Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-02, 11:25

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 248/219.5/150 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 29%
Default Need modivation - Back Again!!

I started in January, lost 25+ lbs. and stopped. Well, not all the way. I gain only 2 lbs back

The same feelings I felt before, start to just creeped it's way back in to my life. Bloated, pain in ankles, etc.
Third day back - in ketosis -- Wha! OOooooW!

Need some kind and not so kind words!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-02, 12:42

Plan: PP/Atkins/PPLP
Stats: 224/192/150
BF:57%/42%/25%
Progress: 43%

Welcome back Mystery2u,

I just got some inspiration from Nat so I thought I would share some with you. I started low carbing over a year ago, I lost 25 lbs in the first 3 months, then I sat on the fence for 10 months. I gained and lost within a 5 lb range but basically I just maintained. I recently started seriously low carbing again to take off the rest of my weight.

The inspiration I can offer you is... make the commitment to this WOL, "if you want it bad enough you need to make it possible". Stay close to this forum, there are great people here to answer any questions you may have and offer support when you need it.
Remember how great you felt the first time around, all the positive health benefits, they are just around the corner, go for it!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-02, 13:22
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/228/180
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default Re: Need modivation - Back Again!!

Quote:
Originally posted by mystery2u
I started in January, lost 25+ lbs. and stopped. Well, not all the way. I gain only 2 lbs back

The same feelings I felt before, start to just creeped it's way back in to my life. Bloated, pain in ankles, etc.
Third day back - in ketosis -- Wha! OOooooW!

Need some kind and not so kind words!!!

Motivation?

How about the fact that you're overweight. All that extra weight means you are many more times likely to die earlier than you should!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-02, 13:38

BF:

Criscat,

WOW! That's good advice. I usually don't get offended easily, but I don't think it takes a rocket science to provide that information.

Unfortunately, I think most of us are fully aware of the pitfalls and consequences of being overweight and most of us don't do anything about it. Very similiar to smokers, cigerettes kill, but people still smoke.

Try being a little more thoughtful and a lot more tactful. Telling me that I would die sooner, is not going to help me leave the ice cream alone. Thank God I don't have to rely on your advice for support, because I would probably eat myself to death.

Try a more light-hearted approach, I'm sure you have a lot to offer.
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-02, 13:41

BF:

I guess that goes under - NOT SO KIND WORDS

You score a point Chriscat!!
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Aug-22-02, 13:49
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 245/228/180
BF:
Progress: 26%

You asked for not so kind and that's what you got. If you'd not asked for it, I wouldn't have said it.

My mother died of a heart attack. My grandmother died after heart surgery in Nov. My dad had bypass surgery in December.

Looking better is a huge deal to me, but the whole not-leaving-this-world-prematurely thing is more motivating than some picture from 10 years ago in which I looked pretty darn good.