Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-02, 05:16
Registered Member

Plan: Nutritionist's Plan
Stats: 178/178/130
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi Gang,

Still holding strong with the rest of the group. My naturally skinny fiance (annoying, but we love him) brought home bakery cookies last night. They smelled heavenly, but I did not indulge because of the committment to this group and myself! Thank you all!!!!

My wedding shower is scheduled next Saturday, the 17th. I would love to be out of the 60's by then! That would be the best gift of all! I need to start walking some more, also.

So, Sally, like you, I'm chasing the '50's!!!!

Wendy
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-02, 05:35

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 305/221/180 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 67%
Wink Day 4 was a no cheat beginning day 5....

Good Morning fellow NO CHEATERS. DonnaJ, as Sally posted that was a NO CHEAT I'm sure 7 carbs did you eat just meat all day??

Okay so far so good, stomach has gone down a lot but I am staying off the scales eventually I may get on the scales, but only if I really want to.

For lunch yesterday I could not find anything I really wanted so I make myself two eggs and some canadian bacon.
For dinner I had a delicious hamburger steak and a salad with some mayo and a squrt of 3-cheese dressing, yummmmmmmy. Drank over a gallon of water yesterday and the weather is still nice and cool, yes!!!!!!!!!!!
Sounds as if everyone is doing great so lets all hang in there. Everyone have a wonderful day..Love to all joan
  #78   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-02, 07:27

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 185/173/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Good morning gang. Well, day 5..........here we come. I had an Atkins advantage bar for breakfast this morning..........not the best choice, but I was running and it was there, so I grabed it. Oh, well, I'll do better tomorrow. Have a great NO CHEAT LC day.........bye for now...
  #79   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-02, 07:29

Plan: Pregnant
Stats: 318.5/276/190 Female 5 9
BF:
Progress: 33%

DONNA
7g of carbs is NOT ENOUGH. You need at least 20g! I think its great you didnt cheat but you have to eat!

Keep up the great work everyone!

Vicki
  #80   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-02, 07:50
OSU Cowboy Fan

Plan: Lapband/low carb
Stats: 248/169/145 Female 5'6"
BF:42/29/25
Progress: 77%
Default Day 5

Well, I came close this morning to cheating, when I walked into work and smelled the fresh baked sausage rolls, in homemade bread.....but, I opted for the protein shake and now I feel good. I didn't cheat, I kept it together and said "no thank you". Feels good not to cheat!

I'm not sure if I'm losing, but I sure feel like it. I am staying off the scales until the end of the month, and just focussing on eating right, no cheating, and trying to get back to my exercise program.

Bye all!

Last edited by sunshine2 : Thu, Aug-08-02 at 08:14.
  #81   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-02, 08:13

Plan: atkins
Stats: 250/198/170
BF:unknown
Progress: 65%
Default Hello all

Now I have been LCing since june and I haven't cheated I would like to get into this thread. I mainly stay at 20 to 25 gms of carbs a day. I do alot of exercise. I am just now figureing out the fiber carb relationship. I really enjoyed the list posted back a few days ago. I belong to another thread. and I am trying to get them to agree to no cheating to labor day.

The only thing that has me concerned is the title so when labor day comes we cheat.LOL

just kidding.

cya Greg
  #82   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-02, 09:22

Stats: 220/160.4/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 99%
Talking Good Wonderful Morning Everyone!!!!

ARE WE READY FOR DAY 5!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Greg ... Welcome to the group ... normally Cher would be here .. but she must be feeling under the weather again .. poor girl ..
Lol ... on the after Labor day Cheat .. no .. this originally started out as a No Cheat Til Christmas ... but that was scary .. so it then turned into smaller time frames .. and she came up with "No Cheat Til Labor Day" ... which was less scarey ....!!!!

Sounds like you're doing wonderfully ... just keep up the excellent work !!!!!
Sunshine... Congrats on the bypassing of the Sausage rolls in HM bread ... and sticking to your protien shake ... that must've been tough ... but you can pat yourself on the back and give yourself an "Attagirl" .... .... Good job!!!!
Vicki ... You and those 20 carbs .. hmmmmm??? tell me more .. you really are catching my interest ... ...

Tanya ... Hmm ... and Atkins bar ... obviously those are low carb .. how are their tastes .. I've seen them in the store, and have often wanted to pick up a couple just for that "sweet tooth" kill ... I usually grab "Carb Solutions" .. but they really confuse me .. because in one store they average 14 g carbs, and in other stores .. what I think is the same thing .. they average 2 g carbs ???? I always thought I picked up the same ones in either place .. but since I got stuck once, I REALLY closely read the labels on them .. and I usually don't have them often, but they (especially the peanut butter chocolate) are really rich and really take care of the sweet tooth the few times I get one!!!

But you're doing great .. Keep it up ...
Joan ... My sweet Joan ... I'm gonna be really surprised if the scale doesn't show a difference by the time you get to your weigh in ... you're losing your belly ... this is wonderful!!!! and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!!!!

3 cheese dressing???? hmmmmm??? that sounds really yummy??? Who makes it??? Or is it a private Louisville secret ...
You're doing great .. and I still love your new lease on life lately .. Keep it up!!!!

Wendy ... Chase me if you can!!!!! ... see ya in the 150's ... Don't worry .. I've got a sweet happy hubby that does that too .. well .. he's no longer naturally thin .. but he loves junk food, and brings it in all the time .. and then offers some to me .. he's been laying low, because I told him I'm involved in this challenge !!! So he's been better .. but he still brings that stuff into the house .. (but like ya said .. gotta love 'em ) and after 25 years .. don't want to start training all over again!!!

Wedding shower huh ??? Can I come too!!!!???? .. me too meeee tooo!!!!! Hope you have areally good time!!!!

Richard... My on line sweetie!!! Sounds like you're doing really good .. I think you'll make your Mini-goal by labor day ... Eat when you're hungry .. hmmmm??? what a concept ... ... Keep it up sweetie!!!!!
Linda ...Excellent - that you had another No cheat day !!! Great job!!!! I bet we're all gonna see some difference by Labor day!!!!

OKAY EVERYONE ... LET'S HAVE A GREAT DAY 5!!!!!!!!

Talk to you all later ...
Love ya all!!!
You're favorite residential Cheerleader!!!!!
  #83   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-02, 09:28
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 222/168/135
BF:41/33/20
Progress: 62%

No cheats for me either!! We are all doing great!!!
  #84   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-02, 09:30

BF:

Hi Sally
I learned the 20g carbs for NAT. She is always telling people that since a lot of people believe 0 carbs is best. I am a true believer. A few times I ate too few carbs and felt like doo doo. If you read the ATkins book, we NEED 20g of carbs at minimum. You need carbs for processes in teh body-they should mostly come from veggies, fruits and salads. If you dont eat enough carbs (ie 7g) you are going to feel like crap, no energy and your body is going to "shut down" because it will try and conserve everything because it thinks it is starving. Just my 2 cents. Ill look for Nats post on it. I know we are all trying to lose weight, but we need at LEAST 20g carbs a day!

You are kicking some LC booty my friend! Keep up the good work.

Vicki
  #85   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-02, 09:32

Plan: Back to Modified Atkins
Stats: 198/185/135
BF:
Progress: 21%

Alright Sally.....I'm on your heels! I lost 2 lbs since the no cheat! WHOOOOOSH Isnt' this the greatest?

I even went to a movie last night and managed NOT to eat popcorn (my total biggest temptation). YIPPEEEEEEEEE

Yesterday:
B: 2 Eggs
L: 1/2 Sandwich (Atkins Lo-carb bread: 3 carbs) Turkey/Provolone
D: Turkey Burger patty with sliced Cheddar
S: 3 Slim Jim Beef Jerky's

DOWN 2 POUNDS!!! ADIOS MUCHACHO!

Love to all!

Heather
  #86   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-02, 09:35

Plan: CAD
Stats: 228/128/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 114%

HI GUYS!!

No cheating for me either but the whoosh fairy has
LEFT THE BUILDING!!!!!!!!!!!! For me, anyway!
Looks like others have found her though!! Great job!
Still 162. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrr.

Sheila
  #87   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-02, 09:50

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 185/173/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Ok guys, going out to lunch woth some co-workers. Chinese buffet, they di have grilled pork chops, steak and chicken. Will stick with that and maybe little veggies. Wish me luck, I know I can do this and not get into something I am not suposed to.
  #88   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-02, 09:50

Stats: 220/160.4/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 99%
Talking

Vicki ... Thank you so much for your information ... even though I've never held less that 25 carbs for any length of time, I can see that may have been what happened when my scale decided not to play nice this morning ...Thank you so much .. now I learned something new for the day .. don't have to learn anything else today ... I already learneded it .. .. (ooooo my head hurts)
Corrie... Good job with the no cheats!!!! keep it up .. at least we have the major inspiration of this thread !!!
Pepper ... Catch me if you cannnn ... (sings with a sing song voice)... Great job .. Whooshing is sooo much fun.. 'specially since I've been stuck for so long!!!! Great job ... Try and pass me - my friend!!!!

Shiela... My pretty Shiela .. don't feel bad .. my body doesn't wanna seem to let loose of the 160's either ... grrrrrrr but I will win this battle .. and so will you!!!! ... Good job at no cheating!!!!

Talk later all!!!
  #89   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-02, 11:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 230/136/145 Female 5'8.5"
BF:33.95/24.51/20
Progress: 111%
Default Day 5...and we haven't cheated...woo hoo us!

Day 5 and I haven’t cheated…Yea

Sorry for not checking in the past 2 days…I had 2 days of relentless pain…but, I was thinking about this challenge and was determined not to cheat…and the payoff…is… I woke up at 166.5 WOW!..

Richard…I’m so glad that you checked in…you’re such a part of the family…is that a new picture in your avatar? …it’s very cool! P.S., that omelet looks pretty good. I think I’ll make one this morning. P.S…you’ve only got 29 pounds to go to be out of the 500’s…I know you can make it. You’ve done such an awesome job! Yea Richard!

Linda…I consider 34 carbs as a really good day…sometimes I’m at 40 or 45…I stretch it a little…cause I want my body to adjust to eating the carbs. But, it’s mostly through fruits (at least one in the morning) and a lot of veggies.

Wendy…it sounds like your ding great. I can’t believe you woke up at 4am…wow…that must be why I’m waking up earlier (being squeaky clean with out food). Congratulations on not indulging on those bakery goods last night. I think that’s when it’s really hard…when they’re brought into the home. But, you did it…Way To Go! Oh…how fun…a wedding shower on the 17th…I know you’re going to feel great on that day.

Tanya…wow …52 pounds…that’s pretty awesome! I know you can make it through that Chinese lunch today…I have so much faith that you’ll do really well! P.S., Welcome to the "no cheat" thread it sounds like you’re already doing great…but, we love the fact that you’re here anyway (cool). That jazzercise must be a great way to get exercise in…how fun. Have you ever made Flaxmeal pancakes? I made them last week and yum they were pretty good. P.S. congratulations on that 120 ounces of water…WTG!

Joan…We’re on Day 5………We CAN do this! I was reading your suggestions on water and I realized that adding a lot of ice makes it easier for me to drink….I wonder if that’s just because it’s colder or, if there’s something in the ice I’m craving…humm. Congratulations on your exercising routine…you and Marlaine are so good at that. I will start exercising soon. Last few days have been too painful…but, the 3 days of cardio…I know I can do that.. Humm…Fiber…I know veggies have a lot of fiber…but, what else…maybe Sally or marlaine can help with that one. You could add a fiber supplement?

Hulagirl….welcome to this group and wow congratulations on that 3 pound whoosh. How inspirational for all of us who are not cheating…lol

Sally…160….wow! You’re awesome. I know you know this but…I just love your posts…they are always sooooo cute. you’ve done such a great job of leading everyone here…without your enthusiasm and computer skills I don’t know what we’d do. I really like the ideal of an accumulated weight in to see how we’ve done. I don’t want anyone to feel scared about that…but, all of those who would love to participate…wouldn’t that be cool. Wow…spagetti squash hashbrowns…that sounds pretty good. P.S…. I’m totally so proud of you too!

Marlaine…isn’t it cool that we can have our LC treats…and they’re really good. I know you can break that stall (plus…it’s just probably all those muscles coming out). You’ve done such an awesome job…remember when we were in the 190’s. Wow! I’m just constantly amazed at how this program works.

VictoriaT….Hi and welcome to this thread (sorry I was a little late welcoming you). But, I’m so excited that you’re with us on this adventure. Yea for Victoria for joining the "no cheat" challenge………verrrrrrrrrry cool!

Heather…..so glad you’re still with us on this no cheat challenge…woo hoo way to go!
Congratulations on that 2 pounds that went away…doesn’t that feel great! And, that’s a great idea….having DH hide the scale until Friday! P.S. congratulations on not giving into the popcorn at the movies…you’re doing great!

Corrie…yea…glad you found this link…we’re glad you’re with us…welcome (and thanks again Sally for all your links so people can find us).

Carol…I also envy all of those who are exercising cause they get the benefit of well toned muscles as well as fat loss. However, I am going to start slowly again…either walking or doing the bike just to get in those 3 days of cardio. I know I can do this…I know I can, I know I can! Oh how fun, your DH’s 25th class reunion…that is a good reason not to cheat.

DonnaJ…glad to hear that the water retention is still going away (Yea Donna). Thanks for putting up the list of fiber foods…Asparagus, broccoli and cauliflower and nuts are some of my favorites). I might be getting more grams of fiber than I thought. I need to watch how I’m doing in Fitday.

Raw Sienna…I’m so glad that you found the link, and that you’re with us.

Lessara…….we can do this…congratulation on making the 4 days…if you can make it 4 days you can make it the 5th (today) woo hoo…we are doing great! Welcome to the group.

Sunshine2…yea…4 days of no cheating..isn’t that awesome…and now, day 5…we’re almost at one week. We can do this. Congratulations on passing up the goodies at the office…WTG Sunshine!

Greg….yum…thanks for the recipe…I think I’ll try it with Shrimp…thanks for leaving it here. I’m glad you’re joining the thread AND that you haven’t cheated at all. My thoughts (personally) is not to cheat on labor day either…lol…but, I just wanted to see all of us get through 30 days without cheating so we could feel good about ourselves…and maybe even see the whoosh fairy a few times.

Sheila…yea…we’re all on day 5. Don’t worry, the whoosh fairy will be back very soon. Remember you and Richard had her for a long time…lol…she’ll be back really soon…cause you’re being so good!
  #90   ^
Old Thu, Aug-08-02, 11:12

BF:

Hi Cher
Thanks for the welcome
And...
congrats on the woosh

This is a great thread!!!

Keep up the good work everyone!