Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Fri, May-17-02, 14:31

Plan: atkins-ish
Stats: 403/403/299 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Hellloooooo!!!

Hello again!
You tried to PM me a few days ago and my box was full so I never received your message. Is there an update on the taste testing?

Just checkin' in!!

Peace,
Star

BTW, I don't know if I mentioned this before but SOURDOUGH FRENCH STYLE BREAD would complete my world!!! If that's too high a mark just sourdough bread would be fantabulous!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sun, May-19-02, 08:43
Registered Member

Plan: Mainly the Metabolic Diet
Stats: 330/219/170
BF:
Progress: 69%
Default Testing, testing

Hiya Star....
Yeah, we've been playing PM tag, haven't we??? :-) I appreciate all your suggestions. I heard that the Atkins ready made bread was REALLY good, and almost had a french bread texture. And I KNOW I saw a recipe on lowcarbluxury.com for a bread that ends up like french bread. I wonder how it could be modified to become more of a sourdough. Hmmmmm......
On the taste testing thing, just PM me and I'll let you know what kind of testing we are doing and when. I'm not free to do food at this time (there's the disclaimer, once AGAIN LOLOL) but I anticipate that eventually I will be and I would love some feedback.
Happy Lowcarbing,
Julee
  #33   ^
Old Mon, May-20-02, 12:43
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 141/126/115 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 58%

Hi,
I don't have a specific ITEM but anything that you can pop into the toaster in the morning would be marvelous! (OR the microwave) You all know the aggravation of getting ready for work (while doing 10 things at once), pouring the coffee, and the thoughts of COOKING Canadian or regular bacon and/or eggs turns into "NO WAY! NO TIME!" I really miss the convenience of toast or waffles or English muffins or bagels. Eggs just DON'T TOAST WELL!!! A breakfast bar for "on the run" would also come in handy. The ones out there now are either terrible tasting or dubious in their carb count. I've currently got a question on carb count posed to EAS for their Advantage Bar on the REALLY CARB COUNT. I'll let you know if they answer me. I know you `DON'T DO FOOD RIGHT NOW' but WHEN YOU DO, the breakfast thing would be my priority! THANKS!
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Jun-05-02, 08:46

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 185/173/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Hi, this Tanya. I am new here but not new to LC. I am 55lbs down and have 40 to go. I would love to see LC ice cream. I miss ice cream soooooooooo bad.....LOL. And I would love to be a tester for you Julee. Good luck with the new company.

Tanya
  #35   ^
Old Mon, Jul-01-02, 08:10
Registered Member

Stats: 141/135/120
BF:
Progress: 29%
Talking My dream foods

I haven't been in in a while but we're still lowcarbing here in S. Texas. Started in February and our main reason for cheating are those comfort foods.

I'd love to see some ice cream - whatever flavor you want.
Really any kind of good frozen treat.

Also I'd like a legal veggie chip - like the ones out there but without the carrots and potatoes. Don't ask me what else to use but it's a wishlist right?

Can't think of anything else right now - but something will come to me.

cc
  #36   ^
Old Mon, Jul-01-02, 15:15
Registered Member

Plan: Mainly the Metabolic Diet
Stats: 330/219/170
BF:
Progress: 69%

Wow....great suggestions, all of them. I AM free to do food now and will be rolling out the first food product in early August. Those of you who wished to be notified will be sent an email at that time. I wish I could say it's lowcarb ice-cream!!!!! LOL I did hear about a great one made by Goldenbrook Farms and sold at Brookshires. (we don't have one of those in Austin yet) Manufactures are coming out with lots of great products now and finally the bar is being raised as far as quality and cost, a good thing for all lowcarb consumers, including ME! :-) Thank-you everyone for your suggestions and support. Onward and upward!!!
Happy Lowcarbing,
Julee :-)
  #37   ^
Old Tue, Jul-02-02, 13:22
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%
Default on the subject of sourdough...

There's the Lora Brody products, used for years by professional bakers and including their "All Natural Sourdough Bread Enhancer" which is added to a bread recipe (even an LC bread recipe) for that "authentic" sourdough taste and texture.

This product is reviewed on http://www.lowcarbluxury.com, just go to the reviews section. I'm going to give it a shot on my homemade rye breadmaker recipe (and BEFORE anyone asks, it's here already in the Reader's Recipes section of the website!).
  #38   ^
Old Tue, Jul-16-02, 20:49

Plan: Sugar Busters/Low Glycemic
Stats: 180/150/145
BF:
Progress: 86%
Default My wish list...

Hi!

Though I'm generally happy with low carbing I'm always on the lookout for new stuff to try. You gotta make yourself feel like you're cheating even when you're not!

Anyways, I'd love to see

SF ice cream with NO malodextrin! I don't care if the textures a little off as long as it tastes good.

Low carb bars. And I mean real ones without all the hidden carbs. I'm partial to cookies and cream and sm'ores when it comes to flavors. Though you can't go wrong with peanut butter.

Maybe some sort of low carb breading/coating. Like for fried chicken.

I second the suggestion for low carb sourdough. And if you do make that please, please make a pizza crust version for it as well!!! I miss pizza. Maybe even a premade low carb frozen pizza. Yummy AND easy!

Frozen entree's sound good too. Anything easy. Maybe some intersting veggie cassoroles. Or chicken creations. Like those homestyle bake things minus starches.

Hmmm...I don't know if making low carb versions of the following are even possible but I really hope so!

1. Cinnamon Bread. Premade or ready to bake. I always screw up these thing where you just order the powder and make it yourself.

2. Donut substitute

3. Tortilla chip sub

4. really good muffins, cookies, brownies, etc...

5.mock potato salad

6. macaroni and cheese

7.flourless chocolate cake

8. something similar to popcorn

9. sugar free licorice w/out added malodextrin or starches.

Well, that's it for now.

Oh, and if you're still looking for taste testers I'm absolutely willing! I tried to pm you but it wouldn't go through for some reason. You can e-mail me at Raisingyrl~aol.com about the taste testing if you'd like.

Thanks!
  #39   ^
Old Mon, Aug-12-02, 23:30
Registered Member

Stats: 228/205/140
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default Another Willing Guinea Pig

Hey Julee! Wow no suggestions from me! After reading all the replies how in the world could I possibly think of anything else to add to the wish list?! (Although if I think of something I'll let you know!! ) Anyway, I still have another week left of my induction, but when that is done I will be more than willing to be on the taster squad!!! You can e-mail me at TModel115~aol. Goodluck with your endeavor!
  #40   ^
Old Wed, Aug-14-02, 18:19
Registered Member

Stats: 358/345/175
BF:
Progress: 7%

ICE CREAM