Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Aug-06-02, 03:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 120/120/105
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default A bit about me

Greetings all. I'm a new/old low-carber...I started experimenting with low-carbing after reading Dr. Atkin's book last year. I tried the Atkins diet, Carbohydrate Addicts, Protein Power, Sugar Busters, and found that Atkins was the most effective for me. I stayed on the diet until early this year, when I found myself missing carbs and thinking that maybe low-fat would be the better way to go for me. Of course it wasn't, and after that I sort of threw in the sack and gave up on dieting altogether. After months of feeling and looking terrible, I've found myself missing the health and physical benefits of low-carbing, and have made a firm commitment to return to the Atkins plan. I think the mistake I made last time was not giving myself enough variety with the foods I was eating, which resulted in me becoming very bored with the diet and of course losing motivation. So this time, I'm out to educate myself more on low-carb cooking and meals, and stick with the way of eating that I know works for me!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Aug-06-02, 09:22

Stats: 351/316/160
BF:
Progress: 18%

Congrads and welcome back Jewel,

Well since you tried the gammet of widely used low-carb plans, it sounds like you have the one for you. Becoming educated and searching out new recipes is definately the key to sticking with ANY meal plan. If you become bored with the food then the old "bad" choices will start looking good again.

I am sure you will succeed at whatever you set your mind to. The first few days are the hardest remember, but you can get through that and break the carb addictions...caffeine..sugar...whichever was your food of choice .

For some new ideas don't forget to go to the recipes online. There are some very good recipe ideas there.

good luck,

damaraq
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Aug-06-02, 09:24

Plan: My own
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default Welcome back to low-carbing!

Hi Jewel -

Welcome to this forum...you must have a lot to offer after trying so many different plans--your expertise will be appreciated!

If you are looking for recipes there are a ton of them here (check the link the low-carb recipes above) as well as the Kitchen:Low-carb Recipes forum which is full of great ideas.

Good luck and welcome again!

Lisa
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Aug-06-02, 10:02
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 117/115/105
BF:
Progress: 17%

Hi Jewel,

I am just few minutes "newer" than you.

I have also read a number of low carb books like the zone and suzanne somer's somersizing, but my favorite is atkins...perhaps becoz it's my first low carb book.

Since we have similar weight profile, (i have around 15 pounds to lose, want to go down to 105 ) I would like to see if you are interested in getting a buddy...

i will start the diet on wednesday aug 7

Ally
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Aug-06-02, 12:36

Stats: 120/120/105
BF:
Progress: 0%

Thank you all for your encouragement, its much appreciated and needed when starting off like this! Ally, I think we'd make perfect buddies seeing as our goal weights are so close. Are you making a journal?
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Aug-07-02, 01:28
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 117/115/105
BF:
Progress: 17%

Hi Jewel!

Yap, i do have started my journal!

....it's now 330pm hk time. and i am so hungry

are you doing ok on your side?

ally
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Aug-07-02, 20:36

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 220/160.4/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 99%
Talking Hi Jewel .. (and Ally too!!!)

You definatly stumbled into a most excellent site .. the people here really know their stuff .. and we're all in the same boat ...

Then, of course .. there's people like me ..

don't know much about the technical stuff, but come in, have fun, and learn something all at the same time

I'm also part of the CHEERING squad ....

Hope to see you around ..
and hope to talk later