Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Aug-21-02, 11:53

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 165/165/135
BF:
Progress: 0%
Angry I Need Help

OK- I'VE STRAYED AWAY FROM THE DIET FOR 2 WEEKS NOW AND I THINK I AM READY TO START AGAIN . I GOT SO DISCOURAGED WITH IT BECAUSE I WASEN'T LOSING ANYTHING AFTER 3 WEEKS OF INDUCTION. TO MAKE IT SHORT - I NEED SOME OTHER PEOPLES INPUT ON HOW ATKINS WORKED FOR THEM??

Last edited by LUCKILAF : Wed, Aug-21-02 at 12:16.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Aug-21-02, 14:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/167/167 Female 167cm
BF:45%/25.5%/20%
Progress: 100%

Hi Lisa,

Good for you for giving it another go.

Judging by your stats you don't have all that much to lose, so your progress will be slower than those who have a lot to lose.

Start agan with induction, but before getting into it take all your measurements as well as weighing, because while the scale may not move much you could well be losing inches.

Start up a journal and post what you are eating so that we can help you tweek things if it doesn't work again. Have another read of the industion chapter of Dr A's book and follow it really closely.

And remeber to drink loads of water

Lesley
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Aug-21-02, 15:22

BF:
Thumbs up thanks

I look forward to trying it again! I'll keep my head up
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-02, 12:43

Stats: 235/225/130
BF:
Progress: 10%

Hi Lisa,

Ditto: What Lesley said! Just hang in there

Peace, K.C.
Attached Images
File Type: gif cathanging.gif (12.2 KB, 45 views)
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-02, 13:07

Stats: 210+/188/140 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 89%

Yes indeed. Start a journal. It helps big time. And then you can look back on it whenever you want and its easy for people to see your progress and give advice. Helped me a lot.

Also plan your meals the day prior or days prior to. That way you are less tempted to eat something else and stray. Always have LC snacks on hand and make sure if you have the ability to throw away all non-LC foods in the house... do so. Takes away temptation.

Also weigh in once a week or every couple weeks. This avoids discouragement. And yes, lots of water/fluids to flush out the bad stuff.

If you are craving sweets, have SF Jello. With some whipped cream if need be. That got me through many cravings.

Try to stay away from eating in restaurants as much. Its easier to follow the diet if you know exactly what you are eating. At least during induction. If you into ongoing then its a little bit easier.. more options and less worry if you do or don't eat the right thing.

Also, VARIETY VARIETY VARIETY. It is crucial not to get tired of what you are eating. Check for recipes every week and make something new. If you get tired of the diet again you will be more prone to cheat. I have 100's of recipes stocked up. Lots I've tried. And without the variety I don't think I would have made it.

But anyways, good luck. I'll be checking your journal. =)

Take care
Kirsten
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-02, 13:50

BF:
Talking

THANKS EVERYONE- IT HELPS ALOT TO SEE THAT I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE IN THE WORLD ON THIS DIET- IT JUST GETS SO HARD TO STAY ON IT WHEN YOUR ALWAYS AROULD THE NON-DIET TYPE OF PEOPLE- WISH I WAS BORN TO BE SKINNY- ANYWAYS-DON'T WE ALL- THANKS AGAIN!!