Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jul-08-02, 22:22

Plan: Personal
Stats: 225/212/205 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 65%
Unhappy I don't eat eggs!! What's for breakfast??

For as long as I can remember, I have always hated eggs in their 'lonesome' state. If they're mixed in with a shake or french toast, fine, but I've never been able to stomach scrambled, poached, hard-boiled, sunnnyside up or fried eggs!

Lately I've been having protein shakes for breakfast, but I'd like a little variety. I saw the recipe for the pork rind pancakes, which looks great, I think I'll try it this weekend (if I can find pork rinds in this town!). But during the week, I leave for work in a hurry and don't have time for a time-consuming breakfast, let alone any excercise!

Any sans-egg suggestions? Thanks folks!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-09-02, 05:45

Plan: formerly Atkins
Stats: 350/232/225 Female 5' 8"
BF:mooooo/moo/buff
Progress: 94%

I don't really care for eggs myself either. So, I have one of the following for breakfast: flax-o-meal, cheeseburgers, mortadella and provolone wrapped in a large romaine lettuce leaf, steak and mushrooms, or baked meatballs.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-09-02, 06:27

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

What is Breakfast but another meal, right? As an adult you now have permission to eat whatever you'd like for any meal of the day (assuming it's LC of course ) - so why let the contraints of the word 'breakfast' box you in? If it's good enough for lunch / dinner it's good enough for breakfast.

A perennial fave around my house are hot spicy chicken wings

Nat
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-09-02, 08:07

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 265/258/129
BF:48/48/20
Progress: 5%

Hi Joe,
I always have protein shakes in the morning too. I have about 4 different flavours that I rotate.

If you do a search for "mock danish" you'll find an easy thing to make. It's basically cream cheese, one egg plus flavourings alll mixed together and then nuked.

In the recipe section, I believe there is a whole section devoted to breakfast ideas. Look for "muffins" too. I've read that you can freeze them and then heat them up in the microwave really quickly. I haven't tried them yet but I intend to.

Lolabug.
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jul-09-02, 11:37

Plan: mostly paleo
Stats: //
BF:also don't care
Progress: 100%

like nat says, whatever is fine! On the run, a cold pork chop or chicken thigh. This morning I made a "joe's special" (joe joe's special for you, I guess! ) --ground beef, spinach, cheese (and egg to stick it together, but you could leave that out and have a crumblier meal)

enjoy!
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Oct-15-02, 20:13

Plan: TSP
Stats: 270/270/120
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default I don't eat eggs

I have gotton alot of great ideas on this breakfast site. I can do cottage cheese and fruit, and the lox and cream cheese rolled in a lettuce leaf sounds great too. Also there is a great recipe for faux granola that you can take on the run (look at the breakfast recipes). The person that said breakfast is only a word and that we are adults and can eat what we want, was very profound!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Oct-16-02, 08:12
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes Solution
Stats: 150/?/135
BF:?
Progress: 0%
Default flaxomeal

Someone mentioned flaxomeal, which I got to replace my morning oatmeal. It is fast, you just add hot water, and very good for you (I'm a big proponent of flax seeds). However, I found the taste to be a sad alternative to oatmeal--until I started eating it this way, which I want to share with you all:

1/2 cup flaxomeal w/ boiling water to desired thickness (I don't measure water, I just pour it and stir until the lumps are out)
2 Tbsp. heavy cream
2 Tbsp. Dr. Atkins vanilla syrup (0 carb, 0 calorie)

Delicious!
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Oct-27-02, 09:20
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 360/345/175
BF:??????
Progress: 8%
Arrow

I agree with Natrushka eat anything l/c can of tuna in the morning is good