Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-22-02, 10:05

Plan: TSP/PPLP/low-cal/My own
Stats: 250/209/150 Female 63.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default Organic Butter

I just made the jump to organic butter this weekend, and all I have to say is WOW! It tastes so much better, richer, more flavorful. I made sure I got one that said that the cows were grazed, it improves the nutrient content if they are.

I decided to make the change based on a post somewhere on this site that explains the benefits and some of the differences. One of the things mentioned in the article is that the butter will be different colors (more or less yellow) depending on the time of year. This is because of the cattle's grazing on grasses that are in different stages of development during the year.

The butter also has less moisture and melts at a lower temperature. If you haven't tried organic butter, I truly recommend it. It's more expensive (of course), but the flavor and increased nutrients make it worth every penny.

;-Deb
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jul-22-02, 10:32

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 168/168/155 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi Deb,
Your photo looks great! Yes, I use organic butter and I love it too! It's very rich. I found organic heavy cream too! We are very fortunate to have such good grocery stores here in San Diego. Take care and keep up the good work. I'm waiting for Schwarzbein's new book to come out. I gave my copy to my mom, I hope she reads it. I hear that the new book has a lot more detailed info.
Bye,
Maureen
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-22-02, 13:55

Plan: Whole Foods Since 2/02
Stats: 360.5/174.5/200 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%

Hi Deb!

I've have wanted to tell you but I have not been able to post for a couple of weeks due to technical difficulties in signing in. But you are so pretty! I love your new picture, too. What a gorgeous lady you are. I'm so proud of you.

The butter thing is interesting. I use the Trader Joes butter, but not the organic one, just the blue label unsalted. In fact, we've used it for many years, it doesn't have hormones in it, whichs is great.

But I don't think it is organic. I think I will buy a pound of the organic and see this difference you are talking about. We go through so much butter in this house that I don't know if I want to try it (I might like too much and cost me too much!).

Well thanks for the tip, I'll let ya know what I think after I next go shopping and do a personal taste test. And thanks for posting that lovely picture of your beautiful face! --Betty
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jul-22-02, 19:13

Plan: Southbeach
Stats: 148/145/135 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 23%

A lot of people also like what's often labled as "European-style" or Plugra butter -- it's also very flavorful and much creamier. Trader Joe's has the best price I've found on Plugra -- it's in a red package.

Abby