT someone had better think of someplace we can all agree on by SUNDAY
HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE I'llll go maaaaad!
Kara
PS: But, in its defense, for a veggie place, it is pretty darn yummy! *giggle*
PPS: ...to quote myself from earlier:
"maybe check out Rebar"
  #200   ^
Old Wed, Aug-21-02, 13:38

Stats: 244/218/144
BF:48/42.3/22
Progress: 26%

It doesn't really matter to me...but I am not really much of a vegetarian fan....I would like to try the Oyster bar...where is it located Kara???
  #201   ^
Old Wed, Aug-21-02, 21:18

Talking ASAP RSVP RE: Ferris' Oyster Bar

It's only 1 to 3/4 block around the corner...
...from Rebar! (LOL)

I HAVE to make a reservation if we're going there, so I'll tentatively make it for 6 people, ok?
On the back patio if the weather's nice. Sound good? That should be plenty of room, right? Or are there way less than 6? PLS RSVP to this post!

Kara
  #202   ^
Old Wed, Aug-21-02, 21:18
Registered Member

Default Re: ATTN ALL MEAT EATERS: reeellllaaaaaaxxxx!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Kara
We DONT have to go THERE...SHEESH!!
SOMEONE asked for SOMEONE ELSE to take charge & organize this little tiny outing & I KNOW rebar has good food DESPITE the fact they dont serve meat other than eggs & dairy BUT ... if rebar is not LC-wise, lets try where my hubby works (Ferris' Osyter Bar & Grill which has great burgers & salads, chicken & lots of stuff BESIDES oysters...but beware of peanut allergies) ... HEE HEE HEE HEE HEE I'llll go maaaaad!
Kara
PS: But, in its defense, for a veggie place, it is pretty darn yummy! *giggle*

Oy! Speaking of relaxing! In my OWN defense, some of my best friends are vegetarians, heck one is a VEGAN!

It doesn't matter, it's SIMPLY as I actually said... I looked at the menu , and my long experience as an LCer says that almost every single dish is too hard to pick apart (except maybe the Caesar Salad, did I see a Caesar Salad?) to keep away from the whole wheat or the lentils. A number of our group are totally non-grain. It's NOT personal (any my cookery-kitchen fiend soul says those ARE good dishes, just very not-LC).

There you have it... We all have the email list, right? Ruby/Nola, I'll see if I can dig out your email and add it... nope, can't cuz it's not in your Profile, but if you want to post it here soonest, I'll add it to our LCLC List (Kara, I've just added you too) ..... we should always back up one of these little decision-making fests with the email anyway, as many of our little group don't check here as regularly as we'd like!

Last edited by IslandGirl : Wed, Aug-21-02 at 21:29.
  #203   ^
Old Wed, Aug-21-02, 21:31
Registered Member

Default Ferris' Oyster Bar

As long as I don't have to eat oysters.... yuck!

Sure, sign me up.
  #204   ^
Old Wed, Aug-21-02, 22:01

Unhappy I knew this would get all weird if I tried to organize it...*sigh*

#1) I get an email notification everytime this forum is modified...so should all of you, right? SO what's the diff I they read that or a sep email form me? ...*confused*

#2) I said originally that we could lookinto maybe checking our Rebar (I only picked it cuz it is healthy, and I realize now it was a poor choice), and people said "Yes" right away, and thankfully someone other than me checked out the menu & saw it was a bad fit for us, sooooooooo we move on to another site & no harm no foul. Ferris has LOTS to offer the carnivore & vegan alike, but there is a huge CARB factor on their side dishes (as is everywhere, I find). They do do reasonable substitutions. I WILL have to make a rsrvtn...any guess as to how many going SUnday? THIS sunday?
I dont know how to use the poll function.

#3)Are there any other local dwntn eating places we could meet that anyone would like to venture?
  #205   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-02, 06:55

Stats: 283.0/233.0/175.0 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 46%

Found out last night that my niece will be visiting this weekend so won't be able to join you this time.
  #206   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-02, 10:08

BF:
Default Sunday Lunch

Sorry, Judi, I have changed my options so that hopefully you can see my email address now. I'm still getting used to all the options on this forum so bear with me.

I'm definitely coming for Sunday lunch. I would prefer a meatier place than Rebar also. However, I rarely go out to eat so I don't really know of any. I would guess that somewhere like Earl's (Blanshard) or the Keg (on Fort) would do nicely. Keep me posted, thanks.

Nola
  #207   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-02, 22:01
Registered Member

Ruby/Nola, your email isn't showing in the publicly available profile (and that's alright, it's a security feature)... not to worry, I think I can find you in the LowCarb Canada email digest, right?

Kara, don't worry about it.
Your #1, well not everyone necessarily sets the email notification, or even if they do, doesn't know this "hello from another victorian" notification is specifically about an upcoming decision or lunch fest.
Your #2, it's no biggie, we'll just move on.
Your #3, Ruby's suggested a couple ... and all places that have 'normal' food have carby side dishes. period. and it'll be that way til I or someone else opens an LC bistro! the trick is finding a place where it's easier to pick apart or order sides or something.

I'm perfectly fine with Ferris', I haven't tried it yet. Guaranteed seats on the terrace sound good. That's 3 of us at least... and I'm pretty sure DizzyD (you AWAKE out there, D??) would be available.
  #208   ^
Old Fri, Aug-23-02, 09:34

Plan: PPLP (Intervention) Dilettante
Stats: //
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default I'm here.... sheesh!!!

My goodness, people are getting awfully excitable around here!!!
Kara, thanks to you for organizing. It's not getting weird, people are just voicing opinions, which is cool. Don't take it personally.

Sorry, I haven't been around any of the forums much and I think I must have gotten unsubscribed from this one... oops!
That would be the reason for the email group address for these things. I never would have known! Well, Judi would have told me, right?

So, Sunday, 1:00, some place I've never heard of for lunch. Sounds good to me. Where is this place exactly? I'll look it up in the phone book.

I have an email to answer so I'll see ya'll on Sunday!
  #209   ^
Old Fri, Aug-23-02, 09:38

BF:
Default Ferris' It Is Then?

I don't have email at home so I have to get these details figured out before I leave here at 5:00 today.

We seem to have decided to meet at 1:00 PM on Sunday at Ferris' Oyster Bar and Grill, 536 Yates. I'm counting four of us now. Correct?

Nola
  #210   ^
Old Fri, Aug-23-02, 10:00

Stats: 274/265/170 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

Depends on who the four are! Am I included in that?
Thanks for organizing this!
Victoria.