Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#316   ^
Old Thu, Jun-20-02, 06:30

Plan: Doctor's Prescribed Plan
Stats: 274/169/144 Female 5' 5"
BF:60%/42%/22%
Progress: 81%
Default Thanks

Thanks for the tip! It seems like I read that part about glutamine somewhere in the back of Atkins new book. I guess I need to use the Atkins book as more of a manual instead of leaving it sitting on my bookshelf, huh?

Has anyone here ever actually tried the glutamine?
Sponsored Links
  #317   ^
Old Thu, Jun-20-02, 06:41

Plan: Atkins- post pregnancy
Stats: 174/127/125 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%

Quote:
How do I beat the TOM cravings? How? How? How?
I use 400mcg chromium picolinate and water, water, water.

Later,
Heather
  #318   ^
Old Thu, Jun-20-02, 08:03

Plan: Atkins --> South Beach
Stats: 219/214.5/165 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

Garrison – I tried the glutamine to ease muscle soreness when I was doing BFL, and when I RE-start BFL, I’ll likely go back to it. I don’t know if it was the thing that curbed my carb cravings, or just this WOE in general, but there are some good discussions of it here in the usenet area about cravings, and here in one of the exercise forums about trainning.

I fend off cravings by trying a new LC food – usually it’s something I would have denied myself on any low fat WOE. Yesterday it was artichoke hearts marinated in olive oil – just threw ‘em in the (mainly lettuce) green salad, and voila! New taste treat. Just visit the gourmet section of the store – the stuff is more expensive, but if you only do it one in a while to stave off the cravings, it’s worth it.

--Rhu
  #319   ^
Old Thu, Jun-20-02, 08:05

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 185/173/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Good morning everyone Just wanted to pop in and say hi. How is everybody doing? I am doing pretty good, still no cheating . Also this is my 3rd day w/o diet cokes. I do miss them. I have one cup of coffee in the morning with little heavy cream, no sweetners, and then it's water for the rest of the day. I feel like I will float away any minute .

Garrison, how are you this morning? Better I hope.
Have a great LC day everyone, bye fo now
  #320   ^
Old Thu, Jun-20-02, 08:15

Default doing better

Hey Tanya! It's always so good to see you.

I'm doing better this week. I haven't cheated since Monday. (Monday was the icky funeral day.) I have noticed a half pound of weight loss so far, but I'm sure that by the beginning of next week I will drop several TOM pounds. (At least that's what I'm really hoping!)

You are doing so good these days and I'm so proud of you for sticking with it! The next time I get the urge to cheat like I did last weekend I am going to rush to the forum and try to remind myself that the weight loss is worth SO MUCH MORE than the cheating. Your posts will help to remind me!
  #321   ^
Old Thu, Jun-20-02, 08:33

BF:

Good to see you too . I am glad you are feeling better. Hang in there, you are doing great. I have to run to a meeting, but will check in in a little while. Have a great day
  #322   ^
Old Thu, Jun-20-02, 20:16
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 175/160/135
BF:
Progress: 38%

Garrison - the L-Glutamine works for my cravings. I keep a bottle on my desk shelf and one on my kitchen counter. I even carry a few around in my purse just in case.

My issue is stalls. I am in one big time right now. Have been sitting at this 160 number for over a month. I am so close to 159 I can taste it!!!

Can some one point me in the direction of the fat flushing. I know Terridoodle asked about it a few threads back but don't remember if there were any responses. I have got ot find some way to jump start this weight lose because if I see that number one more time I am going to scream. Not really because truth be told I am over joyed with the 20 lb. loss since 1/1/02.

Well I am off. Welcome to all the new people who have joined the 140 challenge and hello to all the hangers on...stick with it we will see that number yet!.

Regards, Judy
  #323   ^
Old Thu, Jun-20-02, 20:38
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%
Talking

Hey Judy!! LTNS!!

4 weeks isn't that bad of a stall! I just FINALLY came off a 6 week one myself. Lost 4 lbs in the last 2 wks Doesn't sound like much but it's better than ZERO!!

The only person I know that's tried Fat Flush is Bloom. Check back in her journal 2-3 weeks or so.... I don't think she's still on it though. I read the book but it's too low-cal, low-fat for me.... I knew I couldn't stick with it.

Do you keep track of your calories? Maybe you're not eating enough ( or a little too much?) The best thing really is not to worry about it too much right now. In a couple of weeks you can panic and start tweaking In the meantime, just up your water.

Good to see you!
  #324   ^
Old Fri, Jun-21-02, 04:17
Registered Member

Plan: 20-30 grams daily
Stats: 262/192/140
BF:
Progress: 57%

dont know wheather i was on a stall or not but had not lost much in the past two weeks. this week i was off on vacation for 10 days and since i was home with more time i upped the water intake alot and i have dropped five more pounds so maybe its just the water intake.
  #325   ^
Old Fri, Jun-21-02, 06:41

Default Finally!

I am finally losing some of that TOM weight. I weighed in at 208 this morning, so that's a two pound loss. Thank Goodness!
  #326   ^
Old Fri, Jun-21-02, 07:01

BF:

lynda
Hey, about the fat fast... pg. 239-242 in your bible, I mean your DANDR. To get the 900 calories of fat I use the macadamia nuts and cream cheese.( 5 ounces total, ex. 2 of the cream cheese and 3 ounces of macadamia nuts) He gives you a few other options but I'm not big on avocados or pate`, or caviar. I tried to do 2 oz. of chicken salad w/ 3x's the mayo, but it's so good it was hard to stop. I think it would be best to dish out that portion the night before when you're not so hungry. And whatever you do, keep drinking your water! It's what really gets me through. GOOD LUCK!

FAT FLUSH http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...5397#post395397

Later,
Heather

Last edited by liddle : Fri, Jun-21-02 at 07:16.
  #327   ^
Old Fri, Jun-21-02, 07:22

BF:

Morinng everyone, I am down 1 pound this morning,I am soooo excited . I stoped drinking diet cokes, maybe that will help. 60% there...YEAHHHH.

Garrison, I am glad you are doing better. Just keep at it girlfiend, it will happen. I hope everyone has a great LC Friday.
  #328   ^
Old Fri, Jun-21-02, 08:11
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Well, the whoosh fairy is visiting EVERYONE today!!! Congratulations girls!!!!!!!!
  #329   ^
Old Fri, Jun-21-02, 12:08

BF:

NO, not EVERYONE! I'm happy you guys are seeing the scale go down just don't forget to send that whoosh fairy my way.

later,
Heather
  #330   ^
Old Fri, Jun-21-02, 12:15

Plan: Atkins --> South Beach
Stats: 219/214.5/165 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

Heather, don’t feel bad. Getting back on the wagon this week caused me to gain 3 pounds – but then I did show a one pound loss. (I think it’s because my LC food choices are saltier than the sugar-filled ones I had been eating.)

Hoping you all have a satisfying, healthy, low carb weekend …
Rhu