Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-02, 07:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 258/235/200
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default pre-made breakfast???

Breakfast is by far my hardest meal to cope with. I leave for work very early and try to stay quiet for the wife and kids. I don't eat breakfast till around 7am. Does anybody or has any body tried making scrambled eggs the the night before and reheating them the next morning? Do they taste the same? Are they acceptable health-wise? Help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-02, 08:43

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 326/280/155 Male 5'6
BF:37
Progress: 27%

Bojake,

When I was going to seminary in Philadelphia, I had to get up at 5 am to get there by 7:30 am. I didnt have any time to cook breakfast so I always dropped by McDonald's and grabbed a coule 99 cent breakfast sandwhiches. Well, since they were 99 cents I would grab 3.

That was enough to feel me up. It was 3 dollars but hey, it was a quick breakfast!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-02, 08:50

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Bojake,

You can actually eat anything you want for breakfast....not just eggs People tend to get caught in this "breakfast=eggs" thing.

Provided you stay low carb you can eat anything you want for breakfast. As for the cooking eggs the night before I don't see why not. I mean Jimmie-Dean and Owen's makes those breakfast biscuits found in the freezer sections and they have eggs in them. I am sure if you over cook them they would be pretty rubbery.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-02, 09:39
Registered Member

Plan: Atkin's
Stats: 150/120/120
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default Sure you can make them at night and

then reheat them in the morning. That's fine, they don't tast too bad either. If your in a BIG hurry try those Atkin's shakes in a can. I will be starting school in a month or so and that's what I plan on doing. They are good and healthy for you!!!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-02, 10:09
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 275/237/210
BF:
Progress: 58%

Mornings are death to me.. I dont function.. I am not a morning person at all.. So I premake my breakfast..

Here is my pre-made quickest ones..

2 eggs w/ 1 scoop cotttage cheese... mixed and cooked in a pan. This will make a kinda pancake/omlet/french toast tasting thing. I wrap that sucker around some sausage links.. and freeze..

pop it in the microwave in the morning and use my SF syrup as a dipping sauce... nuke up some bacon I premade and a hunk of cheese... I can even take it in the car if I am really running late (dumb snooze button!)..

I premake usually about 3 days worth of breakfast at a time.. and than fridge/freeze them..
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jul-30-02, 10:16
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%
Smile What a great idea!

That actually sounded really good, got to try it!
I'm a shake person as well, though this week, with my children on vacation with my parents, I have been having left overs.. oh what a nice change that was!!