Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Jul-17-02, 08:43

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 191/152/155
BF:
Progress: 108%
Talking Southern Belle from Bluebell

You are young! Look at me at 47 I felt hopeless weighing as much as 195. You have reached a goal before - you know it works! Have confidence, just focus, stay dedicated!

Also it is my opinion that we need to make sure as we move through LC phases to have many food choices to sort of mimic what we had before. I think this will help lower temptations to eat bad food. If I eat eggs every morning for the next 5 years I might get tired of the whole thing. But I am now trying LC cereals to alternate and sort of mimic choices I had before the diet. The same with Pasta , Pizza, and bread. I am trying LC pasta & sauce, LC pizza dough, LC bread. Eventually my food choices will be similar to before the diet but just LC versions.

The other thing is we all have to be satisfied with whatever losses we achieve. I know I got stuck at 172 for over 3 weeks and got discouraged. I kept telling myself well at least I feel better at this weight.

As far as jobs - I had the same problem trying to break in the job market in 1978. Just persevere and be a go-getter! I have to say this again you are young and it may take a few years for you to get established - of course that does not help today. Even consider a Masters degree or MBA. I have to tell you things I wish I had done at your age. Also last year somebody turned me onto a book that I wish I had read starting out called How to Win Friends and Influence people by Dale Carnegie. Good Luck!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Jul-17-02, 12:13
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 201/195/150 Female 5'7"
BF:Too Much!
Progress: 12%
Default I am such a wus!

I need to vent so if you want a laugh - read this post The day from Atkins Hell

Ugh!! I did really well the 11-15th. Lost 5 lbs!! Got the sexy shorts out - blah blah blah!

Then on the Tues things got really hectic - my dieters adv. was off - I'd took them an hour before (when I thought) I would eat then got in endless meetings. I didn't get to eat until way later in the aft & I was so hungry at that time I struggled to beat down the carb monster let alone take another pill and hold off another hour! The Pinacle - Not having enough water with and no caf. free diet soda at the meetings I was forced to drink - of all things - regular diet pepsi!! Oh my Gawd!! There is probably like three pounds right there! No questions asked.

To top it off - I didn't get my vitamins in, my head spun and I starred blankely and the newspaper as I tried to take some "me time" in the evening. I was exhaused and beat and this was not a good day in the lc life. As a matter of fact the whole day should be scrubbed from the pages of lc history!

I slept on and off during the night - then Bam! Another Kicker! -This morning I saw two little old lbs had creeped back up (just couldn't have been that one itty bitty slice of veggie pizza I had last night at 8 pm!!) What is up with that? I ask Mr. Scale as I exhale, remove my tee shirt and step on again. To the same avail! ( I considered giving Mr. Scale a ride on my size 8's!!)

But visions of size 12 Levi's in Fall dance in my head and I rally to attack the new day with the intent of emerging victoriously against all odds. LC is for me! LC is for me! I chant on my drive in to work! All pumped and ready to go - Same darn thing happened. Took my dieters adv before leaving home at 6 am thinking I'd eat breakfast about 7. Forgot my vitimans at home again and got into meeting after meeting until just now!! Fortuently I work in a place that has a great cafeteria that fits my LC diet well. But very pricy. Oh well no one ever said there was any free lunch in the world - lc or not! (Bad Pun Sorry could resist

So I thought I'd post this to vent and to help others see that all does not go as planned but stick to this- I know it works. And for any of you who are in IT and lcing it - Pack your brief case like you are going to Siberia for a week! I mean load it down with gallon of water and a whole turkey because you may not ever come out!!! Tee Heee!! Hope you enjoyed my little story - I feel much better - Cats
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Jul-17-02, 20:07

Plan: Atkins/ Protein Power
Stats: 173/140/140 Female 69.5
BF:2ndX w/ Atkins
Progress: 100%
Default Hi Everyone:)

My best friend from Phila decided to surprise me last week and stop by in Memphis for a visit so I haven't been on this week...let's see what I've missed.

Gracie - I haven't talked to you in forever - I'm so glad you're almost at your goal. I can't believe I got off track for so long. Anyway, my bf decided to visit b/c like you and me, she can't find a job and graduate from Notre Dame...she's looking for a waitressing job in the mean time. I think I may try to work in a jewelry store or something, but who knows...

The pic that is up is from Feb 2002, after I had lost 35 lbs (I was 138), I guess I should change the pic, but I'm afraid to

Yes, I guess you guys are right about the info thing - I met a good friend here on the forum so now I just trust everyone...I'll try to keep my guard up and private message more, thanks.

Thanks for all the job advice y'all

My lcing is remaining steady, I'm just trying to take it slow so this will stick for life. I've taken everyones' advice.

Thanks again. I'll be on tomorrow...when I take a break from the job search, so I'll check my PM (Tanyakees, I'll message you back tomorrow after I get a chance to read it) and all the new posts.

Tanyakees - My pom is soooooo bad too - more like a spoiled brat She loves it when we cut her hair b/c she gets sooooo hott!

Thanks for the story Cat - I know we can do it!

Well everyone I'll talk to you later,
E
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Jul-18-02, 07:57

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 185/173/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Hey Erin....good to see you back . I was wondering what happened to you.

Cat....too funny, I know how you feel. I am in IT, and the meeting thing is never ending, hang in there.