Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-26-02, 09:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 265/253.5/160
BF:
Progress: 11%
Cool Good Morning fellow Low Carbers!

Food Morning!

I'm Susan from Texas and I'm a carb addict. I've been on Atkins for two weeks now, and it's been great!

I used to have problems sleeping through the night and since Day One, I've had no problems. My skin has really shaped up too - I can really call it peaches and cream!

Interestingly, while I haven't lost that much weight yet - only about 8-9 pounds, I'm already down a size in clothes. And I seemed to have lost one of my chins too... If you find it, you can keep it ;-)

Any other low carbers in the DFW area?

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jul-26-02, 09:38

Plan: My own
Stats: -/-/- Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default LOL...I'm no where near DFW...

But I do have the pleasure of being the first to say welcome to lowcarber.org...this is a great place to ask questions and give and receive lots of incredible advice.

Congratulations on your loss...8-9 pounds is incredible. You may want to think about taking measurements and using those to check your progress. Sometimes weight loss seems to stall while inches are disappearing.

Lisa
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jul-26-02, 09:59

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

great to have you here! Not from Dallas, either, but I know we do have Texans here.

Yes, LCing is great for the skin. Oiliness disappears and the extra dietary fat keeps the skin supple and young-looking. Who can complain about that!

I'm glad to hear your sleep is so much better.

Just FYI, the average weight loss seems to be 10% of the amount to lose during induction (the initial big loss, which can happen in a week for some people, over three weeks for others). After that, about 1% of excess weight per week will come off on average, but there will be weeks when the scale doesn't budge. That's normal! Often the first no-loss week comes just after the induction loss, and most women still have a TOM stall (so many of us stay off the scale a week out of every month).