Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View Poll Results: LC'ing and exercise
LC & exercise regularly (5x/week) - very successful with weight-loss goals 8 38.10%
LC & exercise regularly (5x/week) - minimal success with weight-loss goals 5 23.81%
LC & exercise moderately (3x/week) - very successful with weight-loss goals 2 9.52%
LC & exercise moderately (3x/week) - minimal success with weight-loss goals 2 9.52%
LC & almost never exercise - very successful with weight-loss goals 1 4.76%
LC & almost never exercise - minimal success with weight-loss goals 0 0%
LC only - very successful with weight-loss goals 0 0%
LC only - minimal success with weight-loss goals 1 4.76%
Other (please explain) 2 9.52%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

#1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 09:27
Registered Member

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/-
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default Poll: How many combine LC'ing with regular exercise?

We all know that every eating program recommends exercising as a key component to healthy living. However, how many of you actually do it? I'm curious to hear people successes and non-successes with & without regular exercise.

So... if you've successfully lost a lot of weight with no exercise, or you've done LC'ing "by the book" with exercise and are seeing only minimal results - post here! I'm really really curious!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 12:25

Plan: TSP/PPLP/low-cal/My own
Stats: 250/209/150 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%

Hi, Lunula. I chose other becaue "minimal success" and "very successful" just don't cut it for me. About 2 months ago, I started exercising 5 days a week (I've been LCing for over 6 months). If anything, it may have contributed to my weight reduction slowdown. However, I would say that I have been moderately successful.

Plus, I don't see exercising as part of LCing. I am exercising now because it feels good. Before LCing, I never ever enjoyed exercising. Even when I weighed less. But now, with all this energy I get from LCing, I can't help but exercise. It just feels too good.

;-Deb
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 12:35
Registered Member

Plan: -
Stats: -/-/-
BF:
Progress: 23%

Hehe, the "minimal" or "very" successful are for you to judge. I really didn't mean it as a definite metric or anything, just how you feel about your weight-loss, rate of loss, how energetic you feel, etc.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 13:16

Plan: Southbeach (Phase 2)
Stats: 162/160/130 Female 5'3"
BF:32/%/?/20%
Progress: 6%

Last week I added cardio 4 or 5 days/wk to my M/W/F weight training days. I am already seeing a slight change in the way my thighs look (in a good way). I'm just trying not to be preoccupied with the scale.
I think that the cardio was the missing link to my weight loss. Ask me in a couple of weeks!
Judi
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Aug-13-02, 15:56
Registered Member

Plan: protein power
Stats: 197/188/155
BF:22 %
Progress: 21%

i chose other as well because i don't think a 7 pound weight loss in over 4 weeks is very good, but i am tenacious and willing to stay the course. the thinner i get the more willing and able i am to excercise. it aim to do 30 minutes a day and try to improve in vigor each week.
today i did just 10 minutes of strength training, 25 minutes of dancing and 5 minutes of stretching. i felt so good afterwards i mopped the kitchen, dining room, hallways and both bathrooms. so i probably ended up getting a really good caloric burn...
vendala
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Aug-15-02, 08:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/205/145 Female 5' 9-1/2"
BF:
Progress: 37%

After working out sporadically for the last 2 years (and losing 40 pounds), I started being more consistent a few months ago. Six days a week I do a cardio workout before breakfast and three days a week I also work out with weights.

The scale hasn't shown much loss in that time, but I am definitely losing fat; either that or my clothes are growing.

That makes sense, because muscle weighs more than fat, so when you replace fat with muscle you could actually gain weight and still be thinner according to the tape measure or the pants-o-meter.

I have decided to ignore the scale and keep exercising and low carbing, because being thinner is more important to me than a number on the scale. I know it will all even out eventually.

Karla