Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jun-16-02, 15:32

Plan: LOW CARB ONLY
Stats: 283/175/150
BF:
Progress: 81%
Default Keto Shakes and what cocoa has NO sugar.

Hi
I looked all over for cocoa with no sugar..the sugar free ones say. NO SUGAR ADDED and on the back panel. 7 grams of sugar. I want to mix this with whip cream for a little tasty treat.

Any ideas? HELP

Also anyone tried Keto Shakes? Are there any HIDDEN carbs in that brand..

Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jun-16-02, 16:08

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Hi TT21 and welcome to the forum!

Hershey's baking cocoa has no sugar added, but it does have some carbs, roughly 1 gram per teaspoon (cocoa is a bean, after all). As for the Keto Shakes, I haven't found any hidden carbs in them and do use them occasionally, but I wouldn't recommend them during induction. During induction, it's best to stick with the recommended foods list and I haven't seen low carb shakes, bars, etc... on that list yet. Some people also have a problem with artificial sweeteners of all types and artificial sweeteners are limited during induction to no more than 3 packets a day. Good luck!
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jun-16-02, 17:51

BF:

Hi Lisa
Well thanks a million for that response. What a goofball I am. I was looking at the hot chocolate cocoa....thanks for telling me.

I planned to do that after induction. I lost a bunch of weight and stalled and went back to induction. Lost 8lbs so far in almost 2 weeks. Yipppeee..

Thanks again

Lisa..let me ask you. What about Peanut butter. I see it all over on Low Carb but I think it has to many carbs for the amount you get..whats your take on that?
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jun-16-02, 18:02

BF:

My husband enjoys peanut butter, but I buy the natural kind from the health food store (no sugar or hydrogenated fats added...just ground peanuts) which is about 3 grams of carb for 2 tablespoons. He eats it right off the spoon for an occasional treat. Peanuts and nuts are not allowed during induction (peanuts are actually a legume, not a nut), so you might want to save that for the ongoing weight loss phase too. For me, I don't enjoy peanut butter enough to "waste" 4 grams of carb on it when I could have a big salad with bleu cheese dressing instead and be satisfied for a lot longer. Just my opinion, though.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jun-17-02, 03:38

Plan: my own
Stats: 164/125/125 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 100%

I was just wondering, am I alone in the fact that peanut butter really triggers carb cravings?
Doods.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jun-17-02, 09:51

BF:

Thanks Lisa..

Not sure doodles. It didn't do it for me as far as the Pnut butter thing being a carb trigger

Lisa, can you tell me where I would find a basic list for induction. Funny I lost 100lbs to date BUT sort of made up my plan along the way. I would like to see exactly what is allowed on the 2 week induction. Thanks
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jun-17-02, 10:47

Plan: atkins
Stats: 148/122/115
BF:
Progress: 79%

Quote:
Originally posted by Doodle
I was just wondering, am I alone in the fact that peanut butter really triggers carb cravings?
Doods.

Hey Doods- Are u eating the commercial brands (Jif, Skippy...) or the SF ones from health food stores? I can't have normal (with sugar) peanut butter. It triggered a monster craving for me last time

Hi TT21- Hello & welcome to this forum!! I read your profile & saw that u haven't read any LC books, just websites. Are u on the Atkins' plan? U really should read the book (Dr. Atkins New Diet Revolutionary, 2002 edition). There're tons of useful info in the book. U don't necessary have buy it, maybe u can borrow it from the library. It's for your own good I wish u every success on your LC journey

Bebe
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jun-17-02, 15:36

Plan: my own
Stats: 164/125/125 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally posted by disneybebe

Hey Doods- Are u eating the commercial brands (Jif, Skippy...) or the SF ones from health food stores? I can't have normal (with sugar) peanut butter. It triggered a monster craving for me last time

Bebe

Unfortunately, dear Bebe, I am eating the health food store kind... no sugar, no nuthin'. I think the very SMELL of anything that could ever possibly be smothered in chocolate could send me off into a spin...
Doods
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jun-17-02, 16:58

BF:

TT21...

You can probably find a list of foods allowed on induction on the Atkins website, WWW.atkinscenter.com but it would be very helpful if you were to buy a book or two on the subject (or borrow them from the library). You might be missing out on a lot of things that you CAN have and eating some things that you shouldn't. It's hard to argue with 100 lbs of success, but there's always room for improvement! I learn something new every day about this WOE and I read a LOT. Sometimes, I pick up new information just reading through the same book two or three times; usually stuff that didn't strike me as important the first time around, but later did. Keep at it, you're doing great!
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jun-17-02, 18:53

BF:

Thank u everyone

and Lisa N I agree with u. I too, learn something new everyday on low carb WOL

Thanks and I think I will get that book, can't hurt me, can only help me along the way to my goal.

:-)
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jun-17-02, 18:58

BF:
Default Lisa N

Went to the Atkins page. Found all I need to know about the induction thing and a ton more. THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!