Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Kitchen Talk (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   I don't eat eggs!! What's for breakfast?? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=49953)

Joe Joe Mon, Jul-08-02 22:22

I don't eat eggs!! What's for breakfast??

For as long as I can remember, I have always hated eggs in their 'lonesome' state. If they're mixed in with a shake or french toast, fine, but I've never been able to stomach scrambled, poached, hard-boiled, sunnnyside up or fried eggs!

Lately I've been having protein shakes for breakfast, but I'd like a little variety. I saw the recipe for the pork rind pancakes, which looks great, I think I'll try it this weekend (if I can find pork rinds in this town!). But during the week, I leave for work in a hurry and don't have time for a time-consuming breakfast, let alone any excercise!

Any sans-egg suggestions? :D Thanks folks!

DarkLotus Tue, Jul-09-02 05:45

I don't really care for eggs myself either. So, I have one of the following for breakfast: flax-o-meal, cheeseburgers, mortadella and provolone wrapped in a large romaine lettuce leaf, steak and mushrooms, or baked meatballs.

Natrushka Tue, Jul-09-02 06:27

What is Breakfast but another meal, right? As an adult you now have permission to eat whatever you'd like for any meal of the day (assuming it's LC of course ;) ) - so why let the contraints of the word 'breakfast' box you in? If it's good enough for lunch / dinner it's good enough for breakfast.

A perennial fave around my house are hot spicy chicken wings :yum:

Nat

Lolabug Tue, Jul-09-02 08:07

Hi Joe,
I always have protein shakes in the morning too. I have about 4 different flavours that I rotate.

If you do a search for "mock danish" you'll find an easy thing to make. It's basically cream cheese, one egg plus flavourings alll mixed together and then nuked.

In the recipe section, I believe there is a whole section devoted to breakfast ideas. Look for "muffins" too. I've read that you can freeze them and then heat them up in the microwave really quickly. I haven't tried them yet but I intend to.

Lolabug.

razzle Tue, Jul-09-02 11:37

like nat says, whatever is fine! On the run, a cold pork chop or chicken thigh. This morning I made a "joe's special" (joe joe's special for you, I guess! ;) ) --ground beef, spinach, cheese (and egg to stick it together, but you could leave that out and have a crumblier meal)

enjoy!

goleta Tue, Oct-15-02 20:13

I don't eat eggs

I have gotton alot of great ideas on this breakfast site. I can do cottage cheese and fruit, and the lox and cream cheese rolled in a lettuce leaf sounds great too. Also there is a great recipe for faux granola that you can take on the run (look at the breakfast recipes). The person that said breakfast is only a word and that we are adults and can eat what we want, was very profound!

puma_power Wed, Oct-16-02 08:12

flaxomeal

Someone mentioned flaxomeal, which I got to replace my morning oatmeal. It is fast, you just add hot water, and very good for you (I'm a big proponent of flax seeds). However, I found the taste to be a sad alternative to oatmeal--until I started eating it this way, which I want to share with you all:

1/2 cup flaxomeal w/ boiling water to desired thickness (I don't measure water, I just pour it and stir until the lumps are out)
2 Tbsp. heavy cream
2 Tbsp. Dr. Atkins vanilla syrup (0 carb, 0 calorie)

Delicious! :)

K P Sun, Oct-27-02 09:20

I agree with Natrushka eat anything l/c can of tuna in the morning is good :yum: