Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-23-02, 02:22

Plan: Dr Aitkins
Stats: 168/168/120
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Please allow me to introduce myself.....

Good Morning,

My name is Charlotte and i'm a carboholic!! I just can't help myself, i adore fresh pasta and bread and chocolate!!!! I have done the Aitkins before and lost 20 pounds and i felt really healthy but i started slipping and now i have put the 20 pounds back on!!

i really want to lose the weight again and so i have decided that no other diet works like the Aitkins and i love eating steak and salad, and cream cheese and olives, so i'm back on it!!! I want to do the Aitkins forever, but i'm so scared that i will slip again, any advice? any useful tips would be really appreicated!!

I have been back on the diet for 2 days now and am very dark on my ketosis sticks already, also have been power walking! I don't like exercise and any advice with that would be helpful!!

I hope some of you will share your stories with me and give me inspirtation, i look forward to chatting with you all....

Charlotte

ps. i'm 28 years old and live in England.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-23-02, 04:40
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Hi Charlotte!!

So glad you're here!! You'll do much better this time since you've found this forum.... there's so many helpful, supportive folks here... and lots of people to "answer to"!! We'll help keep you on track!

There's some new "stickies" in the Confession Booth that I think you'll find VERY helpful. Click here to check them out. Better yet, print them out and stick 'em to your fridge!!!

Have a great day!!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-23-02, 08:52

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Thumbs up Welcome Aboard

Hi Charlotte and welcome to this forum from another UK resident.

Looks like you know the ropes re Atkins and this time you need to commit to changing your lifestyle so the pounds that come off do not creep back on again.

Glad the ketostix have changed colour. One tip though, if they are dark purple then you are not drinking enough water. They should be more at the pink end. Drink water, drink water, drink water.

This site is a great motivator and support network as well as having good information and advice. Keep browsing around the forums and get inspiration from the journals in the journal/boot camp section. They might inspire you to start one of your own. You make lots of friends that way and they are always dropping in to see how you are.

I look forward to seeing you on this forum and hearing your progress. Have you seen their is a UK forum as well?
  #4   ^
Old Thu, May-23-02, 09:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Smile Welcome Charlotte..

We're all glad that you're ready to LC again...

You'll find a great deal of information here and plenty of wonderful to encourage and assist with your journey.

Since you've LC before and then stopped, I'm guessing that it might be because you became bored with eating the same foods. I know because I've been there.

This time around, take full advantage of the hundreds of recipes available to you and expand your menus. Also, don't be afraid to mix things up. Typical dinner foods don't have to be just for dinner and so forth.

Good luck to you!

Donald
  #5   ^
Old Thu, May-23-02, 09:40
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

If you are back to low-carbing after some time away, I strongly suggest that you get the new 2002 edition of Dr. Atkins Diet Revolution and read it as a refresher. There is more information and newer information. It will help you to get your mind in focus for what is ahead and give you a greater sense of determination.

Karen