Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, May-27-02, 04:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 227/185/165 Female 167 cm
BF:
Progress: 68%
Smile low carbing in New Zealand

Hi Everyone

After lurking for a while I have started posting so I thought I should introduce myself.

My name is Niki and I live in Auckland , New Zealand. I have been doing the zone for about 2 months.

I have really enjoyed getting more energy and and losing some weight. I have been amazed how my food cravings have disappeared.

I have spent the last ten year on low fat diets but always ended up tired, hungry and depressed. My mother and half sister have developed type 2 diabetes so I decided I needed to take action -and it needed to be a new type of action as the old way did not work !

The more I research the whole low-carb woe the further I want to get in to it. I have been reading both Atkins and Protein power and am thinking of switching to Atkins induction.

I have sold some of my old low fat cook books to the 2nd hand shop and am reinvesting in low-carb ones ! If any one has particular favourite please let me know. I still like to cook and don't plan on staving myself!

I have found a wealth of information on this web site and in the forum. I want to say a special hello to Tara in Invercargill - Tara I checked out your web site -you are a real inspiration to me.

Niki
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, May-27-02, 13:30

Stats: 242/203.5/140 Female 64 inches (5' 4'')
BF:
Progress: 38%

Welcome to the forum! And this WOE.

I hope you have as much success with this as I am having. The not starving, more energy and clearer face (adult acne) are definately points in low-carbings favor.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, May-27-02, 15:15

Stats: 235/167/167 Female 167cm
BF:45%/25.5%/20%
Progress: 100%

hi Niki,

Great to have you hee. There are a handful of Kiwi's on the site, and Bloom is close to Auckland too.

Looks like you have alredy made a good start and reading reading reading is always a good thing

Good luck and continued success

Lesley
  #4   ^
Old Tue, May-28-02, 04:12

BF:

Hi Talon and Lesley

Thank you both for your warm welcome.

I see that both of you have made really good progress low carbing. I wonder if people who participate in support forums are more successful in the long run.

This forum has given me lost of ideas and encourgement. Every time I log in I learn something new. I have looked a few other low carb web sites but I have to say that this one is my favourite.

Niki
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-28-02, 13:44

Stats: 235/167/167 Female 167cm
BF:45%/25.5%/20%
Progress: 100%

hi Niki,

Yes this site has been a huge help to me. I have been LCing for about 9 months and found this site right at the start.

Without it I am sure thatI wouldn't have stuck the distance. The people here are awesome and there is heaps of great information

Lesley
  #6   ^
Old Wed, May-29-02, 04:26
Registered Member

Stats: 264.5/161/154
BF:
Progress: 94%

Hi Niki, welcome!

I'm glad you liked my website, thanks for saying what you did. I set up my website as I gained heaps of inspiration from people like Tinakaye and ConnieMS and reading their sites, and thought maybe someone would get inspired from what I've achieved so far. Thanks for saying that, to be honest you've made me feel like crying!

Congratulations on your progress so far! You're doing great. If you ever want to email me, feel free (tara_nz at hotmail.com)

Tara
  #7   ^
Old Fri, May-31-02, 02:59

BF:

Thank you Tara for your warm welcome. I bet it is pretty cold down south because it is freezing here in Auckland.

I'm going to try the Atkins induction starting tomorrow. I don't think I will have too many problems with the lunches and dinner but I'm a bit worried about the breakfasts. Have you got any good ideas on this front?

Thanks
Niki