Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-24-02, 19:50
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 122/131/105
BF:26%/25%/18%
Progress: -53%
Default Will I ever see TOM again?

Hi all! I have been on this WOE for 47 days. I started the day after TOM left and haven't seen him since. I've always been on a 26 day schedule, so that makes me about 23 days late.

I haven't been too worried because I knew that drastic changes in WOE can affect TOM. I am just wondering when I am going to see him again. How long does it usually take to get back on track?

Also, I have read on this board that women tend to lose during the first two weeks of their cycle and then "stall" for the last two weeks, then a whoosh when TOM leaves.

I haven't really lost anything since the first couple of weeks. I am wondering if it is because I have been in the last part of my cycle for a month now.

I am not worried enough to go to the doctor. There is NO chance that I am pregnant and Insurance won't cover it until September anyway.

Any advice? Thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jul-24-02, 21:01

Stats: 196/137/130 Female 65.5
BF:Unknown
Progress: 89%

Hi Shasta,

I had the same experience. My TOM was delayed for three weeks then it came along but was very light. I had a huge woosh after as well. I'm sure you'll be back on track soon. Happy LCing.

Betsy
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-25-02, 09:49
Contributing Member

Plan: lowcarb .
Stats: 160/141/127 Female 5'6"
BF:it"s for SALE!
Progress: 58%

I missed my TOM for THREE months!! Not to worry, it will return. Mine returned mid cycle...about day 14 into the fourth month.

I usually gain a little during tom...but the last time I had it I upped my water and....lost 2 pounds...LOL.
Every body is different. I usually stall out anyways....too many yo-yo diets in my past. I also tend to slow down on the exercises and up the cream(whipped with cocoa and splenda or lemon and splenda...hehehe) on my special week...this would cause my body to slow down too.

Not to worry. Also...look under the "sticky note" in newbies questions...there is alot of info about missed menstral cycles in there.

cin
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jul-26-02, 02:24
Registered Member

Stats: 122/131/105
BF:26%/25%/18%
Progress: -53%
Talking Thank you!!!!

I feel so much better. I can't imagine missing TOM for 3 months though. That might mean that I won't lose any more weight until then! That would suck!

I am going on a cruise in November and would like to have an idea where I am going to be on my cycle. You know, 7 days in a bathing suit.....Plus, I would like to lose some weight before then. I wouldn't be seen in a bathing suit looking like I do now. UGH!

I guess there's nothing I can do but be patient. Unfortunately, although patience is a virtue, it's not a virtue of mine. LOL!

#5   ^
Old Fri, Jul-26-02, 10:00
Contributing Member

Plan: lowcarb .
Stats: 160/141/127 Female 5'6"
BF:it"s for SALE!
Progress: 58%

Not getting your period...or should I say...throwing it out of wack shouldn't interrupt your weightloss.

drink your water....lots of water and you will be wonderful!

cin
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jul-26-02, 13:34

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 186/186/140 Female 52 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

WOW wish i could loose my TOM for 3 months... id be tickled pink.. I had the oppisite reaction.. My tom stayed on time but much heaver than normal at first.. now its back to its orginal self.. a pain ... But this month was heavy .. and a few days early.. your body will get straightened out shortly

Tammy