Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-31-02, 10:29

Plan: atkins
Stats: 140/137/128
BF:
Progress: 25%
Angry help new low carbo and need sweets

I just started the low carb diet and I am going to die if I don't get something sweet!! Help
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-31-02, 10:45

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

bblondie, Hi and welcome to the forum. I've moved your post to the general LC board from "breakfast ideas"

Wanting sweets while starting LC is normal. It's all part of carb withdrawal. Stick to protein rich foods and be sure to eat when hungry - this will go a long way to quelshing those cravings. Remember, it really is all in your head and if you can wait it out a few days you'll feel a lot better.

Why not stop by the "Introduce Yourself" forum and tell us a little more about who you are?

Nat
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-02-02, 15:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/162.4/150
BF:
Progress: 73%
Default sweets

Sugar-free jello is a "sweet" treat that I enjoy. It also seems to satisfy an occasional desire for fruit. I like to make sugar-free peach jello, and substitute cream for part of the cold water in the recipe. It makes a yummy "peaches 'n cream" dessert.

G.P.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Aug-02-02, 19:00
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Smile

Hi Bblondie,

Are you taking any supplements?
I found that taking chromium and L-Glutamine made a big difference in my sweet cravings.

I used to be a world class chocoholic, and the supps really helped me get through those first few weeks. I haven't yearned for anything sweet in months.

Hang in there, and as Nat said, when the cravings hit, eat some protein. It helps!

Rosebud
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Aug-02-02, 22:17

Plan: PP TKD CKD
Stats: 265/220/175
BF:
Progress: 50%

I love the pure delite chocolate bars.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Aug-03-02, 00:21
Registered Member

Plan: Dr.Atkins
Stats: 160/160/140
BF:
Progress:
Cool hey blondie

I'm quite new to this low- carbing also. I have got my nephew onto it also and its fun having a buddy. I find help here with this forum the people are great and it gives us a boost along the way.

For sweets have you tried the Zero Carbs sugar free chocolate bars? I have a piece of this chocolate when I want something sweet.

I am from Australia and find it difficult to get the types of food that some of the people here talk about. Sugar free Jelly is also a good standby for something sweet. I always have that made up in the fridge.

Keep on trying its worth it at the end of the day.

Cheers.
Karen.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Aug-03-02, 00:23
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:
Smile hey Rosebud

Hi there Rosebud,

Just noticed you are from Brisbane Australia!!
I am from there also. Which part are you from?

Cheers.
Karen.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Aug-03-02, 00:38
Forum Moderator

BF:
Smile

Hi Kaz,

I live in Woolloongabba.
Not sure how I've missed seeing you before.
Do you know about our Australia/New Zealand forum? Worth checking out I think.

Also, how about starting up a journal here? I'll come and "visit" you there. Here is the info on how to start a journal.

Feel free to visit my journal any time. Just click the little "journal" icon at the bottom of my post.

Cheers,

Roz
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Aug-03-02, 00:43
Registered Member

BF:
Progress:
Default Hi Rosebud

Hey there,
I am in Capalaba.
I have only been L-Carbing for a short time again after failing the first time, but I'm back on track now.

I didn't know about the Aust/NZ forum, where do I find this please? I'll also have to start a journal. Computers is all new to me also. teehee!!! So it's all a learning process for me.

Talk to ya soon.

Cheers.
Kaz
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Aug-03-02, 01:07
Forum Moderator

BF:

Hi Kaz,

At the bottom of the page, you'll see a little doovy called "forum jump." Press the little arrow, then scroll down (or keep pressing the arrow) until you come to Australia/New Zealand. Press that and you'll go to the Oz/NZ forum.
The other way to do it is to go to the main page (Hit "Active Low Carber Forums" at the top of the page), and scroll down till you reach the Oz forum.

You can reach "My Journal/Bootcamp" the same way. You'll want Journals K to L, 'cos they're in alphabetical order according to user names.

Off you go!

Roz
  #11   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-02, 20:09
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 220/175/165
BF:
Progress: 82%

I have to have a sweet fix about every other day. I find the sugar-busters fudge popsicles are great. I also just love the atkins endulge bars.

I figure If this is to be my new way of life, I need to find the foods that meet my cravings but don't hurt my need to lose weight.

I'm not in this to suffer!!! I'm here to lose weight and then continue an enjoyable and satisfying maintanance !!!

Hossdoc